• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I guess I’ll start with the good then

- Wanda is arguably the best character in the film, a terrible person but a good character and I liked how her arc was ended
-the horror and thriller stuff was pretty cool especially for Wanda.
-the creativity for the multivrese jump was great
-Wanda was actually a villain and the movie didn’t try to gloss over it(like a certain show)
-the fights were decent and I liked the gore and blood. Really starting to push the ratings

now the bad

-logic, if you start to critical think about scenes or some of the plot in general then things start to fall apart. Like stranger’s powers for example, when strange fights the tentacle monster at the beginning of the film he has so many options to the end the fight quicker and safer(mirror dimension, sling ring, clones,infinite bfr, buzzsaw, soul punch) and he just doesn’t. This is something that happens repeatedly throughout the movie and not just to Strange but Wanda to and it is so annoying. It kinda takes me out of the film

- why didn’t strange call the avengers? Seriously, like this was an endgame plus lvl event and he never tries to call a single avengers or guardian or something.

-chavez was kinda mid, she wasn’t a terrible character or anything. She definitely has the potential to be a great character but with the film having an extremely fast pace she kinda gets overshadow and is manly used as a plot device. She dose get a little showing of her backstory and her distrust of strange but that’s about it.

-what were those creatures that worship Wanda? Like I get there’s a lot in the film but there couldn’t be a slight lore drop of dialogue or something on this things? They even seem to have some chaos energy but that’s kinda just glossed over
Edit
-why dosen’t strange teach Wanda how to use a sling ring or something? Sorry but the plot of the movie is kinda dump when you think about the fact a regular sling ring can also travel throughout the multivrese and other dimensions in the mcu and the fact strange and Wanda could have found a perfect universe were her boys were abandon or something and she could have just adopted them and call it a day just makes the movie seem a bit dumber.

Overall the movie wasn’t bad but it wasn’t particularly good either it was more in the middle for me

Last edited:

- Wanda is arguably the best character in the film, a terrible person but a good character and I liked how her arc was ended
-the horror and thriller stuff was pretty cool especially for Wanda.
-the creativity for the multivrese jump was great
-Wanda was actually a villain and the movie didn’t try to gloss over it(like a certain show)
-the fights were decent and I liked the gore and blood. Really starting to push the ratings

now the bad

-logic, if you start to critical think about scenes or some of the plot in general then things start to fall apart. Like stranger’s powers for example, when strange fights the tentacle monster at the beginning of the film he has so many options to the end the fight quicker and safer(mirror dimension, sling ring, clones,infinite bfr, buzzsaw, soul punch) and he just doesn’t. This is something that happens repeatedly throughout the movie and not just to Strange but Wanda to and it is so annoying. It kinda takes me out of the film

- why didn’t strange call the avengers? Seriously, like this was an endgame plus lvl event and he never tries to call a single avengers or guardian or something.

-chavez was kinda mid, she wasn’t a terrible character or anything. She definitely has the potential to be a great character but with the film having an extremely fast pace she kinda gets overshadow and is manly used as a plot device. She dose get a little showing of her backstory and her distrust of strange but that’s about it.

-what were those creatures that worship Wanda? Like I get there’s a lot in the film but there couldn’t be a slight lore drop of dialogue or something on this things? They even seem to have some chaos energy but that’s kinda just glossed over

Overall the movie wasn’t bad but it wasn’t particularly good either it was more in the middle for me
We have an MoM spoiler thread https://vsbattles.com/threads/doctor-strange-multiverse-of-madness-spoilers-inbound.135605/

Because they’d all be dead in seconds? Wtf are any of them going against a reality warping witch who’s batshit insane? Also I’m pretty sure he probably has some trust issues after the whole NWH fiasco.

Because they’d all be dead in seconds? Wtf are any of them going against a reality warping witch who’s batshit insane? Also I’m pretty sure he probably has some trust issues after the whole NWH fiasco.
they wouldn’t if they actually used the mirror dimension more or just have strange pull a new ability out of his ass since he probably learns a new spell everyday or just don’t make her that powerful to begin with

Edit
-why dosen’t strange teach Wanda how to use a sling ring or something? Sorry but the plot of the movie is kinda dump when you think about the fact a regular sling ring can also travel throughout the multivrese and other dimensions in the mcu and the fact strange and Wanda could have found a perfect universe were her boys were abandon or something and she could have just adopted them and call it a day just makes the movie seem a bit dumber.

1)The way Strange uses his powers throughout all the films has never been consistent, we see a lot of times in Endgame and Infinity War that he could have ended conflicts with a couple of those powers but doesn't, is more of a general issue with his than something particular of the film. Same with Wanda.

I also doubt a lot of those abilities would have been useful with that first monster, wtf a buzzsaw and clones are going to do against a beast that is able to break through multiple restrains of his magic lmao?

2) Strange literally states that between the Bowman with the mohawk and the various animal/bug themed heros Wanda was the best choice for the problem due her connection with Chaos Magic.

And even after he discovered she was the problem, he wouldn't call the avengers for the same reason, none of them have the same level of experience against magical threats. Most of them are just normal humans with a bit of advanced tech. They would all have faired less than the illuminati and the sorcerers.

Is also not a world ending threat, the entire plot of the movie is Wanda chasing a kid to steal her powers to search her children, there is not a global problem but one that is more personal.

4) They are just Darkhold creatures, they are of not importance at this point of the film

5) Because is pretty clear that the Sling Rings don't allow you to travel through the multiverse? The main conflict of the film wouldn't work at all and the movie likely wouldn't even exist. Whatever concept of the Sling Rings in the first Doctor Strange has either been retconed for this movie's purpose or just never existed as we think.

1)The way Strange uses his powers throughout all the films has never been consistent, we see a lot of times in Endgame and Infinity War that he could have ended conflicts with a couple of those powers but doesn't, is more of a general issue with his than something particular of the film. Same with Wanda.

I also doubt a lot of those abilities would have been useful with that first monster, wtf a buzzsaw and clones are going to do against a beast that is able to break through multiple restrains of his magic lmao?

2) Strange literally states that between the Bowman with the mohawk and the various animal/bug themed heros Wanda was the best choice for the problem due her connection with Chaos Magic.

And even after he discovered she was the problem, he wouldn't call the avengers for the same reason, none of them have the same level of experience against magical threats. Most of them are just normal humans with a bit of advanced tech. They would all have faired less than the illuminati and the sorcerers.

Is also not a world ending threat, the entire plot of the movie is Wanda chasing a kid to steal her powers to search her children, there is not a global problem but one that is more personal.

4) They are just Darkhold creatures, they are of not importance at this point of the film

5) Because is pretty clear that the Sling Rings don't allow you to travel through the multiverse? The main conflict of the film wouldn't work at all and the movie likely wouldn't even exist. Whatever concept of the Sling Rings in the first Doctor Strange has either been retconed for this movie's purpose or just never existed as we think.
1.to a degree yes, in his fight with cull and maw he was just being dumb but on the titan fight he actually used his powers and had the excuse of the whole “one chance” thing. Endgame he was busy with the flood for the majority of the fight. Regardless it’s still a negative.
The beast tentacle got chopped off with a piece of metal from a bus lol. Strange should be able to slice that thing in half with ease. The clones would absolutely be useful considering they were able to restrain thanos and forced him to use the stones. I fail to see how breaking through on thing of strangers magic is supposed to equate to breaking through a group.

2. I’m talking about dealing with Wanda lol. There’s no reason why he should have called the avengers to help neutralize her.

so? Should black panther and the wakanda’s not have helped in infinity war because they hadn’t fought aliens before? Just because they don’t have a lot of experience with magic doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have been involved. Especially when they have already seen what they can do and could have been updated with westview info.and only like two or three avengers are regular humans with tech. Everyone else is straight up superhuman

Expect it kinda is, Wanda is a thanos+ lvl being that can wrap reailty with a thought and has effectively gone insane and is chasing after a child that can jump from universe to universe. That is absolutely a global problem

3.eh, fair enough there

4. expect they can

(0:14)
Then they shouldn’t make movies/stories we’re they have ignore or completely retcon in-universe things. Especially ones that are in the mythos of the main character in the film.

The sling rings "retcon" can easily be explained as a range issue. 2016 MCU multiverse was inside a single timeline. Post loki multiverse is far bigger.
That’s not a multivrese, that’s a single universe with a single timeline. Plus I’d think since Sylvia freed the multivrese outside of time that would mean that the existence and traveling ability(of anyone who possessed it) of the multiverse would be accessible all at once throughout time seeing as Chavez accidentally sent her parents to another universe at a young age and strange could see alt timelines in infinity war

That’s not a multivrese, that’s a single universe with a single timeline.
As shown by Loki and dr strange the scared timeline contained multiple universes not just a single one.
Plus I’d think since Sylvia freed the multivrese outside of time
This isn't what happened, we see the scared timeline itself branching out not the outside. Sylvie gave the scared timeline complete free will and the ability to make choices that were previously restricted by the TVA, that would have led to universes creating a Kang variant.

As shown by Loki and dr strange the scared timeline contained multiple universes not just a single one.

This isn't what happened, we see the scared timeline itself branching out not the outside. Sylvie gave the scared timeline complete free will and the ability to make choices that were previously restricted by the TVA, that would have led to universes creating a Kang variant.
No there was litterly just one timeline and universe, alioth ate the rest to end the multiverse war.

so we agree that there was only one timeline until Sylvia freed it and creating the multivrese

I'm willing to bet that Dormammu's realm is unaffected by the multiverse, as it has no time, as stated when Strange brought the time stone to his realm.

No there was litterly just one timeline and universe, alioth ate the rest to end the multiverse war.

so we agree that there was only one timeline until Sylvia freed it and creating the multivrese
That doesn't make much sense since Dormammu constantly plots to absorb all the infinite realities and dimensions of the multiverse into the Dark Dimension, which is another universe, and he was able to absorb many other "worlds" and dimensions into it. How would Dormammu do that if there is only one universe during the events of the first Doctor Strange film? Besides that Ancient One at that time stated that there are infinite universes in the multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back