• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Octopus got Stark's nanotech (Probably).

Electro stole an Arc Reactor.

-------

Vulture was trying to steal Stark Tech, and so was Mysterio.

Man, when I thought they wouldn't pull this crap again they decide to double down on it, figuretively and literally.
I mean, tony did make some nice ass tech so you can’t blame the villains for wanting a little taste

I think is dismissive of their original capabilities.

None of this villains pursued the inventions of a hero that they have little contact with in the comics, minus Green Goblin, because they can do their own things.

raimi trilogy technically part of the mcu now, so its time for some raimi memes
FB_IMG_1637371038417.jpg

I think is dismissive of their original capabilities.

None of this villains pursued the inventions of a hero that they have little contact with in the comics, minus Green Goblin, because they can do their own things.
But that’s the thing…this isn’t the comics. It’s like Fury said: “I Take the World as it is, not as I’d Like it to be.”

you know now that I’m thinking about it, how is doc ock so durable? Like homie get smacked in the face by tobey, falls on a train from the top of a building and shrugs of Tom kicking him in the chest. Like isn’t he just supposed to be a guy with cool tentacle arms?
3kpnjs.png

His body is tougher than most others

you know now that I’m thinking about it, how is doc ock so durable? Like homie get smacked in the face by tobey, falls on a train from the top of a building and shrugs of Tom kicking him in the chest. Like isn’t he just supposed to be a guy with cool tentacle arms?
Oh yeah, I forgot. The guy is technically just a middle-aged scientist without fighting experience yet he takes hits and punches from Spider-Man himself

You shouldn't have done that own we have actual calc's and stuff that need to be applied to the profile now and we're not done discussing ratings in the 6-B discussion thread

And it wasn't that it needed to be started blogs were already made everything was still being discussed tho

You shouldn't have done that own we have actual calc's and stuff that need to be applied to the profile now and we're not done discussing ratings in the 6-B discussion thread

And it wasn't that it needed to be started blogs were already made everything was still being discussed tho
I mean Ikaris is pretty clear. He has his own feat

I mean Ikaris is pretty clear. He has his own feat
That's still not the point and besides we also have a 6-B calc for Ikaris that is in the waters with other calc's in the 6-B discussion thread and there's also an ongoing thread about crossover scaling that could benefit the ratings, just publishing a profile because we have a sorta baseline isn't enough

Just gonna drop NWH thoughts here (apologies if anyone said what I have before)

Still have no idea if the villains are truly originating from the Raimi or TASM universes due to a few factors:
-Sandman and Lizard have very much so not a single reason to fight if you know how their stories ended
-Electro's design and electricity looks different
-Octavius and Goblin are here, despite their outcomes

Octavius is one that personally bugs me given him just being a bad guy stomps on his final moments in Spider-Man 2. I know the trailer frames his role as if he might act as somewhat of an ally for MCU Peter, but it's something that still bothers me. Strange is technically lying about "they all die fighting Spider-Man":
-Sandman and Lizard were never killed
-Goblin killed himself by accident
-Octavius sacrificed himself by choice, preventing Peter from stopping the fission reactor himself

So maybe these are like, slightly altered versions of the Raimi and TASM universes (Loki and What If...? don't rule this out of the possibility) or maybe the writers are just doing whatever they want. It's a little bizarre

I genuinely feel so bad for Andrew Garfield. People won't stop asking him, like guys, come on. Leave the man alone. What sucks especially is that people still won't quiet down regardless of if he's in the movie or not. Andrew's a great actor and person so he deserves respect, regardless of if you want to see the movie or not

Green Goblin when he uses his dollar store equipment and gets his soul erased by Dr. Strange

Octavius is one that personally bugs me given him just being a bad guy stomps on his final moments in Spider-Man 2. I know the trailer frames his role as if he might act as somewhat of an ally for MCU Peter, but it's something that still bothers me. Strange is technically lying about "they all die fighting Spider-Man":
-Sandman and Lizard were never killed
-Goblin killed himself by accident
-Octavius sacrificed himself by choice, preventing Peter from stopping the fission reactor himself
to be fair the goblin did die while fighting spider-man (or i guess after fighting spider-man)

That's still not the point and besides we also have a 6-B calc for Ikaris that is in the waters with other calc's in the 6-B discussion thread and there's also an ongoing thread about crossover scaling that could benefit the ratings, just publishing a profile because we have a sorta baseline isn't enough
So we don't publish the other profiles?

Also, the thinkers definitely get Unknown except Phastos who is 6-C via weaponry?

Octavius is one that personally bugs me given him just being a bad guy stomps on his final moments in Spider-Man 2. I know the trailer frames his role as if he might act as somewhat of an ally for MCU Peter, but it's something that still bothers me
I mean you said it yourself but yeah I'm pretty sure he's just confused in the beginning and that he's not just being a bad guy for the fun of it as we see he clearly works with peter and is even blasted by electro in the trailer so undoubtedly he's an ally after that misunderstanding of the situation is cleared up

I really hope Peter and Octavius get a good amount of interactions here. I'd love to see what could result from that, especially given both still share the similarity of highly notable intellect

So we don't publish the other profiles?

Also, the thinkers definitely get Unknown except Phastos who is 6-C via weaponry?
The thinkers I believe are fine as unknown for now and I thought phastos just used hax on Ikaris I don't remember him harming him and I'd make sure that everything on the profiles is agreed on beforehand but Ikaris's profile definitely should've waited

going by the way otto is talking to his arms in one of the tvspots i think the arms just took control of him again and then he's going to gain control after the bridge fight
Yeah, that's another thing I've gotta make sure not to forget since it's entirely possible. He took control of them at the end of SM2, but they were still shown to be independent thought wise

Yeah, that's another thing I've gotta make sure not to forget since it's entirely possible. He took control of them at the end of SM2, but they were still shown to be independent thought wise
and his chip is still fried, it's entirely possible they could have taken control of him again since he has no permanent way to prevent them from doing so

The thinkers I believe are fine as unknown for now and I thought phastos just used hax on Ikaris I don't remember him harming him and I'd make sure that everything on the profiles is agreed on beforehand but Ikaris's profile definitely should've waited
Ok

For the record, I don't think the armor should be mentionned. Cause honestly, it feels like it's just an aesthetic thing. Really, nothing in the movie indicates in any way their armor makes them more durable so unless we have some clear statement about it, we should just put them at Island level durability even if their AP is Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back