• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Love & Thunder Spoiler Thread

Yes the VFX is definitely WOG
I didn't know we can use random articles as WOG on here.
Official interview articles are definitely usable if they do not contradict anything within the source material.

Given that the VFX video is literally the building foundations of the product and was later even used in the final product but we didn't know of until now, I'd say it's pretty legit.

Regardless of how the CRT ends, which I'm regretting making it, I think we should forget about scaling Thor to the Celestials, that shit will be at the level of a DB CRT
**** no I am NOT giving up on that. Especially considering one of the arguments against it is just power jump fallacy. Literally the only compelling argument is a lack of feats but then you'd have to ignore context set by the movie itself

I spearheaded L&T-Celestial scaling. Its ride or die 🚬

Also as it stands there is literally nothing wrong with it in the context of the MCU because we don't know his next appearance lmao

And we agreed to cross that bridge when we get to it

If Celestial scaling gets rejected, then scaling to the Egyptian gods will do

But I will die on the hill that L&T characters should scale to the Celestials because there's a case for it

uh...2-C 616 Thor
Currently, 616 Thor is only 3-C normally, 2-C is via overexertion in which:

"Thor implied a growth in his own power at the moment and his body suffered in a state of near-death while performing the feat, and he can reach this much power by overexerting himself in a similar manner, but he has not necessarily done so before, and it would not mean that those feats are automatically of this level, unless it has actually been proven."

beat-me-one-second.gif

Are people genuinely dropping the celestial scaling because its too far off now?? Like the ****** 4-C wasn't insane😭
Since the celestials are getting bumped to 3-C, tier 3 L&T is probably gonna be impossible now since people were already questioning tier 4 L&T

It sounds insane on surface level but the main counterpoints have already been addressed

The only one that stands is a lack of feats, but once again if you go with that then you have to go with the idea that Zeus isn't the strongest in Omnipotence City even though otherwise is suggested by the movie itself

Just got up and I'm seeing this. HOOOOO BOY 🤪

Anyway, I agree the scaling Thor to Celestials idea is gonna be much more difficult to get, if not downright impossible right now, considering how many people already disagreed with the idea of putting him 4-C.
At least we have the Egyptian Gods, which would not only include Khonshu but also Ammit, Zeus would be above her as well so we would get an "At least 5-A". That is, if the 3-C Celestials get a pass cause if not, we can still try the 4-C scaling

I’m really surprised to see tier 3 MCU scaling actually being possible and some of us are against it and willing to settle for tier 5, weren’t these the type of upgrades we were hoping for? I know it’s a big jump in power from Endgame but unless it gets contradicted in a future movie I think we should push for the rating.

I’m really surprised to see tier 3 MCU scaling actually being possible and some of us are against it and willing to settle for tier 5, weren’t these the type of upgrades we were hoping for? I know it’s a big jump in power from Endgame but unless it gets contradicted in a future movie I think we should push for the rating.
We all wish tier 3 MCU scaling could happen but we also have to be realistic and know this will be very difficult to get accepted and what we have might be too vague to get there

Since it seems that some of you are on the cusp of trying to scale MCU Thor to Tier 3 Celestials, I might as well remind everyone that in Thor 2 he took a point blank Reality Stone explosion to the face 58 seconds before it would have destroyed the entire universe.

Even if you say the Convergence magnified its impact across the Nine Realms, and say Thor only took 1 second of impact, that's still multi-galaxy impact in his face. There is no denying this happened. Even if it was an outlier back then, now it stands as Thor's early showing of his full potential.

The rules of this website are insane. You're completely disregarding onscreen feats for MCU Thor that are both central to the plots of his movies and clearly require star-level plus durability. Honestly I expect MCU Thor to remain Large Island Level after all is said and done.

Just because it would screw up your internally concocted scaling of characters, you act like the following did not happen:

1. Tanked a Bifrost explosion that simultaneously caused a black hole that was sucking in dozens of stars each of which were light years from each other:

---

---

2. Survived a point blank to the face Reality Stone explosion that would have destroyed the universe in under a minute:

---

---

3. Tanked Hela choking him with the same hands that just a minute before shattered Mjolnir, Mjolnir which tanked the previous feats above, as Hela rammed Thor into the Bifrost beam, the same Bifrost beam that astrophysicist Jane Foster defines as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge wormhole, which NASA defines as requiring the power equivalent of multiple stars:

---

---

https://chandra.harvard.edu/resources/faq/black_hole/bhole-4.html

4. Shown onscreen and stated to survive the full force of the heart aka core of a star. Neutron stars are 2x solar masses, have core temperature of over half a billion degrees, and gravity many times our sun:

---

---

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/science/neutron_stars.html#:~:text=Neutron stars cram roughly 1.3,the same as Mount Everest

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/multimedia/casa2011.html

https://www.energy.gov/science/doe-explainsneutron-stars

https://www.space.com/22180-neutron-stars.html

---

5. Beat Zeus, leader of the most powerful gods in the universe, which include star moving Khonshu and star-and-galaxy-forming Celestials:

---

---

6. Saved the universe 3 times by himself -- against Malekith, Hela, and Gorr -- and a fourth time with the Avengers against Thanos.

We're only talking about the most powerful live action hero in the biggest entertainment franchise in history, and how you all portray him on a website that pops up on the first page of Google whenever anyone types "MCU Thor power level." Nevertheless, MCU Thor is odds-on favorite to remain Large Island Level here. Cool cool cool.

Last edited:
The rules of this website are insane. You're completely disregarding onscreen feats for MCU Thor that are both central to the plots of his movies and clearly require star-level plus durability. Honestly I expect MCU Thor to remain Large Island Level after all is said and done.

Just because it would screw up your internally concocted scaling of characters, you act like the following did not happen:

1. Tanked a Bifrost explosion that simultaneously caused a black hole that was sucking in dozens of stars each of which were light years from each other:

---

---

2. Survived a point blank to the face Reality Stone explosion that would have destroyed the universe in under a minute:

---

---

3. Tanked Hela choking him with the same hands that just a minute before shattered Mjolnir, Mjolnir which tanked the previous feats above, as Hela rammed Thor into the Bifrost beam, the same Bifrost beam that astrophysicist Jane Foster defines as an Einstein-Rosen Bridge wormhole, which NASA defines as requiring the power equivalent of multiple stars:

---

---

https://chandra.harvard.edu/resources/faq/black_hole/bhole-4.html

4. Shown onscreen and stated to survive the full force of the heart aka core of a star. Neutron stars are 2x solar masses, have core temperature of over half a billion degrees, and gravity many times our sun:

---

---

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/science/neutron_stars.html#:~:text=Neutron stars cram roughly 1.3,the same as Mount Everest

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/chandra/multimedia/casa2011.html

https://www.energy.gov/science/doe-explainsneutron-stars

https://www.space.com/22180-neutron-stars.html

---

5. Beat Zeus, leader of the most powerful gods in the universe, which include star moving Khonshu and star-and-galaxy-forming Celestials:

---

---

6. Saved the universe 3 times by himself -- against Malekith, Hela, and Gorr -- and a fourth time with the Avengers against Thanos.

We're only talking about the most powerful live action hero in the biggest entertainment franchise in history, and how you all portray him on a website that pops up on the first page of Google whenever anyone types "MCU Thor power level." Nevertheless, MCU Thor is odds-on favorite to remain Large Island Level here. Cool cool cool.

You do realize we’re going to try and upgrade him to 3-c right?

After the CRT finishes, I'm going to make another one to update the P&A of the Celestials and I have a doubt, currently the Celestials have Life Manipulation, Telekinesis and Portal Creation, which I think all scale from Arishem, should they have that when Arishem already has his own profile?

Back