• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
z198824grhc31.png
This is facts

Ayo got some potential upgrades for the TASM universe if these two timestamps of this clip are possible to calc.

I feel like these should be able to be calculated but I'm not sure what method I'd use, is there a way to calc. electricity explosions or shockwaves?

I'm not sure about the 1st one but i think KE could be used for the 2nd one

Sounds good. I'll want to follow that topic, I'm always up for Spidey pages getting updated. I definitely think that as the top tier of the verse, Electro's tier is likely greater than 9-B
Yeah I always found it weird how even though I'd argue TASM has more flashy feats than the Raimi Trilogy the verse is only Wall level, at least as of now anyways

Umm ayo Feige wtf👀

Feige cryptically teased that,
" whenever a character comes back into the Marvel sandbox, it becomes another tool in the storytelling ability of the MCU. As I said before, the good news is, all will be revealed when people finally watch."

Psuedo-confirming or at the very least nodding to other Netflix Marvel shows being canon(hopefully not Iron fist)

That's the monkey's paw of this agreement, he's gotta be remembered too : (
Easy Shang-Chi has a run in with The Immortal Iron Fist in the new movie being made whose introduced as an entirely new version of Danny Rand whose actually cool as hell and has a reconned version and personality and history fighting the hand alongside these other Heroes

Obviously it could be done leagues better but they can write him out or rewrite his character and where he's gone😣

I think they can soft reboot Iron Fist while still keeping the show canon. They wouldn't need to directly reference much from the series, considering the MCU's timeline putting most current shows and movies as taking place around 2024, about 7 years after when Iron Fist season 2 was set, and I don't think it would be particularly difficult to avoid contradicting those events.

Just give Finn Jones enough time to prepare for the role, better material to work with, and an actual costume this time, and they'll be off to a solid start. Out of characters the show introduced, I also think it would be a waste not to bring back Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing and Alice Eve as Mary Walker. Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum and Sacha Dhawan as Davos would also be nice to see again in the future.

Just give Finn Jones enough time to prepare for the role, better material to work with, and an actual costume this time, and they'll be off to a solid start. Out of characters the show introduced, I also think it would be a waste not to bring back Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing and Alice Eve as Mary Walker. Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum and Sacha Dhawan as Davos would also be nice to see again in the future
That could work but still I feel like we can do away with the whole Iron Fist gun stuff and all the extra goofy stuff that was unneeded

I think they can soft reboot Iron Fist while still keeping the show canon. They wouldn't need to directly reference much from the series, considering the MCU's timeline putting most current shows and movies as taking place around 2024, about 7 years after when Iron Fist season 2 was set, and I don't think it would be particularly difficult to avoid contradicting those events.

Just give Finn Jones enough time to prepare for the role, better material to work with, and an actual costume this time, and they'll be off to a solid start. Out of characters the show introduced, I also think it would be a waste not to bring back Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing and Alice Eve as Mary Walker. Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum and Sacha Dhawan as Davos would also be nice to see again in the future.
If they could erase the Netflix series and the Defender altogether, that would be good

Damm, is his run good?
All of the stories that are adaptations of original comic stories? They're great. They utilize classic villains in new stories that work pretty well for me. The manga even remembers a really obscure ability Spidey has, which is being able to focus all of his strength into certain areas of the body.

After that though, it dips in quality hard. All of the stories become needlessly edgy (most involve strings of sexual assaults) and less interesting. Marvel stopped giving it official translations over time as they also weren't fans of these themes being connected to their flagship character.

Overall, I would've loved it if the manga was more consistent with its earlier stories.

Last edited:
All of the stories that are adaptations of original comic stories? They're great. They utilize classic villains in new stories that work pretty well for me. The manga even remembers a really obscure ability Spidey has, which is being able to focus all of his strength into certain areas of the body.

After that though, it dips in quality hard. All of the stories become needlessly edgy (most involve strings of sexual assaults) and less interesting. Marvel stopped giving it official translations over time as they also weren't fans of these themes being connected to their flagship character.

Overall, I would've loved it if the manga was more consistent with its earlier stories.
Hmm ok, I might consider looking at after ai get to reading ultimate Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back