• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief vs The Meta

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
No it doesn't. That is not how that works.
It sure does. Maine goes for a hold or pin and gets kicked in the leg, waist, or stomach and circle thrown or alternatively gets smashed across the face like Locke did

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Not if the Meta literally rips his arms off with the sheer difference in Lifting Strength.
That's if he even get ahold of him. Not only could Chief deck him first, Chief could literally just put up a Hardlight Shield

WeeklyBattles said:
If chief puts up a hardlight shield meta immediately assumes chief has an ai and timestops
This was all happening after the TS. He TSs, does a little damage, goes for a pin, Chief Hardlights

Would Chief even have extra Equipment here considering this is Mark 5 Chief, the one from the first game? Or does he for whatever reason get it anyway?

If this is CE Chief, this is an outright stomp. No AP advantage, no superior weaponry, and waaaay less equipment. I was under the misunderstanding that this has Halo 5 Chief

BakiHanma18 said:
If this is CE Chief, this is an outright stomp. No AP advantage, no superior weaponry, and waaaay less equipment. I was under the misunderstanding that this has Halo 5 Chief
MKV Chief is the one thats x4 above Meta.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
No, this is Mjolnir Mark 5 Chief with access to UNSC/Covenant weapons but not the Spartan Laser.
If it's Mark 5, he's physically weaker in every aspect, slower, and Mark 5's UNSC/Covenant Weapons are massively limited

KarmodF said:
BakiHanma18 said:
MKV Chief is the one thats x4 above Meta.
It's Small Building to Small Building+, are you sure that's the 4x?

Again, Class 100 in a fighting style full of grapples. Not gonna end well for Chief. Especially if Signa just orders Theta to make a shield every where Chief tries to punch.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Again, Class 100 in a fighting style full of grapples. Not gonna end well for Chief. Especially if Signa just orders Theta to make a shield every where Chief tries to punch.
Except when Maine goes for a grapple and gets a nice new dent in his skull along with a broken neck as a bonus when the Gravity Hammer pulls him in and knocks him out

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Gravity Manip that I've never seen touch anything other than what it hits.
It's literally an AOE tho, it only damages what it hits. It can literally be used to launch the user into the air when you strike the ground...

WeeklyBattles said:
Implying an 8-C gravity hammer will get through a 7-B bubble shield
How much of the bubble shield would be up? There comes a point where Maine can block the AOE, but a shield walls them off from each other

Well, let's review the battle so far: we have a Meta that's used Time Stop and has had several uses of the DES vs a Chief that's taken a few fairly deep cuts. Now, Meta, someone who from the looks of his page has no notable martial skill, is attempting to grapple Chief, a noted Martial Arts Expert. We also look at Chief's 4x AP advantage.

So an injured Chief with the skill advantage and a 4x strength advantage vs a Meta with tremendous strain on his power and dangerously close to a malfunction trying to grapple with the skill disadvantage in close quarters with someone he's 4x weaker than.

Seems like this is going well for Chief so far

A 4x AP advantage is not going to be of any use in a grappling contest against an opponent with a 15x strength advantage.

Youre severely overestimating how often his armor malfunctions, he's used his powers multiple times in rapid succession without it malfunctioning before.

Chief's skill means nothing when time is stopped.

WeeklyBattles said:
A 4x AP advantage is not going to be of any use in a grappling contest against an opponent with a 15x strength advantage.
Youre severely overestimating how often his armor malfunctions, he's used his powers multiple times in rapid succession without it malfunctioning before.

Chief's skill means nothing when time is stopped.
4x AP advantage is going to do wonders against an opponent that can't grab Chief to begin with

How many armor mods can be use after Time Stop? That one takes out massive amounts of energy to use

Does Maine grapple in TS in character?

Man this exploded after being dead for several days. Guess I'll way in on the grapping thing. Against the Sleeveless Insurrection soldier, Maine used his superior strength to pin him down, and does things like suplexes and whatnot when he fights. It should also be noted that the Meta may not use it's normal tactics, as the A.I he possesses are very intelligent and would likely just force him to fight differently to gain an advantage. Epsilon merely simulatiing the other A.I units (keep in mind that Epsilon himself acknowledges that he's only a single fragment to Carlonina) is able to learn extremely precise information and weaknesses of the environment and targets many times faster than any of the human characters in red vs blue can process.

I think it's very likely that Sigma and the other A.I (being able to run simulations of the battle many times over before it even begins) would force Maine to fight in the most advantageous way possible, so stopping time for the speed advantage and just grappling the Chief down doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Back