• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Nanatsu no Taizai Revision Part 2: Scaling

Why on earth, do you guys stuff the characters profile with sentences and extremely long explanations, you need to stop doing that, not only is Meliodas's Page already stuffed, you just need to keep it as simple as possible

Character A is stronger than Character B is a fine enough explanation, the link to Character B's Page would have the calc, that's all you need

It's because he has several feats on that level. Before he only had "Stronger than Gilthunder", even though he has an actual Small City level+ feat done with zero effort. Like really, is just "Stronger than Gilthunder" a "fine enough explanation". Also, his power level being 10,300 in Wrath seems more important than just being superior to Matrona.

We could also add in Meliodas effortlessly killing Unsealed Second Form Dale after he stopped holding back. Though there were some explanations on the page that were a bit extra.

Should I revert Aubin's edit? Then you can do what you want with the extra stuff.

What doubt? there is no doubt between our group, also the more sentences, the more cluttered his page becomes, Meliodas scales off of Gilthunders feat which is the strongest 7-B one they have, I'm only trying to make things simple for those who don't know the series and are looking at the character's profile, if we stuff his page with entire paragraphs, then it'll be 3x as long

Maybe we should shorten some of the descriptions a bit before reverting the edit. Cause it did seem like there was way too much in the description.

Not really. It's not like they are forced to read all of it. But for those that might be like "But uhhh what about" you might need that extra stuff. I like it when justifications are extended.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
What doubt? there is no doubt between our group, also the more sentences, the more cluttered his page becomes, Meliodas scales off of Gilthunders feat which is the strongest 7-B one they have, I'm only trying to make things simple for those who don't know the series and are looking at the character's profile, if we stuff his page with entire paragraphs, then it'll be 3x as long
We're talking about doubt from people that aren't as into NNT as us.

@Peter that's why you can remove some of the stuff. For example "Slightly superior to mini-Diane, who shattered Griamore's Wall, which is consistently stated to be capable of withstanding meteors" and "Far stronger tha Zaratras." could be removed.

@Demon There's such a thing as feats and power scaling. It's not that cluttered and you even removed stuff like Meliodas' demon power level, Wrath power level, and that he continued to get stronger, which weren't cluttered and are useful information.

Alright than I guess we should revert it back. After that I'll edit out some of the extra stuff.

By the way Mitch why did you remove the + sign I added onto Dawn Escanor? He's stronger than Unsealed Base Meliodas who is Large Mountain level+.

Long justifications are okay. It's hard to go against justifications when you have like 10. Cause then it's like, you have that other stuff if something don't work or invalidated.

@Peter

I believe you can revert it and add stuff to the profile on the same edit. I'll do it.

Meliodas has 3 forms for each of his 4 keys, that means 12 forms with descriptions, each description should not have 3 long sentences within it, There were nearly 400 words in the previous description, which is like a full google drive page, we should keep it as simple as possible

No, your edits were largely unecessary. It's not that cluttered, and most of it was useful (for example, the his base and Demon Mark was only one sentence and you still got rid of most of it). Anyway, I've condensed it a lot so far.

Most of my tiny edits are also fixing grammar mistakes and improper formatting as well, kind've my OCD

Dude, look how long your info was

At least City level (Much stronger than Gilthunder. Effortlessly destroyed Baste Dungeo, which had a spell powerful enough to withstand attacks from 10 Tyrant Dragons, each capable of leveling a town. Slightly superior to mini-Diane, who shattered Griamore's Wall, which is consistently stated to be capable of withstanding meteors. Easily defeated Unsealed Second form Dale after he stopped holding back), higher with Demon Mark (Far stronger tha Zaratras. Has a power level of 4400, making him superior to most of the Sins. Stopped Gilthunder's lightning-enhanced strike with his fingers. Easily stomped Ba, who added Meliodas' strength to his own), Mountain level with Lostvayne (Easily slashed apart an Albio with air slashes), up to at least Mountain level with Wrath (Effortlessly tore Guila's hand off. Fought Helbram and pressured him into relying on Hendrickso's power in addition to the strength of 20 Holy Knights, and continued to grow more powerful. Gained a power level of 10,300, significantly higher than Matrona, after managing to control his power), | At least Large Mountain level+ (Cut Monspeet's throat, effortlessly defeated base Galand (Nanatsu no Taizai), and overpowered an injured Drole), Island level with Demon Mark (Destroyed Danafor and left a large hole. Overpowered both Gloxinia and Drole with little difficulty) | At least Island level (Stronger than his previous Demon Mark and comparable to Estarossa. Stomped Derieri with little effort, and punched her ribs out), likely Large Island level with Demon Mark (Should be comparable to Sariel and Tarmiel), Large Island level+ with Assault Mode (While only partially transformed, he broke Melascula's Dark Cocoo, which neither Zeldris nor his Demon Mark could do. Casually defeated late-morning Escanor, whose power level at the time was 114,000) | Likely Large Island level (Should be comparable if not stronger than his previous Demon Mark state), at least Large Island level+, likely Small Country level with Demon Mark (Ludoshel was wary of facing him by himself without the help of Sariel and Tarmiel. He said his powers would cancel out Elizabeth'spower), Small Country level with Assault Mode (Stronger than Full Power Zeldris. Zeldris implied that he could defeat The One Escanor)

I mean Jesus...

It's not unnecessary knowledge if it's more proof to support the justification of tier. If invalidated or questioned you have nothing else going for the character lol. Stuff that probably would have mattered if they stayed.

I decided to remove the likely at least part from Pseudo-Sun Escanor since that was originally there before I decided to use the + sign.

@Aubin

Again, I've condensed it. And no, it's not that long, most of his keys have just a few sentences. If anything, his prime key should be removed since we know very little about it, it's just clutter, and it will likely be revealed later. I won't remove it myself though.

Is this better? It's just 300 words.

Attack Potency: At least City level (Much stronger than Gilthunder. Effortlessly destroyed Baste Dungeo, which could withstand attacks from 10 Town level Tyrant Dragons. Easily defeated Unsealed Second form Dale after he stopped holding back), higher with Demon Mark (Has a power level of 4400, which is higher than most of the Sins. Stopped Gilthunder's lightning-enhanced sword blow with his fingers. Easily stomped Ba after he added Meliodas' strength to his own), Mountain level with Lostvayne (Easily sliced apart a Albio with air slashes), higher with Wrath (Gained a power level of 10,300, significantly higher than Matrona, after managing to control his power) | At least Large Mountain level+ (Cut Monspeet's throat, effortlessly defeated Galand), Island level with Demon Mark (Destroyed Danafor and left a large hole. Overpowered Gloxinia and Drole) | At least Island level (Stronger than his previous Demon Mark and comparable to Estarossa. Stomped Derieri and removed a large sectio of her rib cage), likely Large Island level with Demon Mark (Should be comparable to Sariel and Tarmiel), Large Island level+ with Assault Mode (While only partially transformed, he broke Melascula's Dark Cocoo, which neither Zeldris nor his Demon Mark could do. Casually defeated late-morning Escanor, whose power level at the time was 114,000) | Likely Large Island level (Should be comparable if not stronger than his previous Demon Mark state), at least Large Island level+, likely Small Country level with Demon Mark (Ludoshel was wary of facing him by himself without the help of Sariel and Tarmiel. He said his powers would cancel out Elizabeth's power), Small Country level with Assault Mode (Stronger than Full Power Zeldris. Zeldris implied that he could defeat The One Escanor)

@ByAsura We actually know enough about his Prime key now. It has appeared multiple times in the story and we've seen how strong his Demon Mark and Assault Mode are.

@Mitch Hold on I'll trim down the descriptions a bit.

Ok. Also, should Meliodas have an "At least" if Gilthunder is only 14 Megatons and not way weaker than Meliodas?

Why is that form called assault mode? All I remember is during that time his power was supposed to be like his prime. Could have missed something but Idk why that's called assault mode.

How's this?

At least City level (Much stronger than Gilthunder. Effortlessly destroyed Baste Dungeo, Easily defeated Unsealed Second form Dale after he stopped holding back), higher with Demon Mark (Has a power level of 4400. Easily stomped Ba, who added Meliodas' strength to his own), Mountain level with Lostvayne (Easily slashed apart an Albio with air slashes), up to at least Mountain level with Wrath (Gained a power level of 10,300, significantly higher than Matrona, after managing to control his power), | At least Large Mountain level+ (Effortlessly defeated Base Galand, and overpowered an injured Drole), Island level with Demon Mark (Destroyed Danafor and left a large hole. Overpowered both Gloxinia and Drole with little difficulty) | At least Island level (Stronger than his previous Demon Mark and comparable to Estarossa. Stomped Derieri with little effort, and punched her ribs out), likely Large Island level with Demon Mark (Should be comparable to Sariel and Tarmiel), Large Island level+ with Assault Mode (While only partially transformed, he broke Melascula's Dark Cocoo, which neither Zeldris nor his Demon Mark could do. Casually defeated late-morning Escanor, whose power level at the time was 114,000) | Likely Large Island level (Should be comparable if not stronger than his previous Demon Mark state), at least Large Island level+, likely Small Country level with Demon Mark (Ludoshel was wary of facing him by himself without the help of Sariel and Tarmiel. He said his powers would cancel out Elizabeth's power), Small Country level with Assault Mode (Stronger than Full Power Zeldris. Zeldris implied that he could defeat The One Escanor)

ByAsura said:
Ok. Also, should Meliodas have an "At least" if Gilthunder is only 14 Megatons and not way weaker than Meliodas?
I mean Meliodas pretty much stomped Unsealed Second Form Dale who's stronger than Post-Training Gilthunder after he stopped holding back. So I think the At least is justified.

@ByAsura

yeah what you wrote above is fine, just add that stuff to the current profile, however this should be...

Mountain level with Lostvayne (Easily slashed apart an Albio with air slashes), higher with Wrath (Gained a power level of 10,300, significantly higher than Matrona, after managing to control his power)

don't need the up to at 7-A, just need a higher

Back