• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you asking why the x7.5 figure is not applied to profile stats? If so, its as Dante said. Its only for vs threads to help determine if its an AP stomp

I saw this one scene here (1:29) to (1:32) in which Laufey blasted ice with the casket to an asgardian on his head to the left area, that was most likely Odin, and this person survied because we saw him destroying some more frost giants in the scene after

He didn't use the Casket for that. Not only do we not see the Casket (the glowy blue box), he was wielding the Casket in his left hand and smacking shit with his ice manip in the right. He clearly creates the ice ball in his hand and throws it without the Casket involved.

When you see the shot when the throws the ice box, he wasn't holding the casket in his right hand.

Also, when you closely see the shot, you see the same light blue color of the ice that is the same color as the casket

I know. I said he had it in his left hand. And the ice ball was barely larger than his hamd. Show a screencap of the Casket when he attacks Odin.

AnonymousBlank said:
Are you asking why the x7.5 figure is not applied to profile stats? If so, its as Dante said. Its only for vs threads to help determine if its an AP stomp
I find that rule to be rather uh.. dumb. You go to a thread with a 6-C character and then you say "sUrPriSe, he actually oneshot a Low 6-B of this level. You thought this was a Tier Low 6-B, but it was me, 6-B!"

But back on the topic of Surtur, wouldn't that at the very least warrant an upgrade from "At least Low 6-B, likely higher" to "At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B" since the gap is so small?

How is it dumb? The x7.5 is a figure we the users of VSBW decided on. Why would we ever apply it to profiles which are based on canon statements, figure and feats? If anything, that opinion is dumb as the reasoning behind it was "well what if someone decides to be a rat" when the profiles would immediately shut that down.

If his profile places that character at 6-C, one shotting a Low 6-B is an outlier that is not accepted or you need to go make a CRT whereupon the match will be closed for being an AP stomp unless the weaker character has hax to make up for it.

From everyone's arguments so far, no one seems to be agreeing over Tier 5 or Tier 4 God Tiers. So High 6-A might be the most understandable upgrade for the God Tiers. Though from the looks of it, it would only upgrade IW Thor, Prime Odin and Prime Surtur.
Not sure about IW Thor. It was stated by Word of God that Endgame Thor was stronger than ever before, which means he was stronger than IW Thor. So anyone comparable to Endgame Thor would scale to Infinity War Thor. That brings everyone in the scaling chain up to High-6-A, which makes a new layer of inconsistencies.

Can that be taken seriously? WoG also said CM is the strongest avenger

Jesus Christ I have said this on the forum hundreds of times !

The quote was that at the end of Endgame Thor was stronger than ever before. At the end of endgame after thanos is defeated and Tony's funeral when he sobers up and gives asgard to Valk.

Not during the events of endgame

AnonymousBlank said:
I know. I said he had it in his left hand. And the ice ball was barely larger than his hamd. Show a screencap of the Casket when he attacks Odin.
Like, a screenshot that shows that he had the Casket with him when he attacked Odin??

Cropfist said:
The same reason we apply any calc to any profile based on canon statements, figure and feats.
Okay but this x7.5 isn't canon as I explained already. It is a figure that we came up with to determine if the AP difference is too much for the match to be considered fair between beatsticks. So us applying it to a profile is stupid and to think otherwise after it has been explained why we don't is even more stupid.

Loki isn't trying to kill Heimdall though, he sealed him. His whole plan was to prove he was a worthy heir to Odin so him going all out on Odin's most trusted guy is a pretty braindead move.

Just saying, we know that the Infinity Gauntlet is made of Uru and it was durable enough to survive the snap twice (it melted slightly, but didn't get destroyed), and we know that the snap was powerful enough to release energy felt from thousands of light years distance. So can we calculate it? It will be a dura feat for Thanos too

Right, but somethings would scale with the infinity gauntlet in this situation.

Professor Hulk because he barely but still alive after one snap.

Iron man tech and armor can hold all stones energy for a time but cant use the snap without dying.

I mean is it not possible to calculate the energy needed to turn a person to dust and use the statements to calculate how many people were turn to dust by the snap?

The movie said that the stones even in rest generate enough energy to light up a continent

Average power consumption of North America per year is 13243 kWh in 2014

RanaProGamer said:
I mean is it not possible to calculate the energy needed to turn a person to dust and use the statements to calculate how many people were turn to dust by the snap?
The dust thing is more hax then anything

Hellbeast1 said:
RanaProGamer said:
The dust thing is more hax then anything
Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back