• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find it ridiculous that the soul stone is promoted as the most important and special of the infinity stones requiring a sacrifice to obtain unlike the others and was needed in order to work the infinity crusher yet it's the one stone that has visually shown the least impressive abilities. If anything the Time stone has consistently shown to be the best out of 6 stones.

All of the stories that are adaptations of original comic stories? They're great. They utilize classic villains in new stories that work pretty well for me. The manga even remembers a really obscure ability Spidey has, which is being able to focus all of his strength into certain areas of the body.

After that though, it dips in quality hard. All of the stories become needlessly edgy (most involve strings of sexual assaults) and less interesting. Marvel stopped giving it official translations over time as they also weren't fans of these themes being connected to their flagship character.

Overall, I would've loved it if the manga was more consistent with its earlier stories.
Proof that only Takuya Spider Man is the best

I still find it ridiculous that the soul stone is promoted as the most important and special of the infinity stones requiring a sacrifice to obtain unlike the others and was needed in order to work the infinity crusher yet it's the one stone that has visually shown the least impressive abilities. If anything the Time stone has consistently shown to be the best out of 6 stones.
Yep, definitely. And yet it could be THE most interesting Stone in terms of hax and potential

Pretty good, would have been a great way to end off the franchise but we both know that couldn’t happen cough dark phoniex cough
That's good glad to hear you liked it and I agree though I could be swayed had Dark Phoenix actually been good and in some way tied into the future presented in Logan but it unfortunately was a mess

My problem with the movie was honestly that I felt nothing watching it. The only good things I found in it were Dazzler being a cameo, Magneto using his powers and Scott's laser beams being much better here. The rest, I felt nothing. No excitement, no real anger, not even disappointment. The one moment I facepalmed myself was with that Raven line about X-Women (that was...pathetic, no painful). Apocalypse is much more funny and exicting honestly

Last edited:
Also unless I'm missing something they seemed to have retconned the Phoenix force in Dark Phoenix. In X-men apocalypse it's clearly shown Jean has the Phoenix within her when she let's her powers loose on Apocalypse (We even see fire and wings) yet Dark Phoenix makes it seem like she absorbed the Phoenix force during the space rescue mission.
Oh yeah, totally. For some reason, Jean seemed to have the PF in her already to kill Apocalypse but apparently she didn't

Idk if we need a third I'll be real. That might be too much
Agreed everyone's already sold on the movie with what we've already gotten and it's had the highest pre-sales since endgame so it doesn't necessarily need another trailer to build hype especially not one with more footage

I'm hoping that it won't be too long before we know which pre-Disney+ shows are confirmed to be canon. So far, we have the Story of Marvel Studios book referring to the Agent Carter series as canon, and it's looking increasingly likely that the Netflix shows will be treated as canon as well. I'm not sure if any other shows will have their canon status directly addressed, or if that topic will continue to be danced around for some of them.

At least some of the information compiled and mentioned in this thread might prove useful for a blog or something in the future once we get a bit more clarified. As a note, while that thread doesn't mention it, the Avengers Campus theme park isn't canon to the main MCU timeline, however, it is apparently meant to be part of a divergent timeline where the Snap never happened, and has "a shared history with the films."

Imagine if Marvel said that the Inhumans Series was Canon
I would be surprised if Marvel ever specifically confirmed that series as canon, but I also get the feeling they aren't going to do anything to contradict it either. At the very least, there doesn't seem to be any indication that Inhumans will be involved in the Ms. Marvel series, and considering that the changes being made to Kamala's powers, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel is going out of their way to simply not use Inhumans characters (at least not anytime soon). They won't even use Hawaii as a setting anymore after having Inhumans take place there.

Dunno if somebody posted this before but there's new footage showing a hooded green goblin
unknown.png

I'm hoping that it won't be too long before we know which pre-Disney+ shows are confirmed to be canon. So far, we have the Story of Marvel Studios book referring to the Agent Carter series as canon, and it's looking increasingly likely that the Netflix shows will be treated as canon as well. I'm not sure if any other shows will have their canon status directly addressed, or if that topic will continue to be danced around for some of them.

At least some of the information compiled and mentioned in this thread might prove useful for a blog or something in the future once we get a bit more clarified. As a note, while that thread doesn't mention it, the Avengers Campus theme park isn't canon to the main MCU timeline, however, it is apparently meant to be part of a divergent timeline where the Snap never happened, and has "a shared history with the films."
Avengers Campus Taskmaster was able to match Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back