• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Thanos with complete gauntlet VS Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
>?

You randomly posted an irrelevant quote about ainz wondering what type of special ability shizu's belonged to. I've read vol 13, and that quote was nothing more than Ainz trying to figure out how many times can shizu interrupt his spells.

>Ainz can just think, no movement needed.

Ainz's spell was only interrupted due to a skill? Ok, great that's some wonderful proof that he doesn't take the time to point his finger even while silent casting /s

My original reasoning for thanos was before the thought of speed blitz was added to this thread. That being a high hypersonic character will clench his fist faster than a hypersonic guy can point his hand at him. But if you want to conclude that this is not a fair fight we shall end it here.

>You randomly posted an irrelevant quote about ainz wondering what type of special ability shizu's belonged to. I've read vol 13, and that quote was nothing more than Ainz trying to figure out how many times can shizu interrupt his spells.

Okay, you pointed out that he NEED to move his hand by quoting that Shizu hit his hand and that interrupt his casting, i bring quote as counterpoint it by that she have skill (which Ainz didn't know about) that interrupt spell. Even if he just stand still and pronounce spell name she can shot and interrupt it.

I can quote almost whole Ainz v Shalltear fight and there almost none of visual elements of Ainz casting spell, just verbal.

Like:

Ainz moved back to where he had been standing before the lance had impaled him. As Shalltear watched him in bafflement, Ainz cast another spell. "[Wall of Skeleton]!"

--

Ainz was not finished yet. "Dance! [Triplet Magic - Obsidian Sword]." Three longswords appeared in mid-air, their black bodies gleaming. They streaked after Shalltear, as though they had a mind of their ow

--

Her recovery rate was enough to surpass the damage done by the obsidian sword, so in order to cut down her rate of healing, Ainz cast an attack spell. "[Triplet Maximize Magic - Reality Slash]." The three dimension-rending slashes drew gouts of fresh blood from Shalltear, but she paid it no heed and continued pressing forward, the implacable obsidian sword at her back.

etc, etc.
You can't just say Ok there he just didn't want to move his hand and there he need move his hand to cast same spell.

>My original reasoning for thanos was before the thought of speed blitz was added to this thread. That being a high hypersonic character will clench his fist faster than a hypersonic guy can point his hand at him. But if you want to conclude that this is not a fair fight we shall end it here.

The problem is bloodlusted Thanos can use his powers (5-A) faster than Ainz do something it's just speed blitz stomp. If this is not bloodlusted Thanos he will be stomped by Ainz, because his attempt to CQC, which is High 6-B and Ainz just kill him with literally every single instant death spell.

Edit: My bad, thought Thanos 6-C, Thanos can speedblitzet and obliterate Ainz with bare hand.

Newendigo said:
You guys were the ones that argued that Ainz wins here.
Nah, i just said it's stomp in Ainz favour if Thanos have no speed and bloodlust. Thanos basically have no means to defend himself against Ainz.

>Anyway tho, thanos is 5-A, and both have comparable has. Stomp?

His durability very crappy.

>You can't just say

You can't say he didn't, despite the anime- which had author input - and the novel which was written by the author: Maruyama. Showing exactly otherwise. A quote from the anime director from the anthology on the subreddit.

And as we're adding or taking out content, we're asking the original author [Kugane] Maruyama things like"Is it okay if we do this?"and "What's the background on why this scene turned out like this?"and then based on that information we say,"Well if that's' the case,then could we add this?"etc. That's pretty much what happens at the script meetings.

And like I said before, even shalltear had been described as needing to move her hand for a specific spell in that volume your quoting, a spell that logically should not require her to raise her hand to anything because all it did was create a wall, but she clearly showed it was still a necessity to do so.

Your argument is just "They didn't specify that ainz moved his hand in 3rd volume, so it's not true". Blatantly ignoring what volume 13 had stated, because "3rd volume didn't say he raised his arm so no "

First volume showed him doing it too.

A dragon-shaped bolt of white electricity crackled around Momonga's arms and shoulders. The bolt flared brightly as it instantly surged out at the knight Momonga was pointing at.

Or are you going to say BS like "But that only counts for dragon lightning because dragon lightning needs to be aimed" The exact things you have no proof is not also a requirement for his targetted Death spells?

>Can TGOALID

Depends on what capabilities his soul stone grants him.

>You can't say he didn't, despite the anime- which had author input - and the novel which was written by the author: Maruyama. Showing exactly otherwise. A quote from the anime director from the anthology on the subreddit.

LN and Anime literally contradict in this aspect with themselves. So how did you know which one is more accurate? I take LN as canon.

>And like I said before, even shalltear had been described as needing to move her hand for a specific spell in that volume your quoting, a spell that logically should not require her to raise her hand to anything because all it did was create a wall, but she clearly showed it was still a necessity to do so.

Or she just want to make a hand gesture while casting? Why she have no problem with cast other spells which must be targeted somehow but to make a PROTECTIVE WALL she need to do something like this?

Shalltear made her move. '"[Force Sanctuary]." White radiance filled the area around Shalltear, a defensive barrier made of pure mana. While this barrier impeded the caster's attacks, it would also completely negate her opponent's' attacks.
And quote from vol.11 which released after anime season 1 and should be consistent wiht whole series.

They had taken control of all the major thoroughfares around the building. The Quagoas' routes of retreat were almost completely cut off. Shalltear sensed their confusion, and she cast a spell long before they could recover.
"[Mass Hold Species]."

As she had expected, they were not high-level opponents. Many of the Quagoa had stopped moving, frozen in place..
--

Shalltear smiled thinly. It would seem the conclusion she had reached from observing them, that of centering the spell on an outstanding-looking Quagoa — for now known as the commander — had been a worthwhile one. "[Mass Hold Species]." She cast the same spell again, and now even the fleeing Quagoa were neutralized.
--

A squelching noise came from underfoot. It would seem he had stepped on the innards which had fallen out of a bisected Quagoa. Ainz sighed and then cast [Mass Fly], allowing everyone to take flight.
--

Vol.12

However, the Sorcerer King's spell was faster still.
"How boring. — ÒÇîDeathÒÇì."

Nothing happened. There was no big explosion, no cataract of roaring lightning.
I have no idea how can you prove your point, because there BOTH cases where he make some gesture to cast or he didn't. And if he can choose to not make any movement then why he can't cast without them? He literally do it already many times, and you can't disregard this.

>Depends on what capabilities his soul stone grants him.

Probably in second movie he bring back all of people he killed in first movie, or something.

Since it's bloodlusted, Thanos stomps via speed and AP.

Without bloodlust, Thanos tries to go into CQC and gets instant death'd. He keeps lowering himself to his opponent's level, just enough to stomp but not enough to immediately 1-shot them. Even when trying to get The Vision's Mind Stone, he lowered himself to a level where he was temporarily stalled by Captain America. Being extremely generous, he was lowered to such a point where the 8-A Captain America was able to hold him at least for awhile. He also uses hax way too late into battles while Ainz usually opens with Grasp Heart, aka Instant Death.

"Probably in second movie he bring back all of people he killed in first movie, or something."

I saw in an interview somewhere that this is almost definitely not going to happen. I only wish.

Thanos is not all too fast a fuhk boi, I saw infinity war a couple days ago he throws hands with the hulk looking like a normal boxing match xD and thor one shots thanos with no odin force? lul I thought thanos was omniscient in his universe with the infinity gauntlet yet he didn't see thor coming? who might I add thunder clapped in (no stealth mode) and everyone loudly chearing to his return who then goes around blowing up the battlefield with electricity... kinda got the feeling thanos don't have all to great reaction times or overall speed in the movie plus thor could barely tank a dying mini star for a few seconds meaning mcu thanos is anywhere from planet level-dwarf star level rofl he actually had to get serious against iron man and stark made him bleed where as ainz creates a black hole in the first episode of season 1... : o no hate tho dawg just came back from watching season 3 episode 8

superman is only 4b yet can escape a double black hole +could chill in a field that simulated a large black hole without destroying anything on earth as stated on his wiki ainz 6c first episode not much of a big power gap especially if he was that powerful by the first episode of the first season season 3 episode 8 he confirms he is infact trying to get stronger as well, how is it not comparable to a real black hole if it absorbs light and his enemies in a virtual reality game world in a anime u could say since its his spell its his rules obviously he wont eat the planet and himself Thanos couldn't kill anyone until he got every last infinity stone and even then all he was doing was pushing peeps until he got slain by a one eyed thor so ur saying hes all bout that mach 46 hand clenching dood spider man stark were putting work on thanos big time spiderman legit practically stole the infinity gauntlet with 4 stones he had at that moment I believe spooderman is probably the most fodder in fiction no one shots no mach 46+ yet he dihkeddown thanos with a bunch of other fodder characters which last I checked sound barrier is 700 mph none of the heroes there who almost stole the gauntlet would even be half that speed yet thanos is high hypersonic wut?

u didn't even try to read what I typed xD 30 second response add ,'s where applicable if it suits u not everyone is a grammar nazi

>Thanos couldn't kill anyone until he got every last infinity stone

He kill Loki, isn't he? Tbh his uncompleted gloves not the main reason why he didn't kill people on the whim.

Okay, well, you'll have to completely remove all the previous votes since it was assuming speed unequal.

Since speed is equal and both is bloodlusted, Ainz instant time stops (Gonna need a citation on the Time stone giving Time stop resistance, I mean Hit doesn't get timestop resistance and he timestops too) and chains it into instant death so that the moment timestop ends, Thanos dies. Or assuming Ainz could, chain timestop into greater break item to just remove Thanos' gauntlet, although he'll much more likely just use instant death.

Wait, bloodlusted right? Ainz timestops and walks near Thanos who dies instantly due to Despair Aura Level 5. Bloodlusted Ainz also means World Items and unrelenting usage of Super Tier magic. Also, lesser known fact, the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown actually buffs the stats of the user so that their spells and such are more potent. Example is it buffing despair Aura to effect even level 100s. Just a thing.

And to those people who say "Despair aura level 5 isn't in character!", well, Bloodlusted Ainz is already out of character.

I'm not disagreeing that ainz stomps in a speed equalized match ( remove this match already)

But ainz still does not have his WCI other than the one he's already with, which is unknown so can't be used.

"But ainz still does not have his WCI other than the one he's already with, which is unknown so can't be used."

Nothing prevents Ainz from just teleporting to Nazarick tho? If he's away from the battle for like 5 minutes, it won't count as a BFR. Bloodlusted means he'll do absolutely everything to kill Thanos, which would involve using all his World Class Items. ALSO also, nothing stops weapons with the "Unknown" tier being used in tiered matches, or else we'd have to restrict stuff like reality warping due to us not knowing the extent of their power so therefore we can't use it.

Akreious said:
"But ainz still does not have his WCI other than the one he's already with, which is unknown so can't be used."
Nothing prevents Ainz from just teleporting to Nazarick tho? If he's away from the battle for like 5 minutes, it won't count as a BFR. Bloodlusted means he'll do absolutely everything to kill Thanos, which would involve using all his World Class Items. ALSO also, nothing stops weapons with the "Unknown" tier being used in tiered matches, or else we'd have to restrict stuff like reality warping due to us not knowing the extent of their power so therefore we can't use it.
It's not about the weapon being in the "Unknown" tier, it's about the WCI being unknown and literally no statements about what it can do.

Nazarick is not present in this debate because it takes place in space, and OP has not specified which world they are in.

Yobobojojo said:
Pretty sure WCI have actual 5-B statements somewhere
One of the twenty has a WCI statement. I was referring to Ainz's unknown WCI that he carries with him, it's nonsensical to say "Ainz uses WCI" when we don't even know what the WCI does.

EDIT: Just remembered the novel stated it was effective against dragons, mb, but Thanos is not a dragon regardless.

I was just saying he can use World Class Items, as in the one we know along with his staff. Plus we can surmise that their effects are at least >Super Tier Magic so it's not too much to say "It's at least stronger than X effect". Not... what you said. xD

Why is this still going on. Fine you know who wins Thor. Why can't we just wait for the 2nd movie and see the plot armor on the humans till the very end where a dog bites his infinity gauntlet off or something.

That's enough votes for Ainz, I guess. Can somebody add this to his Notable Victories list please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back