• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

We should reword the justifications we've put forth, because Zeus isn't outright stated to be the most powerful being in his city, although it is heavily implied and an easy conclusion to draw

1. Thor implies he's the greatest help they can get, and he's been to the city before and knows a lot about gods so he definitely knows what he's talking about

2. The fact that Zeus is worshipped by the other gods

3. The fact that Zeus has ruled as long as he has seemingly uncontested. Plus, his ruling is based on his raw might

4. The Celestials don't seem to get a reaction out of anyone

We should reword the justifications we've put forth, because Zeus isn't outright stated to be the most powerful being in his city, although it is heavily implied and an easy conclusion to draw

1. Thor implies he's the greatest help they can get, and he's been to the city before and knows a lot about gods so he definitely knows what he's talking about

2. The fact that Zeus is worshipped by other gods

3. The fact that Zeus has ruled as long as he has seemingly uncontested. Plus, his ruling is based on his raw might
Are you sure about that because I remember that there was a specific statement of Thor saying his the most powerful

I don't think vague hints that he might be the strongest is enough for upgrades as massive as this. Is scaling to Celestials the only 4-C feat that characters would be scaling from? If there is no statement that Zeus is the strongest, then I don't think there should be any Tier 4 for these characters. Maybe a "possibly far higher" at the most imo.

I don't think vague hints that he might be the strongest is enough for upgrades as massive as this. Is scaling to Celestials the only 4-C feat that characters would be scaling from? If there is no statement that Zeus is the strongest, then I don't think there should be any Tier 4 for these characters. Maybe a "possibly far higher" at the most imo.
Gorr's star going zoom suggests they were trying to convey that level of power this movie

There’s other things that imply him as being that strong though he should also scale above odin and the Egyptian gods

That's what I support. I think the 4-C feats are very vague (except Konshu's which has no reason to scale to physicals anyway), and the scaling to the only ones with solid 4-C feats (The Celestials) is even vaguer. Potentially being implied to be maybe stronger than two Celestials who were standing in the background shouldn't be enough for a jump from Tier 6 to Tier 4.

Wasn't the main thing about the Tier 4 agreement the "Zeus is the strongest god" statement? Since that apparently didn't happen, the previous agreements don't mean anything.

Wasn't the main thing about the Tier 4 agreement the "Zeus is the strongest god" statement? Since that apparently didn't happen, the previous agreements don't mean anything.
Once again, we already acknowledged that previously

Its just that the idea is still heavily implied by Thor himself and other things mentioned above

I don't know what other people will say, but personally, I strongly oppose Tier 4.

The Zeus > all other gods is flimsy at best. Our only source is Thor, noted Zeus fanboy, who doesn't even claim he's the most powerful. Yes, he wanted Zeus' help. But Zeus was the leader of the gods, of course he'd go to the guy who could tell everyone else what to do. And again, he's a Zeus fanbody. He's hardly the most reliable source of information, especially considering he was really disappointed when he actually met Zeus. For all we know, Thor's statement might not even be true, it might just have been Thor hyping up his idol.

The Tier 4 Khonshu feat is fine for him, but as I mentioned above I don't think Zeus should upscale. We don't even know if its combat applicable anyway.

The Tier 4 Gorr feat is also unreliable. We have no idea exactly what Gorr did there. We don't know if he moved the sun or not. He could have just moved the asteroid (yes, in real life that would have caused debris to fly off. But since when have CBMs followed irl physics?)

he was really disappointed when he actually met Zeus
Actually the disappointment had nothing to do with Zeus's power but with his behavior, he viewed him as the greatest of the gods both in terms of power and morality yet when they meet, he realizes Zeus is an egotistical jerkass who prefers to throw parties and orgies than trying to protect people

I don't know what other people will say, but personally, I strongly oppose Tier 4.

The Zeus > all other gods is flimsy at best. Our only source is Thor, noted Zeus fanboy, who doesn't even claim he's the most powerful. Yes, he wanted Zeus' help. But Zeus was the leader of the gods, of course he'd go to the guy who could tell everyone else what to do. And again, he's a Zeus fanbody. He's hardly the most reliable source of information, especially considering he was really disappointed when he actually met Zeus. For all we know, Thor's statement might not even be true, it might just have been Thor hyping up his idol.

The Tier 4 Khonshu feat is fine for him, but as I mentioned above I don't think Zeus should upscale. We don't even know if its combat applicable anyway.

The Tier 4 Gorr feat is also unreliable. We have no idea exactly what Gorr did there. We don't know if he moved the sun or not. He could have just moved the asteroid (yes, in real life that would have caused debris to fly off. But since when have CBMs followed irl physics?)
Considering how Zeus is treated as the top dog in omnipotent city and even has a statue in his honor would suggest that Thor’s belief in his power is valid

By the way, Thor probably knows the power scale considering he already knew about the city and was said to have been there several times in the past since Zeus recognizes him and says that he thought he'd already seen the last of the Asgardians a long time back. He based his persona of raw might off of Zeus cuz he idolized him for a long time, so its almost a certainty he knows what he's talking about

Last edited:
Something else to keep in mind, not all the Celestials are the same. Ego is a Celestial, yet he's a different type of Celestial, so he doesn't scale to the other Celestials, with the same going for Eson the Searcher. So it's possible that the Celestials in the crowd are different kinds of Celestials that don't scale to regular Celestials, which is why I believe going by that statement isn't the best idea.

Something else to keep in mind, not all the Celestials are the same. Ego is a Celestial, yet he's a different type of Celestial, so he doesn't scale to the other Celestials, with the same going for Eson the Searcher. So it's possible that the Celestials in the crowd are different kinds of Celestials that don't scale to regular Celestials, which is why I believe going by that statement isn't the best idea.
1. Eson is regarded as a proper Celestial (which is why his profile is planned to be removed due to redundancy)

2. Ego is literally the only one ever noted to be an outlier, so he doesn't even count because the source material says he's not a Celestial proper

3. Arishem says that all Celestials are birthed the same. We are never once told nor is it ever suggested that they vary like that

If the planet were moving fast enough to make it appear as though the star were rapidly revolving then the debris would go flying off
No it wouldn't. We've calced the speed of the planet and its not moving fast enough to throw debris off with the gravity it showed.
Tier 4 was agreed to months ago
Well, I said I would wait for the CRT. At no point did I ever agree that it should be used, because it shouldn't in my view.

Back