• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, now this is just a theory but, in the first movie, during a flashback, it was shown that Odin battles the Frost Giants who at this time had a weapon called the 'Casket of Ancient Winters' which was stated to have the power to bring the world to a new ice age, meaning it had the power to freeze the entire planet, which would make it Multi-Continental Level https://youtu.be/J01AVlnHjeM?t=40. Odin still won the fight despite them having this weapon and then later put it into his vault as shown in Ragnarok.

This is not an outlier due to the reason that Odin controls the Odinforce which powers the Bifrost which in full power, as stated by Heimdall, could destroy a planet. https://youtu.be/3nF84V7ysE4?t=105, not forget to mention the fact that the Bifrost Bridge itself is made of a material which is able to channel the power of the Bifrost and can only be restored by either the Tesseract or the Odinforce https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WG_KzZTP...t3ucuYk7nK3tGlgDBeHiEnTJi6zBYvcd19SzMsQ=s1600

Hela even states that the Casket of Ancient Winters and the Tesseract is weaker than the Eternal Flame https://youtu.be/HGnIiA7oJvg?t=45, which would mean that Prime Surtur would be stronger than the Casket Of Ancient Winters and the Tesseract and Odin was able to fight him and beat him.

Now, this could put Odin anywhere near Multi-Continental to Planet Level and anyone who scales to him as the same tier.

So any chance of an upgrade?

While most of this seems fine, Hela taking the Eternal Flame instead of the Tesseract might be because the flame is what she needs to revive that zombie Asgard army

It's not related to their power

Dante Demon Killah said:
While most of this seems fine, Hela taking the Eternal Flame instead of the Tesseract might be because the flame is what she needs to revive that zombie Asgard army
It's not related to their power
True, but yet again, both the Odinforce and the Tesseract were the only source powerful enough to restore the Bifrost Bridge meaning they are somewhat comparable in power. And Odin possessing the Odinforce was able to beat Surtur with the Eternal Flame. So this could mean that the Tesseract, Odinforce and Eternal Flame are somewhat comparable in power.

Major question: Wasn't the whole reason Thor got upgraded was that he somewhat was comparable to Hela ? So if this upgrade is applicable doesn't this give the currrnt Low 6Bs quite a big jump in AP ?

Odin said Thor is even stronger than himself, so I think only Thor, Hela and Odin should be upgraded if this get accepted

Thor being stronger than Odin goes against...logic

Odin defeated Surtur in his prime while Hela, who's stronger than Awakened Thor, couldn't do it

Awakened may be stronger than Old Odin or he was talking about Thor potential being higher than his own

Dante Demon Killah said:
Odin defeated Surtur in his prime while Hela, who's stronger than Awakened Thor, couldn't do it

Awakened may be stronger than Old Odin or he was talking about Thor potential being higher than his own
I do think it is Post-Awakened Thor who surpasses Odin, not Ragnarok Thor. Remember that he said that he didn't know how to fully uitilize his power which is why he had Mjolnir, and after getting Stormbreaker let him awaken his full power. You could say that the Awakening he had in Ragnarok was like a sign of his awakening which is why Odin believed that Thor could surpass him.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Major question: Wasn't the whole reason Thor got upgraded was that he somewhat was comparable to Hela ? So if this upgrade is applicable doesn't this give the currrnt Low 6Bs quite a big jump in AP ?
Not really, if anything it only upgrades Awakening Thor, Odin and Prime Surtur, the awakening in Ragnarok was a only a sign of Thor's true power which led Odin to believe that if he is to fully awaken his power, he would surpass Odin. Not forget to mention that Hela litterally got stomped by Prime Surtur showing that she wasn't near Odin's power at all. So if anything, Low 6-B Post Sakaar Thor and High 6-A or 5-B Post-Awakening Thor as well as Odin and Prime Surtur.

M3X said:
Odin said Thor is even stronger than himself, so I think only Thor, Hela and Odin should be upgraded if this get accepted
Odin only said that since he was able to see a sign of Thor's true power, meaning his awakening, that he would eventually surpass Odin, meaning Post Sakaar Thor would still be Low 6-B and Post Awakening Thor would be HIgh 6-A to 5-B as well as Odin and Prime Surtur. The fact that Hela litterally got stomped by Prime Surtur proves that Thor and Hela were nowhere near Odin's level, so it is easy to assume that Odin meant, 'can become more powerful' rather than 'is more powerful'.

Dante Demon Killah said:

Thor in Ragnarok only had a sign of his Awakening, Thor never truly awakened his full power till he got Stormbreaker. The fact that Hela got litterally stomped by Prime Surtur proves that Hela and Thor weren't near Odin's level. So I agree that Odin was talking about Thor's potential since Odin was aware of Thor having a sign of Awakening. This would only put Post-Awakening Thor, Odin and Prime Sutur at High 6-A to potentially 5-B. No upgrades for Hela or Post-Sakaar Thor

I think the last suggestion to upgrade only Post-Awakening Thor, Odin and Prime Surtur to High 6-A makes the most sense here.

The first High 6-A suggestion is wrong.The fact that they have weapons doesn't mean Odin suddenly scales from them,you need more proofs for that.

Didn't Loki use bifrost to destroy Jotunheim ?It can't do that in an instant,it needs time to destory a planet if I am not mistaken.

Dzhindzholia said:
The first High 6-A suggestion is wrong.The fact that they have weapons doesn't mean Odin suddenly scales from them,you need more proofs for that.
Didn't Loki use bifrost to destroy Jotunheim ?It can't do that in an instant,it needs time to destory a planet if I am not mistaken.
Well, it can't do it in an instant, just mere minutes, which is why its High 6-A and not 5-B, also not forget to mention that Odin and Thor both posses the Odinforce which allows them to use the Bifrost without using the Bifrost bridge. As well as the fact that Odin fought Laufey with the Casket Of Ancient Winters, which could freeze an entire planet which is High 6-A, yet all it did to Odin was make him lose his eye. Not forget to mention that the Odinforce controls all of Asgard, not just the Bifrost, so saying that the Bifrost = Odin's AP is actually a lowball since the Bifrost is not using all of the Odinforce. Odin used the Bifrost to send Thor to Earth and back during Avengers and Thor used the Bifrost to travel from Nidavellir to Earth.

Unfocused environmental destruction does not automatically translate into focused attack potency, and we also do not know the specifics of the confrontation between Odin and the Frost Giants.

Antvasima said:
Unfocused environmental destruction does not automatically translate into focused attack potency, and we also do not know the specifics of the confrontation between Odin and the Frost Giants.
The force needed to destroy a planet is 5.944x10^22, even if you say that the entire planet was going to be destroyed in 1 hour by the full force of the Bifrost, which is a lowball, it would be doing a damage of 1.665x10^19 per second which is High 6-A. Not forget to mention that Odin was trying to avoid conflict as much as possible.

Also, we actually do know about the specifics about the confrontation since Odin himself stated that they drove the Frost Giants back to their planet where they took away their source of power. He said that the cost was 'great' meaning millions died during the confrontation and Laufey was the main reason, beating Laufey ended the war as they took away his weapon.

Not forget to mention that the Casket Of Ancient Winters (which can freeze an entire planet) was considered weak in comparison to the Odinforce, Tesseract and the Eternal Flame. So you can scale the Odinforce above that.

Okay. That seems more reasonable then.

You will need to ask all of the staff and experienced active members listed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe page to comment here though.

I'm against the upgrade. The bifrost wasn't showing signs that it was going to blow up the planet to me, as much as destroy its suface. I think Low 6-B fits with everything given to us.

Assuming 1 hour for a 5-B Potency gave us High 6-A right ?

And what happens if we take one hour for a High 6-A feat ? Would be something close to Low 6-B I think ?

I agree with Qaw

The big rosy was only destroying Jotunheim over time (which is reiterated several times in the film)

It would be 6-B if the default assumption for a surface wipe is 300 Petatons.

Do we know that planet's size though? Asgard and Nidavelir are way smaller than Earth, so Jotunheim doesn't have to be as big as Earth, necessarily.

Wait I did my math wrong. Still 6-B then if it happened over an hour.

Qawsedf234 said:
Wait I did my math wrong. Still 6-B then if it happened over an hour.
I feel like there should be seperate calcs for the timeframe. Like one hour for low-end, half an hour for mid-end and 15 minutes for high-end.

Or you could even use the timeframe of the movie, in which the blast of the Bifrost reached Jotunheim in 1:35:00 and stopped in 1:40:00, even Loki stated that he was going to accomplish it before Odin wakes up. Which could be 5-10 minutes. So around 10-15 minutes in total.

I'm not for the upgrade. They just don't have the support for 6-B at the moment in my view.

Yeah, and another prblem is the size of Jotunheim, since both Asgard and Nidavellir are nothing close to Earth

However, Earth is Midgard, a Realm, so I dunno

Qawsedf234 said:
I'm not for the upgrade. They just don't have the support for 6-B at the moment in my view.
What about Odin scaling above the Casket Of Ancient Winters? After taking away their weapon, all of Jotunheim was shown deteriorating from the lack of ice magic, proving that it has the power to keep all of Jotunheim frozen.

Actually, it was going to tear Jotunheim apart and destroy the surface, which is confirmed by a canonical comic. I'm not sure if this ranks anywhere above 6-B when divided by time, however, and it doesn't mean the entire planet will be destroyed.

It's good to have you back. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim. You can't stop it. The Bifrost will build until it rips Jotunheim apart.

Anyway, that's assuming Odin scales to the Bifrost. Which I can't find any evidence of, other than Odin sending Thor to Earth with dark energy. Hell, I can't find any reference to the Odinforce, other than some nebulous comments and maybe an Agents of Shield episode.

ByAsura said:
Actually, it was going to tear Jotunheim apart and destroy the surface, which is confirmed by a canonical comic. I'm not sure if this ranks anywhere above 6-B when divided by time, however, and it doesn't mean the entire planet will be destroyed.
It's good to have you back. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim. You can't stop it. The Bifrost will build until it rips Jotunheim apart.

Anyway, that's assuming Odin scales to the Bifrost. Which I can't find any evidence of.
"With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here?"

Loki litterally said that Odin with dark magic could use the Bifrost in the same way as the Bifrost Bridge could.

No, he said he got him to Earth without the Bifrost. The scan I posted here literally says it's a different method. Also, you'd have to prove he can use it on the same level as the actual Bifrost on Asgard.

I will have to unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message if you reach a consensus. I would recommend asking some staff members interested in the MCU to comment in the meantime.

Back