• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lacku

He/Him
Shang-Chi is getting ready to meet up with Katy for another karaoke night when suddenly...

5myaqq.jpg

FIGHT!

(Shang-Chi has The Ten Rings, Danny is 9-B+, has the Iron Fist restricted, and has prior knowledge of The Ten Rings powers and abilities, Speed Equalized)

WHO WINS AND WHY?

You took EVERYTHING from me:

I don't even know who you are:

Iron Fist gets cancelled by Netflix before he can finish the fight:
Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Last edited:
PAIN SHANG HAS NO CALC'S YET😭😭

He'll definitely be stronger and faster than Danny Hand once we get HQ clips that can be used for calc's but in the meantime I'm following

Shang Chi definitely outskills Iron fist here, is more versatile, and has way more range in his attacks

Are we using flow state Danny with the gats or the usual emo one whose emotions keep ******* over his potential? Flow state kinda negs Sean.
I assumed Danny was always emo lol, in all seriousness though what works better for this fight cause I didn't know Danny had a flow state since I haven't watched the show, if you have any clips of the show where hes in that flow that would help too

The only clip (3:15) of the flow state is from S1 where the fights are ass. What makes it good is that Danny Ip Man’s tf out of Scythe back to back with slamming the brothers and the poison chick who are stated to be the Hand’s best fighters (aka > Nobu = DD).

“Flow state” is basically when he accepts that he is the Iron Fist and does away with all those pesky emotions to destroy the Hand (which he does at the end of S2). Madame Gao explains at the end of S1 that Danny’s chi is poisoned by said emotions which basically means he spends all of S1, Defenders and S2 nerfed as hell. Need to explain this so people don’t try and say DD > IF in skill. Emotions cause him to fluctuate from = Scythe > poison chick > brothers Nobu = suit Matt >= Danny at his lowest in Defenders like when he felt they turned on him. Black Sky > the Defenders, Immortal Iron Fist/flow state > Black Sky according to Stick so Danny just scales above all skill feats in the Netflix stuff.

The only clip (3:15) of the flow state is from S1 where the fights are ass. What makes it good is that Danny Ip Man’s tf out of Scythe back to back with slamming the brothers and the poison chick who are stated to be the Hand’s best fighters (aka > Nobu = DD).

“Flow state” is basically when he accepts that he is the Iron Fist and does away with all those pesky emotions to destroy the Hand (which he does at the end of S2). Madame Gao explains at the end of S1 that Danny’s chi is poisoned by said emotions which basically means he spends all of S1, Defenders and S2 nerfed as hell. Need to explain this so people don’t try and say DD > IF in skill. Emotions cause him to fluctuate from = Scythe > poison chick > brothers Nobu = suit Matt >= Danny at his lowest in Defenders like when he felt they turned on him. Black Sky > the Defenders, Immortal Iron Fist/flow state > Black Sky according to Stick so Danny just scales above all skill feats in the Netflix stuff.
Thats interesting, I never knew thats how the scaling for the netflix shows worked, I think to keep things interesting we should have Danny be at his peak mental condition/flow state, but since were doing that should we also let Shang have the Ten Rings or would that eventually make this match up irrelevant since there's no doubt the Rings will be buffed once HQ clips of the movie come out?

Last edited:
Then 10 rings when calc'd will probably take Shang up to around High 8-C or 8-B so he'd absolutely end up stomping and completely having the AP and Durability advantage though it's unknown how long it'll take for any HQ clips to come out that can be used for calc's

Remember shang did this to the dragon right after getting the rings

This is definitely more than anything Iron Fist can do and ig for reference one of those bat things are about the size of human

Just wanna give OP a notice that you can't restrict things that don't give an explicit change in tier. And the Ten Rings don't have different tiering than Shang-Chi (for now :devilish:) so if they're restricted, this match is invalid and can't be added to profiles. Can still get debated tho.

Just wanna give OP a notice that you can't restrict things that don't give an explicit change in tier. And the Ten Rings don't have different tiering than Shang-Chi (for now :devilish:) so if they're restricted, this match is invalid and can't be added to profiles. Can still get debated tho.
Welp in that case I'm voting Shang-Chi
is more versatile, and has way more range in his attacks
Rings also give him lot's of mobility that Iron fist doesn't have

Yeah …. if Danny doesn’t have access to the Iron Fist, Shang would win if he gets the rings. Danny can’t even use the guns to make up for his lack in range since he amps them with his Iron Fist which is 9-A and they are otherwise 9-C.

dang no matter which way you swing it this fight is unfair lol, either shang has the rings and bodies a million miles away or danny bodies with his ap advantage, starting to think maybe we should restart with both in base 🤔

dang no matter which way you swing it this fight is unfair lol, either shang has the rings and bodies a million miles away or danny bodies with his ap advantage, starting to think maybe we should restart with both in base 🤔

I could be wrong still since danny still has wall level durability so if shang got to a good enough distance away from him he could have a chance at winning

Im saying even with the Iron Fist, I don't recall him having an Iron fist gun in the netflix series but I know very well that Danny doesn't have the mobility of Shang nor the versatility even with shockwaves they both can use them offensively but Shang's definitely had more range and his can be used for protection as a forcefield

Im saying even with the Iron Fist, I don't recall him having an Iron fist gun in the netflix series but I know very well that Danny doesn't have the mobility of Shang nor the versatility even with shockwaves they both can use them offensively but Shang's definitely had more range and his can be used for protection as a forcefield
S2 Finale has Danny amping his guns with his Iron Fist chi and altering the path of both bullets to intercept one that was coming for him.

Edit: Included the link and now that I think about it, Danny can amp whatever he wants since Colleen did the same with her katana. Time for Danny to catch and take them rings while amping with IF chi.

S2 Finale has Danny amping his guns with his Iron Fist chi and altering the path of both bullets to intercept one that was coming for him.

Edit: Included the link and now that I think about it, Danny can amp whatever he wants since Colleen did the same with her katana. Time for Danny to catch and take them rings while amping with IF chi.
Lmao wtf Iron Fist has to be really forgetable because I don't remember any of what you just said😭

I know were not allowing him to have guns for this thread but I just find it so funny the idea that danny would show up with super powered glocks and a hoodie to shangs apartment at 3am

Necro but I was about to make this. Iron Fist scales to 9-B+ now but since Shang-Chi scales above Black Widow this fight still works I believe? Just that people probably need to revote with consideration of the AP difference.

Necro but I was about to make this. Iron Fist scales to 9-B+ now but since Shang-Chi scales above Black Widow this fight still works I believe? Just that people probably need to revote with consideration of the AP difference.
Damn I didn't notice that Shang-Chis upgrades got applied yesterday, should we still use the Ten Rings for this match up?

I think so. The AP gap would only be 2.5x in Danny's favour so there's no need to restrict Danny's likely rating.

About the skill argument though. Should we consider Shang-Chi actually canonically more skilled since Danny's poor fighting seems to be due to poor choreography? In canon he's supposed to have trained in martial arts for most of his life.

I think so. The AP gap would only be 2.5x in Danny's favour so there's no need to restrict Danny's likely rating.

About the skill argument though. Should we consider Shang-Chi actually canonically more skilled since Danny's poor fighting seems to be due to poor choreography? In canon he's supposed to have trained in martial arts for most of his life.
I guess since the choreography doesn't do him justice, he can compete with the likes of Daredevil and Electra (The only Iron Fist thing Ive watched is Defenders) so that gives him a lot of skill, since in my view Daredevil would be the god tier of martial arts in the MCU

Also should we restrict the Iron Fist or allow it for the match up? Once we've decided on that the match up will officially begin again

Hmmn I don't think the Iron Fist one-shots Shang-Chi, but it might be fairer to restrict it and use post-Season 2 Danny. Although people have been shown to be able to defeat him by avoiding the Iron Fist like Typhoid Mary.

Hmmn I don't think the Iron Fist one-shots Shang-Chi, but it might be fairer to restrict it and use post-Season 2 Danny. Although people have been shown to be able to defeat him by avoiding the Iron Fist like Typhoid Mary.
Just to start up this match up I'll give Shang the Ten Rings but only with their Higher rating and I'll let Danny be 9-B+, but the Iron Fist is restricted. If this ends up being a stomp or unfair in any way I'll change it to both being 9-B but without the Rings or the Iron Fist, until then I think this is interesting.

Back