• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Master Chief vs The Meta

Mjolnir Mark 5 Chief, has access to any UNSC/Covenant Weaponry except the Spartan Laser.

The Meta has all of the A.I. Fragments and Armor Enhancements that he had before the EMP. Armed with his Bruteshot and a Magnum.

Will 117 be able to clean up the Director's mess?

Master Chief:

The Meta:

Ehhh... Maine could do some good damage in TS, maybe even take him down after the fact, but considering Chief's weaponry and his higher durability, I'm gunna have to go Chief on this on, probably takes it 7 times out of 10, maybe 6

The inevitable what? If the meta sees chief using armor mods that's only going to be incentive to time stop spam and wail on him

WeeklyBattles said:
The inevitable what? If the meta sees chief using armor mods that's only going to be incentive to time stop spam and wail on him
The inevitable loss. Chief is already a tier above him in defense, and that's without any assistance. Add to that his vastly superior weaponry and tech, and even with the 9-10 second time stop won't be enough

WeeklyBattles said:
Chief's shields work as a shield with a health bar, it can be brought down even by 9-C weapons.
Chief's Armor alone is Building level. Meta's best stuff is Small Building. Even if his shields go down, he can still tank a ton of what the Meta can do

Chief's armor is baseline and meta is only something like 4x weaker, not to mention that his weapon of choice is the brute shot which he regularly impaled people with. Seeing as it's a bladed weapon if chiefs shield goes down hes not going to be tanking a meter long blade that he cand defend himself from impaling him through the torso or decapitating him

WeeklyBattles said:
Chief's armor is baseline and meta is only something like 4x weaker, not to mention that his weapon of choice is the brute shot which he regularly impaled people with. Seeing as it's a bladed weapon if chiefs shield goes down hes not going to be tanking a meter long blade that he cand defend himself from impaling him through the torso or decapitating him
But he's still 4x stronger and with insane pain tolerance. The likelihood of the Meta being able to actually kill Chief in 10 seconds is practically non-existence. He'd have to get through the shield AND armor 4x stronger than him. After that 10 seconds he may be wounded, but nothing he can't push past at which point he ends the Meta

Edit: I don't think Chief is just baseline, he's comparable to (likely stronger than) Buck who can causally stomp a Small Building+ Promeathan

A single clip from a 9-C assault rifle can bring chief's shield down in a few seconds, meta will need two, maybe three shots total, shots which are guaranteed to land due to the aforementioned timestop

Chiefs pain tolerance isnt saving him from being impaled through the entire torso or being decapitated.

WeeklyBattles said:
A single clip from a 9-C assault rifle can bring chief's shield down in a few seconds, meta will need two, maybe three shots total, shots which are guaranteed to land due to the aforementioned timestop
Chiefs pain tolerance isnt saving him from being impaled through the entire torso or being decapitated.
That's against the shield. He's not doing any important damage to armor 4x stronger than his AP

The logic of 9-C AR bullets draining Chief's shield is like saying that Meta's shields are easily drain by the 9-B bullets of the RvB Magnum.

KarmodF said:
The logic of 9-C AR bullets draining Chief's shield is like saying that Meta's shields are easily drain by the 9-B bullets of the RvB Magnum.
Whoa, 9-B bullets take down Meta's shields AND he's 4x weaker? Yeah, my votes is 100% on Chief

You mean gameplay mechanics, right?

No i mean in canon, spartan shields have been taken down by small arms and assault rifles in both the comics and the novels. Hell iirc in reach one of noble team died in a cutscene because their shield got broken by a carbine

Whoa, 9-B bullets take down Meta's shields AND he's 4x weaker? Yeah, my votes is 100% on Chief

The meta doesnt have a shield like chief does. He only has the bubble shield and overshield

I mean the dude got shot like 10 times directly in the Throat and survived long enough to not only still shoot the guy with his Brute shot, but also then after that long fight get the medical treatment necessary to survive, and all he lost was his ability to speak.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I mean the dude got shot like 10 times directly in the Throat and survived long to not only still shoot the guy with his Brute shot, but also then after that long fight get the medical treatment necessary to survive, and all he lost was his ability to speak.
That and RVB magnums are a hell of a lot stronger than halo magnums

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I mean the dude got shot like 10 times directly in the Throat and survived long to not only still shoot the guy with his Brute shot, but also then after that long fight get the medical treatment necessary to survive, and all he lost was his ability to speak.
As impressive as that is, that isn't going to help him here

It kinda is, tanking multiple 9-B bullets to the head and throat is a great feat when the majority of your opponents arsenal is 9-C

I mean, we're talking about a gun that's stronger than Chief's guns shooting him in the throat and also, the Meta got way stronger and more skilled since then since he literally One-Shot that guy who shot his throat and also beat Tex without any Armor Abilities or AI of his own.

WeeklyBattles said:
It kinda is, tanking multiple 9-B bullets to the head and throat is a great feat when the majority of your opponents arsenal is 9-C
Not when said opponent also has the Gravity Hammer, the Energy Sword, the Brute Shot, the Rocket Launcher, etc

Guys, Chief is 9-A+, Meta is 9-A, you are saying that 9-C bullets would kill a Guy with a 9-A+ armor.

Also meta is experienced in fighting people with rocket launchers

Also also meta was unfazed by being stabbed through the chest with an energy sword

Back