• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
4-C Party Thor because of his parties seems kinda weird. And I don't think scaling main timeline counterparts to their What If...? counterparts is currently accepted unless there's strong evidence that they are identical, like in the case of Doctor Strange
Not saying he should be 4-c, just bringing it up as something I found. Besides there’s to many factors to consider when looking at this “feat”. His pretty much the same expect his a spoiled brat

Like I said, still too vague without asking the VFX artists what dimension of the Canyon they were referring to when they made the comparison.
They litterly say the “Grand Canyon” times hundered and then double down and call it a super-sized canyon. There’s absolutely no reason not to use the same dimensions as the entire Grand Canyon. If they just said it’s a super big canyon then sure that’s vague, but there straight up giving us a comparison to work with, so Idk why it needs to be super technically now.

They litterly say the “Grand Canyon” times hundered and then double down and call it a super-sized canyon.
There’s absolutely no reason not to use the same dimensions as the entire Grand Canyon. If they just said it’s a super big canyon then sure that’s vague, but there straight up giving us a comparison to work with, so Idk why it needs to be super technically now.
They don't mention whether they're specifically multiplying the area by 100 or the length/width separately by 100.

They don't mention whether they're specifically multiplying the area by 100 or the length/width separately by 100.
And they don’t need to, it’s clear this is an all around comparison to the canyon
The IRL canyon. Ranges anywhere from 6-18 miles in width.

You'd need evidence that they specifically meant the length and width individually.
Ok then use the same values of width of the canyon

why do I need more evidence that they specifically mean the length and width when they already the compared it to the whole thing. What exactly is so special about length and width?

And they don’t need to, it’s clear this is an all around comparison to the canyon
If that is the case then what reason do they have to not just use the area obtained from the 277*18 value?

Huh? We’re did you get 6 miles from? It’s just 18 miles wide
At its widest point.

Actually no wait, it's 4-18 miles. Not that it matters much.

why do I need more evidence that they specifically mean the length and width when they already the compared it to the whole thing.
It's in the word. "Size". If they meant length they'd clearly say "100 times the length".

What exactly is so special about length and width?
Nothing, just that they aren't specifically mentioned here. Only the word "size" is.

If that is the case then what reason do they have to not just use the area obtained from the 277*18 value?

At its widest point.

Actually no wait, it's 4-18 miles. Not that it matters much.

It's in the word. "Size". If they meant length they'd clearly say "100 times the length".

Nothing, just that they aren't specifically mentioned here. Only the word "size" is.
Idk I guess they wanted it be super big

Ok then use the same values of width of the canyon. Or just use the lowest and highest width for high and low balls

I doubt it, when people compare something in size they generally mean an all around comparison

ya and size can also be used for width and length

Ok then use the same values of width of the canyon. Or just use the lowest and highest width for high and low balls
Wouldn't matter much. Using Google Maps the area would be right around the 4000 - 5000 sq mi mark.

I doubt it, when people compare something in size they generally mean an all around comparison

ya and size can also be used for width and length
Maybe so, but in this case we need more evidence than that.

Shouldn't Surtur be High 6-B with the Twilight Sword since he one-shot Hela and destroyed Asgard?
No. He directly impacted the core, the imminent High 6-B boom destroyed both him and the sword. It was essentially a chain reaction, if the sword was that strong then Surtur would've just waved it at Asgard from a distance and walked away. But he didn't.

Tesseract crushing has no tier anymore due to the wonky assumptions of the old calc
They aren't talking about the Tesseract crushing calc. They are talking about scaling Surtur's AP above the Tesseract's, like what they brought up two pages ago
There’s also the tesseract having the potential energy to wipe out a planet

(1:41)

then there’s Hela thinking surtur’s power is greater

(1:19)

Last edited:
I wasn’t talking about the crushing feat I was talking about him straight up being more powerful then the tesseract

(0:18)
Probably cuz fate tbh

I mean, the Tesseract's offensive power isn't necessarily generated from the stone like that, it has to be harnessed separately into other weapons. The Stone on its own? Useless.

But this one Quora link which has sources and math for it states that the energy yield is around 4.5e38 ergs or 4e+31 J (5-C, Moon level)

Problem is tho, the Neutron Star in Infinity War has darkened out and doesn't have remotely anywhere near as much power because it's too old.

7.17 kilotons of TNT or 30 trillion joules. 7-C.
Thought it would be higher
But this one Quora link which has sources and math for it states that the energy yield is around 4.5e38 ergs or 4e+31 J (5-C, Moon level)

Problem is tho, the Neutron Star in Infinity War has darkened out and doesn't have remotely anywhere near as much power because it's too old.
Wasn’t it rigenited thought? Besides aren’t all neutron stars old?

No, it was always active but the doors inside it had closed.

Some are particularly older than others. Older they get, the more energy they lose.

Some are particularly older than others. Older they get, the more energy they lose.
Ok

ok then how can you tell this one is super old?

Honestly, without direct confirmation of its age, it seems like too much headcannon to assume it's so much older than any others and therefore has less energy. Does Eitri mention how long the Forge has been active? I think he might've.

Back