• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Hela is going to be upgraded to High 6-B So her bullying Thor makes sense.

However, at LEAST awakened Thor is High 6-B and Odin and Hela are certainly without a doubt High 6-B

I'm fine with Tier 6 Awakened Thor, it's a upgrade to base Thor that I have issue with.

Let's conclude what we started for the revisions needed in the OP To upgrade Hela,Odin, and MCU Awakened Thor to High 6-B

Remember, please say either Buff, or Nerf so we can know who exactly wants to buff The MCU Top tiers to High 6-B

I propose 2 keys for Awakened Thor.

Large Island level+ (should scale to his durability. Held his own against Hela but was quickly defeated. Slightly harmed Ragnarok Hulk) Large Country level at full power (stronger than before. Destroyed the Bifrost Bridge in a single lightning bolt. Slightly harmed Hela).

Base Thor should be Mountain level+ (should scale to his durability. Restrained Hulk). At most Large Country level with Mjolnir (destroyed the Bifrost Bridge, albeit with multiple blows)

Why are we even mentioning High 6-B for base Thor? We know he can't hit that hard so it makes no sense.

Also, what is the reasoning for High 6-B? Right now all I can tell is that its based off of the Bifrost calc which is using the extremely drastic low ball of the Bifrost needing to be open for a whole day when he had killed off most of the Ice Giants with an hour. The High 6-B number is a purposeful low ball so the calc somewhat fits with the ice age number.

The Casket also doesn't scale to anyone as the reasoning is based off of Odin defeating Laufey despite it not being used against him.

I have no issue with High 6-C (he is already Low 6-B so not sure why we downgrade) but the High 6-B is a large gap when characters comparable to that High 6-C are able to fight the supposed High 6-Bs and take hits from them. Definitely not agreeing to that right now. We need far more evidence to say he is really that high when the current stuff is just assumed.

Hela called the Casket weak compared to the Eternal Flame and Odin fought Prime Surtur and was able to take it away from him. Lets agree at 6-B coz destroying the surface of a a planet under an hour is the 6-B and the Ice Age is 6-B and destroying Mjolnir is Low 6-B via my calc which was accepted so it fits. Thor's neutron stat feat is slightly below Low 6-B. So we can put Awakened Thor at

Large Island level+. Country level at full power

I didn't agree with 6-C Thor, I said that Tier 6 Awakened Thor is fine. Him being Low 6-B is consistent enough in my view and the High 6-B stuff relies on to many assumptions in my view.

She never compared the Casket and EF. She said the Casket was weak but she also followed up with an Infinity Stone is decent. She didn't want the EF for power but its ability to resurrect her army and doggo. EF doesn't scale above it, Surtur does not scale above it, Odin does not scale above it. Literally nobody scales to it short of Power Stone wielders and people who actually use the Casket in combat.

Hela destroying Mjolnir is Low 6-B+. She was extremely weakened when she did so. Can we put her at 6-B? We often do this to characters like in DB or JoJo

We upscale a character's tier only if they're reasonably close to the next one's borderline. Unless Hela fits that and there's valid reason for it, then no.

Hela destroying Mjolnir was 3.82 teratons at bare minimum. 6-B starts at 7 teratons. Thats only 1.83 times greater. Remember Hela was extremely weakened when she did it (her clothes were torn, she was limping) and yet she did it with extreme ease, like, just one hand. She got stronger as she stayed on Asgard and was at her peak when she fought Thor. I think its just to put her at 6-B.

In Thor Ragnarok, when Hela arrives on Earth her costume is torn in multiple spots but when she arrives on Asgard she repairs it because she gets her powers back. Asgardian clothing is a manifestation of their powers

0mod0f5p33s21

So....? Destroying Sokovia is 623 megatons. We gave Mountain level+ to Thor from this. We gave Kurse Large Mountain level because he was stomping Thor. Large Mountain level starts from 1000 megatons, which is 1.6 times above the Thor feat. Hela did better against Awakened Thor than Kurse did against base Thor. So we can upgrade Hela to 6-B based on the same logic

Honestly Kurse should have probably been just 7-A, considering Thor's feat required a bit of charge, but eh

I'm honestly getting pretty tired of the stuff being thrown around in this thread, what with the Glowy Eyes headcanon that has never, ever had special attention brought to it beyond pure and utter rule of cool (Thor is more powerful via standing still and calling his hammers than he is actually in the middle of battle with Thanos?), and the fact that Thor's Hammer that got easily crushed by a weakened Hela is somehow more durable than he himself is

I'd reject it just to get this overwith but that's not how this works exactly, and the higher tier upgrades could have just a sliver of legitimacy if I was to sit down and run through the MCU lore at any point

6-B seems fine. Hela casually performed a Low 6-B feat in her weakest state and later fought a far stronger Thor. This Hela got stomped by Prime Surtur who was defeated by Prime Odin. So maybe only High 6-B Prime Odin, Prime Surtur and Awakened Thor?

I mean in the first Thor movie it took Thor 10 hits to destroy the Bifrost Bridge while it took Post Sakaar Thor one hit. So there might be 10x difference in strength here.

Or it could be the writers not doing math and just trying to make two dudes punch eachother good, to which they are successful in spite of power scaling discrepancies here and there, and you shouldn't over complicate this by trying to say hitcounts imply power multipliers so you can get High 6-B from multiplying a feat that ceases to make sense with basic thought

So we better give Hela 2 keys

Attack Potency: Small Country level+ (Easily shattered Mjolnir with one hand. Slammed Thor through Bifrost shards) | Country level (Much stronger than before due to her time on Asgard. Overpowered Awakened Thor. Easily pierced through Skurge's Uru metal breastplate. Can slightly harm with her blades)

Key: Weakened | Replenished

And Thor was pretty exhausted when he did the neutron star feat. He just received a massive beatdown by Thanos that same day

He had plenty of rest and time to recover, yet was nearly killed by it and had to be revived via getting Stormbreaker

Well, to be fair, he did survive getting struck by the beam for more than a few minutes and didn't die within a second upon contact, so...

It still hurt and he eventually went into critical condition

Yet we're trying to say his hammer is several times more durable than him

Awakened Thor should be Small Country level+ (slightly harmed Hela at her peak. Destroyed Bifrost Bridge in a single lightning bolt. Overpowered Post-Sakaar Hulk in a single punch)

Ignoring my arguments and repeating your tiering doesn't make what you're saying valid

Let us all sing the dance of woes

That said this isn't going to go through like this, so it's a win of variable attrition

That was actually explained on the discussion threads when Endgame came out

The hammer has the power of Thor, Thor was the same level as Thanos at that time, so it got upgraded to be able to damage Thanos

I dunno what movies you watched but that never happened nor was implied

Hela had an extended hand to hand fight with Thor where she came out just enough on top that he decided to nuke asgard and let it live on in it's people

Thanos' first action in the plot of infinity war is dramatically walking down a ruined ship where Thor is beaten to a pulp and restrained by his minions, before having Hulk jump him just to be completely disposed of

What are you smoking to think the first did a better job of harming them than the second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back