• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is undeniable facts there's plenty of Spider-Man to go around

Basically in nutshell:
freak-out.gif

Still trying to look for useful information on magic feats for sorcerers.

The Masters of the Mystic Arts specifically use Eldritch magic, which is light-based, producing sparks and energy, and uses a fiery yellow/orange colour palette throughout.

Eldritch magic energy is drawn from other dimensions of the multiverse to cast spells, and to conjure shields and weapons (1:58)

Items such as Sling Rings and relics are imbued with magic that is too powerful to sustain by sorcerers normally, allowing them to withstand the strain.

So the magic used by sorcerers generally seems to come from the same source, just shaped and conjured in different forms. I don't think it will get any speed upgrades despite being light-based, as it doesn't really seem to show many properties of light. While I think it is very probable that closing portals from the likes of Wong can be 6-C for cutting off Cull Obsidian's hand (but low enough in the tier that Thanos would be capable of withstanding it through sheer durability), the fact that portals can only be used with a Sling Ring leads me to believe it would not scale to regular magic attacks from Wong and sorcerers on his level if they can't safely channel the levels of power that are imbued in magical objects.

I'll have to see if I can find anything else that could be useful. It has been a confusing process so far.

The Masters of the Mystic Arts specifically use Eldritch magic, which is light-based, producing sparks and energy, and uses a fiery yellow/orange colour palette throughout.

Eldritch magic energy is drawn from other dimensions of the multiverse to cast spells, and to conjure shields and weapons (1:58)

Items such as Sling Rings and relics are imbued with magic that is too powerful to sustain by sorcerers normally, allowing them to withstand the strain.

So the magic used by sorcerers generally seems to come from the same source, just shaped and conjured in different forms. I don't think it will get any speed upgrades despite being light-based, as it doesn't really seem to show many properties of light. While I think it is very probable that closing portals from the likes of Wong can be 6-C for cutting off Cull Obsidian's hand (but low enough in the tier that Thanos would be capable of withstanding it through sheer durability), the fact that portals can only be used with a Sling Ring leads me to believe it would not scale to regular magic attacks from Wong and sorcerers on his level if they can't safely channel the levels of power that are imbued in magical objects.

I'll have to see if I can find anything else that could be useful. It has been a confusing process so far.
Looks great

I've only listened to 3 songs from the soundtrack there's like 22 in the google doc. Personally for me I'll save the rest for the movies as well because god from what I've heard this shit will for sure hit different on screen
Don't know about you all but I should be able to watch the movie in its release week (not the opening day, the tickets are almost sold and it will be full of screaming people that will just make things annoying)

Don't know about you all but I should be able to watch the movie in its release week (not the opening day, the tickets are almost sold and it will be full of screaming people that will just make things annoying)
I'm watching it the day after opening day, I managed to get a 4 seats together in the middle of the theater for an IMAX showing of the movie with my friends I see MCU movies with so I lucked out

Honestly I've always envied theatres that just completely pop off when watching an mcu movie, the theatres I go to where I live are usually dead silent for movies, even my audience through the entirety of Endgame was quiet apart from a kid who was talking through the movie, seeing clips on youtube of a whole audience losing their minds over captain america picking up thors hammer or iron man wielding the infinity stones is something I wish I could have experienced

Honestly I've always envied theatres that just completely pop off when watching an mcu movie, the theatres I go to where I live are usually dead silent for movies, even my audience through the entirety of Endgame was quiet apart from a kid who was talking through the movie, seeing clips on youtube of a whole audience losing their minds over captain america picking up thors hammer or iron man wielding the infinity stones is something I wish I could have experienced
Same I personally love when everyone gets ******* hype in theaters when I saw Endgame I had a group of like 10 friends with me who were all getting hype along with the entire theater which is an experience I'll never forget, there were some triumphant cheers I've never experienced in a theater like that before.

It's ofc in moderation though what made the experience the best for me is that hype was still universally properly contained when it needed to be like the theater could cheer out but immediately quiet down as soon as it called for it so no one missed anything which makes for the best experience for something that's a big event like endgame and how Spider-Man will be

It's ofc in moderation though what made the experience the best for me is that hype was still universally properly contained when it needed to be like the theater could cheer out but immediately quiet down as soon as it called for it so no one missed anything which makes for the best experience for something that's a big event like endgame and how Spider-Man will be
Yeh thats the ideal situation, sadly I know that where I live my theatre is definitely gonna be quiet the whole time

Yeh thats the ideal situation, sadly I know that where I live my theatre is definitely gonna be quiet the whole time
I'm going to a different theater than the one I usually go to with my group so idk how it'll be, we had to switch it up for this because our usual theater doesn't have IMAX and we wanted to go all out for Spider-Man so hopefully it's not entirely dead.

Also there are two other theater experiences I've had where the audience collectively cheered out at hype shit those being Infinity War ofc and Dragon Ball Super Broly but still none were on the level of Endgame but both still also were good experiences of their own

I like it to but only to a certain degree. I still want to be able to listen to the movie so having a room full of people constantly screaming and jumping around is not a good thing (and yes, I've already experienced that, at the time I went to watch Revenge of the Sith two times and the second time was completely wasted by such people). It's good to have this stuff on a certain level (I got it for IW and it was great) but best to avoid excess

I'm going to a different theater than the one I usually go to with my group so idk how it'll be, we had to switch it up for this because our usual theater doesn't have IMAX and we wanted to go all out for Spider-Man so hopefully it's not entirely dead.

Also there are two other theater experiences I've had where the audience collectively cheered out at hype shit those being Infinity War ofc and Dragon Ball Super Broly but still none were on the level of Endgame but both still also were good experiences of their own
Actually now that you mention DBS: Broly I had to travel 3 hours with a friend and my dad to go see that and being honest seeing that movie was one of the best movie experiences I've had, I wouldn't say the theatre I was in was Endgame levels of hype but you could definitely feel the energy that was there, It's a shame too because I've lost touch with the friend I saw Broly with

Actually now that you mention DBS: Broly I had to travel 3 hours with a friend and my dad to go see that and being honest seeing that movie was one of the best movie experiences I've had, I wouldn't say the theatre I was in was Endgame levels of hype but you could definitely feel the energy that was there, It's a shame too because I've lost touch with the friend I saw Broly with
Yeah the collective hype during Broly is still something to remember and appreciate it was well worth the watch in theaters but that's an unfortunate thing with losing touch w the friend here's a hug🤗
Aight I can't take it anymore I'm listening to it lmao
oh my god this is flames
Indeed it is I said so earlier 😤😤😁
there's also a new Toby theme and it's amazing

Yeah the collective hype during Broly is still something to remember and appreciate it was well worth the watch in theaters but that's an unfortunate thing with losing touch w the friend here's a hug🤗
Aw thanks man I should really get back in touch with them
there's also a new Toby theme and it's amazing
I won't listen to anymore of the ost but I am so hyped to hear that when the movie comes out

This looks very nice so far.

I mean, wasn't the Netflix series violent enough? I'm all for the return, as long as they respect the source material. As much as I want to see Punisher and Spider-Man together, it would be difficult not to have to keep it kid friendly.
I prefer the Punish alone and not kid friendly AT ALL than having the Punisher with other heroes and makes him kid friendly, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back