• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacku

He/Him
With the release of Echo we now have fairly concrete scaling that upgrades the Netflix side of the MCU to 9-A and MHS+. Along with that we have full confirmation that those shows, starting with Daredevil season 1 and ending with Punisher season 2, are all canon and a part of the Sacred Timeline (about time). I'll quickly go over the scaling justifications:

• On her first job for Kingpin in 2021, Maya Lopez is sent to eliminate a rival gang to Fisk's operations. After defeating this rival gang Daredevil ambushes and fights her. In this fight he is very visibly casual and not taking the fight seriously. Additionally he is barely staggered by a kick from Maya's prosthetic leg. In comparison, Maya gets floored more than once by Daredevil's blows. I would like to clarify that I'm saying none of this to downplay Maya, as she's a very formidable fighter in her own right, however, she is shown to be soundly below Daredevil in this flashback, despite putting up a good fight and even being complimented for her performance by Kingpin. Three years later after this encounter, the events of Hawkeye would take place, with Maya being shown to be comparable to the likes of Clint Barton and Yelena Belova, along with withstanding a lot of punishment, such as remaining conscious after being hit by the Widow's Bite, which can momentarily knock out other Widow's and send Ant-Man flying, and pulled it off of her chest. Nothing in the flashbacks after the Daredevil fight scene in Echo suggest that Maya got any stronger physically, though she became a far more experienced criminal. Still there isn't anything to support that there's any difference between her in 2021 and 2024.

• In Hawkeye, Kate Bishop is consistently a stone wall, withstanding sucker punches from Maya Lopez and kicks from Yelena Belova (despite her likely going easy on her in later episodes she would have no reason to hold back in their first encounter on the rooftop). Kingpin, who shows up in the last episode, dominates Kate for the entirety of their fight, and sends her flying backward with some of his blows. All the while Fisk is very casual and comes off as mildly annoyed during the whole encounter. Since he's able to hurt Kate the way he does that means he should at the very least be on the same level of others who can do the same such as Maya Lopez and Yelena Belova.
Both of these fights mean that the entirety of Netflix Marvel have reasoning to be upgraded from mostly being 9-B to 9-A. Characters who were previously 9-B+ (Jessica Jones, Pre-Amp Luke Cage) will now be at least 9-A. Members of the Hand who have taken the Resurrection Elixir will also be getting an upgrade (except Bakuto because he's a jobber), with Nobu now being at least 9-A and Post-Resurrection Elektra being at least 9-A, likely higher. Since she upscales Daredevil massively She-Hulk will also be getting upgraded to at least 9-A, likely higher as her current AP rating is below that of Ant-Man, Yelena Belova and those street level heroes are now scaling to. Along with that since they can keep up with these characters their speed should also be upgraded to Massively Hypersonic+.

Now that I've established why exactly they should scale I've made a sandbox that's linked below featuring most of the major Netflix characters that would be affected by this upgrade. I've also cleaned up and added many missing abilities, justifications and references to a lot of these profiles (Iron Fist has a surprising amount of abilities I never knew about because I am not bothered watching that show lol). A couple of these are complete page reworks too so if I missed anything or should add something feel free to mention:

TL;DR: Netflix Marvel characters should be upgraded to 9-A and MHS+ due to scaling to Echo and Kate Bishop and I've made a sandbox showing how this would be applied if accepted along with a bunch of updates and fixes to pages that need them.

Agree: GFArrow, Excellence616, Dinobot1996, FentyBeauty, LordTracer, Dalesean027, Zeinx1, Shiraito983, Propellus, Revan_Laha

Disagree:

Last edited:
So are people just gonna ignore that Daredevil is in no way comparable to Spider-Man's senses and he only caught the brick first because he was literally closer to it?

So are people just gonna ignore that Daredevil is in no way comparable to Spider-Man's senses and he only caught the brick first because he was literally closer to it?
Tbf Matt's profile already had his enhanced senses scaled to Spider-Man's even before I started work on this CRT. Not too sure when it was added but it's not something that was done here.

Tbf Matt's profile already had his enhanced senses scaled to Spider-Man's even before I started work on this CRT. Not too sure when it was added but it's not something that was done here.
Yeah well the speed scaling to the senses has been rejected in several threads because Matt literally does not scale to Peter's Spider-Sense speed, but I guess people are just ignoring that now

Yeah well the speed scaling to the senses has been rejected in several threads because Matt literally does not scale to Peter's Spider-Sense speed, but I guess people are just ignoring that now
If that's the case I might make a quick CRT to change it back soon. This one took a lot of time and effort so I'm not gonna do it right away but maybe I could throw it in with a speed downgrade thread for low levels in the MCU since them scaling to MHS+ seems to be a bit generous. Them all being Supersonic like they were in the Netflix shows might make more sense.

If that's the case I might make a quick CRT to change it back soon. This one took a lot of time and effort so I'm not gonna do it right away but maybe I could throw it in with a speed downgrade thread for low levels in the MCU since them scaling to MHS+ seems to be a bit generous. Them all being Supersonic like they were in the Netflix shows might make more sense.
Also quick question how many staff votes do I need for a AP CRT to be applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back