• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blog calculates an active contradiction with a more powerful character taking much more damage from significantly less energy

Thor, nearly dying to 800 Gigatons, while Mjolnir, which was casually shattered by a weaker version of a person only slightly stronger than Thor, supposedly can withstand 5 Teratons.

To be fair the 800 Gigatons was one second with Thor surviving for several seconds (Not a fan of the upgrade though)

Except we don't accept damage accumulated over time, ya said so yerself, D.

Or I think you did. Someone else did for sure tho.

I mean that was the reason we went wioth it in the initial upgrade thread.

That and the fact he got stronger which would bring him to baseline anyway

It doesn't, no

If anything they should backscale from nearly dying, honestly, but they do match Thanos down the line and whatnot so

It does however mean that the Low 6-B calc you're pushing is utterly invalid and has been rejected by the only calc group member to actually view it

It appears everything I said about the Bifrost not scaling to anyone was just swept under the rug.

To summarise, Odin was never shown to control the Bifrost. He explicitly drew upon Dark Magic just to transport Thor without the Bifrost, whereas Heimdall—gate keeper of the Rainbow Bridge—can use it directly.

The Rainbow Bridge isn't shown to be durable enough to withstand the Bifrost, it just channels it. The fact that Thor can damage it with multiple hammer blows doesn't prove he's Small Country or Large Country level, it just proves how weak the bridge is. Thor's regular hammer hits had extreme trouble breaking out of a prison designed to hold the Hulk and couldn't damage vibranium Ultron, only managing to harm him in tandem with Vision's blasts and Iron Man's repulsors.

Think of the logic behind these arguments, by the way: Odin channels the Bifrost, meaning he scales to it, yet Thor can smash the bridge with a blow directed at Hela. Thor's feats on his profile literally comes from Mjolnir, by the way, so we'd have to establish entirely different ranking systems if they were backscaled from his Awakened Thor ratings.

The main OP should be addressed though. There's still Odin making or brightening a star and the reality stone destroying the Yggdrasil.

Yeah that's something

It doesn't seem too bad if it doesn't scale to Thor

Not an outlier, but the overall conclusion is that Thor wouldn't scale to this, only top tiers like Hela and Odin would.

Yeah, I don't feel like Thor or any of the others should scale to that because Thor tried to fight hela at full awakened power and he got toyed with. And Odin easily destroyed Hela and managed to defeat Surtur.

So it should be

Odin>Surtur>Hela>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>All the High 6-C characters (Captain Marvel, Awakened Thor, base Thanos, Hulk, Iron Man, Doctor Strange)>>>>>>>>Pre awakened Thor

I honestly have no idea but I think the Mjolnir calc is a high degree of gay

Here's what I think the ratings should be

Awakened Thor: Likely Large Island level+ (His AP should be somewhat comparable to his durability. Instantly covered Wakanda in a storm. Battled Hela and managed to harm her, although he was overpowered even with Valkyrie's assistance), far higher with Stormbreaker (Sliced through an Energy Blast powered by the Six Infinity Stones, and mortally wounded Thanos. Effortlessly decapitated Thanos afterwards)

Hela: Likely Large Island level+ (Easily shattered Mjolnir, which was forged using a concentrated energy beam from a neutron star, at her weakest level of power, and continuously grew stronger throughout the movie as she remained in Asgard. Superior to Valkyrie and Awakened Thor, forcing the latter to release Surtur as a last resort)

Surtur: At least Large Island level+, likely higher (Casually killed Hela and destroyed Asgard with one attack)

Odi: At least Large Island level+, likely higher (Fought and defeated Surtur in his prime, taking the Eternal Flame from him and banishing him to Muspelheim. Defeated Hela in the past and continuously maintained her prison in Hel), able to ignore durability in some ways

I ranked Thor as "Likely" Large Island level+ because he was screaming in pain the whole time. We can't even say he was undamaged in the first few seconds because the audience can't fully see his back. Hela, on the other hand, may have overpowered Thor, but did nowhere near the same damage.

From the looks of it. It seems like everybody agrees that Odin is at least Higher than High 6-C+. Most people have rejected Hela for Anything Higher since she couldn't kill Thor.

Surtur in his prime did battle with Odin but yeah, either way

I think Thor and Hela should just straight up scale, he did withstand High 6-C+ energy constantly for minutes straight, though it gravely wounded him, but either way yeah, they shouldn't scale to peak Odin

The fight wasn't called an even or fierce one. Also, everyone thought Surtur was dead, and he said the only reason he didn't die was because of the prophecy.

I'll add back the Odin stuff, now that I think about it.

Thor nearly dying is close to baseline Low 6-B

I really don't get why we're upscaling so liberally. Like, what's wrong with treating high effort feats as the actual tier they're at?

The only people I could see as Low 6-B are Odin and Surtur. Those two at least make sense, since the latter killed Hela in one shot, whereas Thor was almost killed in two minutes by the Neutron Star feat.

I think he was screaming because of holding the forge. He started screaming even before the energy hit him.

Why not we keep the profiles like they are? Thats the best

Again, there were burns on his arm in that scene.

Because it makes no sense for Thor.

Samuel L. Jackson is also very willing to reprise his role as Mace Windu in Star Wars, but this doesn't mean he's alive.

The fact they haven't told her to reprise her role is what should be focused on. That, and how the script confirms was hit by Twilight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back