• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Looking at the calc again, I think that Spino's calc should be using the frame by frame apparent speed of the punch instead of assuming 12.5 m/s due to it being blurry, you can very clearly how much his fist moves frame by frame.

www.watchframebyframe.com/watch/yt/0lGV93jELzg

set at 30 fps

from 00:14:99 to 00:15:19 it takes 6 frames out of 30 per sec or .2 seconds for his arm to make a 90┬░ swing

the actor is 179.1

So assuming normal human body proportions (7.5 heads tall) and that his arms are at least 3 heads long you get an arm length of 71.64 cm, and to get distance you do the following (2*71.64*pi)/4 = 112.53184885159 cm traveled for a 90┬░ degree swing.

So the actual apparent speed of the punch during the scene is 5.62659244258 m/s before you account for time dilation.

(4.24*5.62~):(108.862+5.62~) = 0.20837~ and multiply by 36,657.28x for time dilation for a real speed of 7,638.522~ m/s which gives 3,175,886,586.302 joules or 0.76 tons of tnt which is back to 8-C again.

Nais, I was thinking the feat to be iffy when it hit High 8-C according to my calc, but now that you've corrected it to 8-C, should be okay to use.

AguilaR101 said:
Looking at the calc again, I think that Spino's calc should be using the frame by frame apparent speed of the punch instead of assuming 12.5 m/s due to it being blurry, you can very clearly how much his fist moves frame by frame.

www.watchframebyframe.com/watch/yt/0lGV93jELzg

set at 30 fps

from 00:14:99 to 00:15:19 it takes 6 frames out of 30 per sec or .2 seconds for his arm to make a 90┬░ swing

the actor is 179.1

So assuming normal human body proportions (7.5 heads tall) and that his arms are at least 3 heads long you get an arm length of 71.64 cm, and to get distance you do the following (2*71.64*pi)/4 = 112.53184885159 cm traveled for a 90┬░ degree swing.

So the actual apparent speed of the punch during the scene is 5.62659244258 m/s before you account for time dilation.

(4.24*5.62~):(108.862+5.62~) = 0.20837~ and multiply by 36,657.28x for time dilation for a real speed of 7,638.522~ m/s which gives 3,175,886,586.302 joules or 0.76 tons of tnt which is back to 8-C again.
Ok imma edit my blog later

YES

SPOILERS: EITRI JOINS THE AVENGERS, KORG APPARENTLY LIVES CAP WIELDS MJOLNIR HULK HAS THE GAUNTLET YADA YADA YADA

I even have the clip from the recent leak by the press

I put out the clip, I'd probably get all of us sued.

But 2012 Cap tosses his shield at Endgame Cap, then they proceed to beat the shit out of each other.

KLOL506 said:
YES
SPOILERS: EITRI JOINS THE AVENGERS, KORG APPARENTLY LIVES CAP WIELDS MJOLNIR HULK HAS THE GAUNTLET YADA YADA YADA

I even have the clip from the recent leak by the press
Cap saying Avengers Assemble finally

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
KLOL506 said:
I put out the clip, I'd probably get all of us sued.

But 2012 Cap tosses his shield at Endgame Cap, then they proceed to beat the shit out of each other.
Do you have Discord?
Yes. Let's discuss it at your message wall.

Link it here please. The Endgame thread, I mean. The spoilers can go to Discord, which you can link here instead. Thanks.

I know this was already discussed, but are we really just gonna acept that Cap's AP is 180x times lower than his durability?

It's true he didn't severely harmed anyone with his same durability, but it's not like they didn't felt his punches

Blitzedaken said:
i dont wanna get spoiled, but is there anything that mark 85 iron man does impressive thing/feats in the leak?
Not really. Mostly Captain America doing some fairly impressive stuff (for him), that probably needs a new key

AidenBrooks999 said:
I know this was already discussed, but are we really just gonna acept that Cap's AP is 180x times lower than his durability?
Not anymore, since he fought against himself. And probably wounded him too, methinks.

It's insane, I know.

I'd probably get ripped apart in the streets if I shouted it out RN

Do better against Thanos than the previous armor

"you have my respect stark, when im done half of the humanity will still exist"

i always remember that line.

Can you guys like, wait 10 days? Essentially almost all 9-As are going to be 8-Cs by that point

Everyone being 8-C only sets us back to the original issue of the massively higher tiering compared to everyone else. Now Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spider-Man, and a good majority of the verse would be upgraded to 8-C despite showing feats far beneath that.

BW scaling to Cap and gang was debunked tho, right? It was concluded that Widow wasn't able to do significant enough damage.

The counter to connective scaling was that the damage done by the character scaling from should be severe enough, and not "the other character stumbled/felt it"

Spider-Man being 8-C feels wrong though... oh well

Zark2099 said:
BW scaling to Cap and gang was debunked tho, right?
It wasn't. Unless ignoring the issue is considered debunking.

Zark2099 wrote
The counter to connective scaling was that the damage done by the character scaling from should be severe enough, and not "the other character stumbled/felt it"

Even considering that, there's still a lot more issues to consider by upgrading everyone to 8-C. That being its massively contradictory to their typical showings.

Or maybe people didn't try to continue the topic when a conclusion was reached

The characters being scaled to Cap being 8-C are WS, BP, and Red Skull. All of them are depicted in some regard comparable to Iron Man and Cap himself. I don't know where EVERY 9-B IS GETTING UPGRADED is coming from.

Scaling in MCU is wonky anyway. Cap has 8-C durability feats, and only movie to severely contradict this are CA:TWS and the first Avengers. All the others have him at equal footing to most hard hitters and only being poor in regards to general arsenal.

Also, for the twentieth time, MCU is highly inconsistent. I think we should not go for the exact, all-encompassing tier, but a generally potrayed tier, same as the comics

The characters being scaled to Cap being 8-C are WS, BP, and Red Skull

And Spider-Man, and Vulture, and Golden Jaguar, and Crossbones, and Shocker, and the entire GotG cast, and who knows who else because once you scale Cap up you scale 55% of the universe up as well.

but a generally potrayed tier

That makes no sense because he's treated as 9-B 95% of the time.

DingleberryDovah said:
With Captain America's feats all being around 9-B and 9-A, 8-C is a blatant outlier.
8-C comes from his durability from the Quicksilver punch, Deathlok and Iron Man scaling.

None of the Tier 9 feats are him at his absolute peak, so it isn't contradicting those ones.

A blatant outlier implies it ***** up the entire scaling and is completely unwarranted, which it clearly doesn't

Zark2099 said:
A blatant outlier implies it ***** up the entire scaling and is completely unwarranted, which it clearly doesn't
It does mess up the entire scaling. Unless 8-C Rocket Racoon is a consistent thing in your view.

Qawsedf234 said:
And Spider-Man, and Vulture, and Goldern Jaguar, and Crossbones, and Shocker, and the entire GotG cast, and who knows who else because once you scale Cap up you scale 55% of the universe up as well.
I get Spider-Man, Corssbones, Vulture and Killmonger (which aren't that crazy to be that level IMO), but how tf do the Guardians scale lol?

> but a generally potrayed tier

That makes no sense because he's treated as 9-B 95% of the time.

>Is on the same level as Iron Man and Ultron.

>Doesn't instantly KOs from every attack ever like Every Other Peak Human.

>Can Tank hits that are 8-C.

>9-B isn't him going all out.

Idk, 95% seems over-exxagerated. 50% should do it.

It does mess up the entire scaling. Unless 8-C Rocket Racoon is a consistent thing in your view.

An alien engineer genetically enhanced super genius being on the same level as a dude with cash. Totally ridiculous. And how does it scale again?

Anyways, I'm somewhat sick of this discussion, so I'll kind of... stop for a while, if that's okay with you.

but how tf do the Guardians scale lol?

Because literally every one of them scale to Spider-Man in some fashion. Which is one of the major reasons why they're all rated at 9-A

Is on the same level as Iron Man and Ultron.

He isn't. Via his own words he's worse than Ultron and Iron Man in one of his worst suits was still massively above him.

Idk, 95% seems over-exxagerated. 50% should do it.

The amount of 9-A and 8-C feats Cap has can be counted on one or two hands. While he has 9-B feats by the dozens. Its well past 50%.

It's not like a 9-A Racoon make much sense either.

Besides that, BW and Hawkeye definetely don't scale to cap and others (Only, arguably, Hawkeye's arrows)

Cap being a stone wall still dumb imo (Again, 180x time difference between AP and Durability, when in the latter he is superior to a almost-building-level+ character and took hits from a 8-C+ one)

Back