• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly late to the thread, but I've pretty much stopped caring about Phase 4. I'm mainly just here for Moon Knight, Spider-Man films, and GotG Vol. 3.
Oh wow I can't say you're the only person ik who feels this way this phase has been pretty mixed for people

Frankly, Phase 4 just starts to stray away from what the movies are legitimately about. Because, a lot of the stuff they put into Phase 4 movies nowadays isn't necessarily bad, in fact it's been done before. It's just overdone now. Case in point, "She's not alone" in Infinity War vs "She's not alone" in Endgame.

It wasn’t anything spectacular, but I liked it. It seems like they’re going in a more goofy route, which is what I would want from She-Hulk.
Although I suppose I didn't really answer the question. It seems pretty nice tbh. It's great to see Blonsky's return considering he was the best part of the Incredible Hulk film, don't @ me. The main thing is She-Hulk's CGI for me...it just...doesn't look as realistic as things we've already seen. And Marvel has done CRAZY realistic things with their face CGI before, which makes She Hulk's especially disappointing.

I wanted to ask a question that has been on my mind for a while now.
If its found out that the MCU is actually the 9th multiverse in marvel comics.
Will that upgrade the cosmology to 1-A?

Yeah, and we haven't seen practical effects a lot with face design, but when they do it, it works pretty well. Like in the OG Avengers post-credits scene where we first saw Thanos in the MCU, his face was like entirely practical and just done through the sheer amount of work make-up artists put in. It isn't necessarily as visually appealing as Josh Brolin's Thanos, but it looks super good tbh.

24tzm072ph241.jpg

And practical effects have evolved even more through the years, it's just that people don't use them because they can use CGI, even when it's not the best decision. Like for example, on CW's The Flash, Grant Gustin (actor of Barry Allen) talked about how originally in the series, they'd have him on a treadmill, and then later down the line, they started just making him run in place. As such, the overall quality of how the running looked in the series (especially with other actors) dropped heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back