• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Dzhindzholia. "Possibly" or "at most" would be the safest for this case, as "possibly" indicates a hypothetical statistic that has sufficient counter-evidence, while "at most" indicates the upper cap of the character's AP.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
The "skill gap" is also bullshit. It matters not how skilful you are when you're facing an opponent thousands of times stronger. One punch and you're dead.
Unless you never land that one punch, the person punching you didn't actually want to kill you, and the scene in question is from a source with questionable scaling littered through out it.

And he is consistently portrayed as nearly comparable to Iron Man-level characters

He's shown as being unable to do any damage to them without his shield consistently. If other agree with the change, then sure, whatever. But I just don't agree with it.

Unless you never land that one punch, the person punching you didn't actually want to kill you, and the scene in question is from a source with questionable scaling littered through out it.

Never land one punch?Are you serious?He landed numerous hits and blasts on them but they were OK.Maybe he didn't want to kill Cap but Baki was still holding back and tanked a lot of hits from Tony.

@Huesito88 It's 712 Horsepower IIRC, around Wall level if we convert it to Watts.

@Qawsedf234 Iron Man could have simply knocked Cap out as well if he didn't want to kill him. Would have made his job easier. Also he could have one-shot Bucky since he wanted revenge so badly.

People are forgetting that scaling Cap to IM will lead several characters being upgraded.

Nearly everyone that doesnt have Hawkeye or Widow face would become 8A, which are they are not by any means.

Personally I'm fine with scaling Cap to the High 8-C Explosion that Deathlok barely survived (If the Calc gets accepted anyway), might even make Cap 8-B since he was said to be significantly weaker, although I don't know the gap between High 8-C and 8-B

Newendigo said:
People are forgetting that scaling Cap to IM will lead several characters being upgraded.

Nearly everyone that doesnt have Hawkeye or Widow face would become 8A, which are they are not by any means.
Hawkeye and Widow don't scale to Cap.

Red Skull, Killmonger, etc. scale to Cap as they lack their own feats.

Red Skull legit fought Cap and could draw blood from him, and Killmonger fought on par with T'Challa, who fought on par with Cap and both T'Challa and Erik survived being thrashed around by vibranium maglevs hitting speeds of over 600 kmh while their suit was getting scrambled and essentially rendered useless (Since that's the fastest ordinary maglevs can hit, AKA vibranium maglevs can go faster, and with the average maglev weighing in at 40 tons, it would generate 9-A+ levels of energy).

KLOL506 said:
Ooooooh no.

MCU peak-humans will absolutely not scale to Cap. They got clobbered by T'Challa hard.
Hawkeye did. Don't forget Black Widow's defeat by the Winter Soldier.

Man did Civil War and Coulson's comment to Deathlok throw off superhuman scaling.

Yeah, the peak humans are far weaker than enhanced humans like Cap. On the other hand enhanced humans are not that weaker than Iron Man-level characters.

Also, to note, Deathlok was apparently not at full strength and was weakened when he barely survived that High 8-C explosion, then afterwards he got upgrades and became stronger

Really gotta love the the chain scaling lmaos:

>Vulture easily overpowers Spider Man physically

>Spider Man easily stops Bucky bionic arm.

>Buckys bionic arm can squish Iron Man gauntles.

Vulture >>> Iron Man.

>Red Skull easily overpowers Cap in a short fight.

>Iron Man lands several hits in Cap head but cant even KO him.

Red Skull >> Iron Man.

>Batroc matched Cap in skill briefly.

>Tony was gettin rekt complety before analyzing Cap.

Batroc > Iron Man.

And my favorite:

>Cap could damage the armor both inside and out with pure physical strength.

>Tony cant even scorch Caps suit with full blown repulsor rays.

ClOtH >>> TiTaNiUm gOld ALLoY.

Vulture is clearly stronger than Spidey. Bucky was fighting Iron Man more seriously than against Spidey. Red Skull is around the same level as Cap, yes. Batroc is far more skilled than Iron Man, sure, but Cap rekt him when fighting more seriously. And Cap's suit is heat resistant, btw Iron Man was clearly harming Cap with his blasts.

Basically the whole argument here is based on incredulity, that those characters "could not possibly" be as strong as Iron Man, because "lol that's ridiculous". Vulture is likely to be on his level due to the fact that he is stronger than Spider-Man. Red Skull is clearly on Cap's level. Batroc is nearly comparable to Cap with skill. And Cap only damaged Iron Man's armour with his shield, which as I suggested it could be Iron Man having higher durability than strength.

I do agree that MCU power scaling is very messy (directors think the audience is stupid, I mean come on, "thanos is the most powerful being in the universe". Says the director, however, there is still dormammu, whom shown obviously multiversal feats yet they forget about him Lol!)

Anyway, back on topic, I think that maybe 7-A or high 7-A is good for iron man because his scaling to hulk and due to the fact that stark should be ahead of military artillery (I believe it was stated in the first Iron Man film) the strongest military artillery 7-B So far. Heck, it was even capable of blowing a whole in ebony maw's ship, which should be LEAGUES beyond earth artillery.

Well, I actually could find a direct quote stating that he is above all military artillery, BUT...

-Stark industries works with the US military and SHIELD

- Almost every bit of technology used in the MCU is stark industry

- Stark created the ark, in which the energy alone can power a entire base or his stark tower (with all is powerful armor.) He intended for the arc to power the world, but it's still a prototype.

- Made the Jericho missiles, a weapon that terrorists kidnapped him over and a weapon capable of such destruction BEFORE he was capable of making advance armor.

- Hulk casually recks military equipment, but iron man can still take him out. In the 2008 hulk, when abomination was attacking the city, Betty convinced general Ross that the military alone couldn't stop him, but hulk can. Ross is a high rank general, he would know what the military is capable of, but he himself agrees hulk should handle it.

Also, in the civil war movie, Ross mentioned hulks damage to multiple cities, yet, no military reported to stop him and once again, we see iron man comparable to hulk with the hulk buster armor.

And yes, I do think his weapon power should be higher than physical strength as well.

So you want to scale Tony to above nukes because other characters destroy what are water balloons in comparison? Yeah that is never getting accepted.

Yeah, I know it sounds crazy but in a way makes sense.

- That comic shown in the link was 7-C evidence for iron man. That right there is about early nuke level and that looked like iron man was in his first movie armor. Iron Man's armor has significantly improved now.

- Yes, hulk buster is stronger than his EARLY regular suits. His new suit can quickly launch itself into space without being destroyed. Also, it his made of nano technology, something even the hulk buster didn't have. It was tanking attacks from thanos (remember? Thanos sweeped hulk real good in their hand to hand fight) and rocks from titans moon.

So early suit = 7-C

Hulk Buster = 7-A

Bleeding edge > hulk buster (FRA) = High 7-A

Mark 50 scales from harming Thanos who is High 6-B

Hulkbuster 49 scales from fighting Cull Obsidian who scales from thrashing Mark 50 which is High 6-B as pointed out above.

The only early suits that would scale to the 7-C laser is the Mark 6 and 7. Every one up to 42 is fodder and is more akin to his Mark 1-5.

I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think Iron Man's later suits being weaker than the Mark 6 and 7 makes any sense at all, they just lack good feats.

I think that Matthew makes sense, but I am also very uncertain about giving Quake 7-A durability, as I think that absorbing vibrations is more a feature of her powers than durability against any physical attack

So basically someone thinks the 9-A feats are inconsistent with 9-B feats and they should be downgraded, while in this thread a number of people are suggesting an upgrade to Tier 8. Personally I agree with the latter.

Under what conditions are we upgrading Cap to 8-C again? If it's because of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., they are more like secondary canon to the movies, so I don't think we should be scaling the characters with one another, especially by a statement from Coulson and not a direct interaction.

Also, this makes every other calc on them irrelevant, and contradicts every other high end calc for Quicksilver and Spider-Man since 9-A should be their absolute limit

Zark2099 said:
Under what conditions are we upgrading Cap to 8-C again? If it's because of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Its because AoS and Spino suggesting that Cap needs to be Tier 8 to survive against Iron Man tier enemies.

And for justification for 9-B ratings:

Spider-Man and Quicksilver, by who the 9-A rating come from, achieved these from the ferry calc and hawkeye pushing calc. What isn't accounted for, is that in both of these scenarios, they are at their absolute peak, and thus shouldn't be used to scale other characters (Pete and Piet didn't intend to kill any characters and certainly weren't exherting themselves.)

That leaves the Quicksilver punch KE calc. The problem here though, is that it's assigning real world physics to a superpower. Not to mention speed is assumed and stuff like that.

The only consistent level for them should be 9-B+ after that for Cap, while 9-B for everyone else, and that seemingly is how they are usually potrayed as, not overly superior to other 9-Bs like BW and Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back