• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lwsjiaskslsksoendidndid repeating myself again Druig was lasered while under Uni-mind as the focal point of the energy and already absorbed some which means we can't use that instance to scale his dura since he already was actively getting buffed with more energy however phastos was lasered earlier on the ship when he completed his invention which is why we can solidly use phastos as a means to scale the thinkers
Do you have the scene of this because I can’t remember for the life of me

Not MCU related but it's Keanu Reeves and he has a place in everyone's life🙏😌

Ah Keanu. Sometimes he's really bad (Dracula and Constantine), sometimes just ininteresting (The Matrix...YES I DON'T LIKE THE MATRIX) and sometimes he's absolutely perfect (John Wick and Spongebob) in his acting but he's an exceptional human being anyway

....I WANT HIM AS REVAN IN STAR WARS

Ah Keanu. Sometimes he's really bad (Dracula and Constantine), sometimes just ininteresting (The Matrix...YES I DON'T LIKE THE MATRIX) and sometimes he's absolutely perfect (John Wick and Spongebob) in his acting but he's an exceptional human being anyway

....I WANT HIM AS REVAN IN STAR WARS

Oop I guess he's MCU related now lol

That's still not the point and besides we also have a 6-B calc for Ikaris that is in the waters with other calc's in the 6-B discussion thread and there's also an ongoing thread about crossover scaling that could benefit the ratings, just publishing a profile because we have a sorta baseline isn't enough
I'm pretty sure crossover scaling was thrown out the window.

But yeah, the profile should've been posted here first before posting

I'm pretty sure crossover scaling was thrown out the window
No there's a thread going on addressing a new change to cross scaling and making it more lenient than what it is which is why I'm saying it's best to wait for those who wanted to use that game and lore

So once no way home comes out how are the characters gonna appear on the verse page? Are they gonna appear in the alternate timeline characters section? Because maybe a new section could be added for these kinds of crossover characters, not something very important i just think i'd be neat

No there's a thread going on addressing a new change to cross scaling and making it more lenient than what it is which is why I'm saying it's best to wait for those who wanted to use that game and lore
The thread going on is not about cross scaling at all. It's about the creation of crossover profiles such as Sephiroth getting a smash profile for example. Has nothing to do with cross scaling from a 3rd party, licensed mobile game to the marvel cinematic universe. Using MCOC to cross scale between comics and MCU is wack, creates problems, sounds pretty stupid, and just should not be done.

The thread going on is not about cross scaling at all. It's about the creation of crossover profiles such as Sephiroth getting a smash profile for example. Has nothing to do with cross scaling from a 3rd party, licensed mobile game to the marvel cinematic universe. Using MCOC to cross scale between comics and MCU is wack, creates problems, sounds pretty stupid, and just should not be done.
Ah okay thanks for clearing that up I just knew it was about making cross scaling more lenient or rather addressing it's strictness and trying to change it in some way but I didn't know it was just for new profiles for crossover characters

That's still not the point and besides we also have a 6-B calc for Ikaris that is in the waters with other calc's in the 6-B discussion thread and there's also an ongoing thread about crossover scaling that could benefit the ratings, just publishing a profile because we have a sorta baseline isn't enough
We actually discussed that. We all decided Ikaris would be At least 6-C while Thena and Makkari would be 6-C only.

Dalesan who's here to bring some amount of hope
Lol unfortunately it's really open ended since it's a calc based off narrative. Phantom and I discussed it I'll send the exact conversation about it below, the only real support for it being moreso confirmed narrative wise as Ikaris's plan unfortunately is the feat from that mobile game which had actual WoG confirmation of being a canon representation of MCU Ikaris

The conversation was a little length so I'll just spoiler tag it
Proxy to the conversation - Ikaris surviving the emergence on his own yields 6-B results

The actual talk

Phantom - "Question. Just came out of watching The Eternals. Pretty sure they said they survive the Planetary destruction by connecting to the celestial and it makes much more sense since tha ball thing was originally meant to connect them to the Clestials not to each other. So why would they scale?"

Me - "Nah that's how they survived before recall Ikaris was going to allow the emergence to happen on his own, he himself doesn't have the orb to perform the Uni-Mind so I doubt he was considering that an option and he also wanted to continue the work of the Celestial's on his own so he planned on surviving the blast so it's not necessarily for the other Eternals. Plus the calc'd value for Ikaris surviving is consistent with his showings and only comes out to 6-B"

Phantom - "Yeah. No. That’s jumping to assumptions. We know that he was gonna let it happen, we know that Ikaris knew of the method of survival as he had been told everything, he said he’d see the other eternals in the next planet or if not he was gonna kill them himself.

We never get him saying “Oh will survive this entirely on my own, just stand here as the planet explodes” as there are many possible solutions. One including that he’d just fly away, given that he is clearly fast enough to do so.

Large Island level doesn’t justify Country level off assumptions."

Me - "Eh I agree and disagree he knew the truth of their mission and about the memory wiping however even looking at Ikaris in the film I'm very positive he didn't know that's how they survived planetary explosions before with the celestial link(considering they only found out post Uni-Mind) and he really only saw the orb as a means to communicate with Arishem and was pissed because he wanted it as a mark to show he's the leader that's really all there is there. He didn't get the orb but decided **** it anyways since we clearly saw he was just going to see the emergence through"

Phantom -"Yeah I suppose. Although if we take the implication that he said he’d survive he also said they’d survive. I don’t think this is reliable in this case since again, we don’t know the details of what he was planning on doing or if he was even sure."

Me- "True that's fair enough you could assume that's because they have the ship and could survive by fleeing but that's just an entirely different level of assumptions that I'm not even going to try and get into"

Phantom - "Im not saying they’d do one or the other. I’m saying that we don’t have enough information to actually make a claim. There’s always just the option of not knowing enough to make a claim."

Me - "Oh ik that's what I was saying it'd simply just be up to assumptions of what they could do to survive based off the limited Information we'd have which isn't helpful at all"

Ofc this convo was had before Revan found the stuff from the game which is the only kind of narrative evidence that supports the analysis of Ikaris planning on surviving the blast on his own but it was decided we can't use it to back up the movies implied narrative feat because it comes from a mobile game even if it had some WoG

The conversation was a little length so I'll just spoiler tag it
Proxy to the conversation - Ikaris surviving the emergence on his own yields 6-B results

The actual talk

Phantom - "Question. Just came out of watching The Eternals. Pretty sure they said they survive the Planetary destruction by connecting to the celestial and it makes much more sense since tha ball thing was originally meant to connect them to the Clestials not to each other. So why would they scale?"

Me - "Nah that's how they survived before recall Ikaris was going to allow the emergence to happen on his own, he himself doesn't have the orb to perform the Uni-Mind so I doubt he was considering that an option and he also wanted to continue the work of the Celestial's on his own so he planned on surviving the blast so it's not necessarily for the other Eternals. Plus the calc'd value for Ikaris surviving is consistent with his showings and only comes out to 6-B"

Phantom - "Yeah. No. That’s jumping to assumptions. We know that he was gonna let it happen, we know that Ikaris knew of the method of survival as he had been told everything, he said he’d see the other eternals in the next planet or if not he was gonna kill them himself.

We never get him saying “Oh will survive this entirely on my own, just stand here as the planet explodes” as there are many possible solutions. One including that he’d just fly away, given that he is clearly fast enough to do so.

Large Island level doesn’t justify Country level off assumptions."

Me - "Eh I agree and disagree he knew the truth of their mission and about the memory wiping however even looking at Ikaris in the film I'm very positive he didn't know that's how they survived planetary explosions before with the celestial link(considering they only found out post Uni-Mind) and he really only saw the orb as a means to communicate with Arishem and was pissed because he wanted it as a mark to show he's the leader that's really all there is there. He didn't get the orb but decided **** it anyways since we clearly saw he was just going to see the emergence through"

Phantom -"Yeah I suppose. Although if we take the implication that he said he’d survive he also said they’d survive. I don’t think this is reliable in this case since again, we don’t know the details of what he was planning on doing or if he was even sure."

Me- "True that's fair enough you could assume that's because they have the ship and could survive by fleeing but that's just an entirely different level of assumptions that I'm not even going to try and get into"

Phantom - "Im not saying they’d do one or the other. I’m saying that we don’t have enough information to actually make a claim. There’s always just the option of not knowing enough to make a claim."

Me - "Oh ik that's what I was saying it'd simply just be up to assumptions of what they could do to survive based off the limited Information we'd have which isn't helpful at all"

Ofc this convo was had before Revan found the stuff from the game which is the only kind of narrative evidence that supports the analysis of Ikaris planning on surviving the blast on his own but it was decided we can't use it to back up the movies implied narrative feat because it comes from a mobile game even if it had some WoG
For elaboration too this ofc isn't using the feat from the game it's using the actual movie and emergence calc results from it. The game and WoG was just something that supported the implied narrative of Ikaris's survival of the emergence in the film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back