• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
270204123-2258602667613549-1350154885194164442-n-6ca4958e344f31bb8cd13c453879fdd5.jpg

There is? That's kinda weird, I always thought she was a well received character for the most part
Maybe I'm following the wrong people on Twitter lmao. I'm confused because she's like the most inoffensive character in the MCU.

All the reasons I've heard are kinda ridiculous, from what I can gather it's either Steve/Bucky shippers, people thinking she's replacing Sam Wilson for some reason, something about her being based off a Nazi in the comics, the funny scene of her shooting at Steve in TFA, or that she knew about shit like the Red Room and Isaiah Bradley and did nothing.

On Iron Fist Season 2 in my complete watch of Netflix Marvel rn. Don't know how I feel about this one. On one hand it's much better written, has more likeable characters and has better pacing (10 episodes instead of 13); but it really seems like the writers basically gave up on Danny Rand as a character, having him rather incompetent and giving the Iron Fist to other characters, which really left a bad taste in my mouth.

279464210-10220787203857160-7682858929162826230-n-2c7c9c500776762c9bd6732477e9d415.jpg

When Siinster Strange vs Regular Strange became too political
Context: "Pilkades" is a short sentence for "pilihan kepala desa" in english = choose your village head
"Dukun" mean Shaman and Ilmu Hitam = Black Magic
Banaspati = A supernatural being that has a very powerful black magic in appearance of flames

So basically: "Choose your Village Head" Gone wrong with a war between the Shamans and Black Magic, threw the supernatural flames against each others

I want Luke Cage to be tbh. The most frustrating part about Season 2 is not having a Season 3 on that ending.

Also Luke Cage Season 2 Episode 10 is the best version of Danny Rand we got.
It's pretty much just Iron Fist that sucks tbh. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Punisher are all good, just that Iron Fist sucks so bad it hurts.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones Season 1 are the ones that are truly great imo, while the others are a mixed bag but with a lot of redeeming qualities.

I know a lot of people, especially Netflix fans who kinda look down on the superhero genre, like The Punisher, but I didn't really vibe with that take on the character that much. I'm not saying that a Punisher show should be 13 episodes of torture **** but Frank hanging up his mantle and then coming back for some revenge plot just doesn't feel like The Punisher to me. It has a lot of thought-provoking and well executed themes on war veterans and what violence does to a man, but before it got into the good stuff the whole military conspiracy was just really boring at least for me.

Was making Jon Bernthal's Punisher more humane a good choice for a 13 episode Netflix show? Probably. I personally just didn't like it. Daredevil Season 2's take on the Punisher is still my favourite.

I would argue that the first four episodes of Daredevil season 2 is, at least to me, the greatest arc of all the Marvel Netflix shows, and I only wish that the rest of the season kept up that level of quality (I'd still rank the season high compared to most other Marvel Netflix seasons, but below Daredevil seasons 1 and 3)

I would argue that the first four episodes of Daredevil season 2 is, at least to me, the greatest arc of all the Marvel Netflix shows, and I only wish that the rest of the season kept up that level of quality (I'd still rank the season high compared to most other Marvel Netflix seasons, but below Daredevil seasons 1 and 3)
If there's one thing good about Season 2 though, it's the most comic booky.

I'm planning to watch MoM on Thursday btw.

On Iron Fist Season 2 in my complete watch of Netflix Marvel rn. Don't know how I feel about this one. On one hand it's much better written, has more likeable characters and has better pacing (10 episodes instead of 13); but it really seems like the writers basically gave up on Danny Rand as a character, having him rather incompetent and giving the Iron Fist to other characters, which really left a bad taste in my mouth.
Just finished it.

It's honestly a miracle that we at least got some closure on Daredevil for a show that was supposed to be continue. There were loose threads but at least it was satisfyingly resolved, unlike Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back