• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion thread 14

@Arian

I'm going to download the hachimyoujin same, I'm just afraid I'm in the living room, everything normal, I get to the eroge, my parents see and listen And you already imagine what happens after.

Or you can hold Ctrl + shift

Let you skip text even if you don't do the "skip all text even those you haven't read"

You guys already know the drill, yada yada yada, not the most confident with my translation abilities, if someone can point out mistakes(Trex/ALRF/Whomever) feel free. I took some liberties with a word or two so that it could flow better in English but I think I got the point across.

"To live with a clear purpose, would that be a fortune or a misfortune? I myself do not know the answer, even so I find myself yearning for the world that cannot be reached……. though I have yet to accomplish such a thing. To bid farewell to my ordinary everyday. You were the one who wished for that way of life to change.
It was here that wrath continued to rule, that's what her intuition had told her, that was her belief. For seven generations, for what the Shinza called world, anger itself was essential

It was something of a passport to those of the privileged class, those with a profound anger would acquire a higher position.

The Day of Wrath (Dies Irae)

There was a clear exception to this, the Goddess known as the Twilight (Tasogare)

However, that exception was synonymous to that of a Goddess of Death (Shinigami). If the rule were to be broken, that would begin the collapse.

Therefore, now is the time to reach a conclusion

The Truth (Shinga) smiles, the Remorseless (Muzan) is determined, the Morning Star tackles the riddle.

Mercury is reborn, Gold is exalted, The Moment and the Twilight paint a dream, Hajun senses his true enemy.

And finally, what is it that the Dawn (Shokou) is looking at?

On that day, all the Gods shall gather, and the curtain will be raised for the final battle.

@Arian, it's a clear machine translation.

If I had to pick an example to go through(only one, don't have much time for the rest)

õ¢òÒéÆþÑêÒéèÒÇüõ¢òÒéÆÚíÿÒüäÒÇüõ¢òÒéƵ▒éÒéüÒüªõ¢òÒü½þ©ïÒéè?

ENL8DZ4
"What is it that you pray for? What is it that you wish for? What is it that you seek? What is it that you cling on to?"
No-one even barley compotent at Japanese would read it that way, or let alone translate it like that and that's coming from a bum like me. Namley ÒÇîõ¢òÒéÆÚíÿÒüäÒÇüõ¢òÒéƵ▒éÒéüÒüªõ¢òÒü½þ©ïÒéèÒÇì , which the machine completely ignored, gave the wrong translation to and then the guy tries to pose it as an actual translation. Either the guy who's translating that stuff is just lying about his "friend" or he's getting mugged off. Either way it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I hope that others realise that machine translations are a one way ticket to butchering your reading experience and coming off as somewhat of a tool in the process

Dies irae Pantheon plot premise:

"Does living with purpose yield joy or misery?

I did not know the answer... Yet I found myself yearning for an unattainable world.

To lead an unremarkable life of peaceful mundanity, and pass away peacefully.

That is the life I wished for you. A path far different from my own.

It was a universe in which wrath was dominant.

That's what her intuition had told her.

For Seven Generations, Seven Cycles, Seven Heavens, the Throne had perpetuated itself. Sustained itself on rage.

That serves as a passport to a priviliged standing. The greater one's ire, the deeper one's indignation runs, the higher they are elevated to planes unknown. Those who held on to it, emanated it, would be the ones to brush the strokes with paint.

The Day of Wrath, Dies irae.

The Goddess known as the Twilight was a clear exception.

But that exception would ultimately reflect a Goddess of Death.

For if the rules were to be broken, that would herald the system's collapse.

Thus, the hour of reckoning has finally come.

The Truth grins, the Merciless stands tall, the Morning Star attempts to decipher the riddle.

The Mercury sheds his skin, born anew. The Gold exalts, the Ephemeral Moment and the Twilight paint dreams of peace, and Hajun senses his true enemy. But what does the Dawn look towards?

On that day, every God shall gather, and the curtain will be raised upon their final fight."

Credit to the gawd man, Reading Steiner.

If this is Masada's finale with Shinzaverse, I want it to end in the best way possible.
DlHu9mQX0AIzd8k

Theres something definitely linked to Reinhard's law that is going to be a plot key.

The name of the game carries his law. ovo (Obvious headcanon)

We don't even know if the main villains are under the juridisction of Taiji system considering it's been widly theorized to be this "outsiders" Naraka seemed to fear, shit like that or whatever the fak they are

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Any of y'all think it would be better if we separate the verse by having one made fot Shinza and another for Senshinkan by themselves?
I agree with that, even if they are written by the same guy, they're different verses.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Any of y'all think it would be better if we separate the verse by having one made fot Shinza and another for Senshinkan by themselves?
I agree, "Masadaverse" makes no sense, they are 2 different verses Shinza Banshou/Kami-Sama series and Senshinkan (even though Dies irae is mentioned in Senshinkan)

I'm just asking for thoughts here if we should, though I was thinking more along the lines of how Nasu's verse page here includes not only Fate but others not related to it and has its own setting of sorts...or I think that's how it is. Setting as in not as a whole as I think they're all connected but have their plots set in their own world kind.

Though Masada's is very clear with the only connection between them is DI itself being an arcade/video game in Senshinkan.

(Shrugs)

Aye. Although to make it a bit easier, and I'm likely to be the one to do this out of everyone here anyways, we could just rename "Masadaverse" to "Shinza Bansho" while having Senshinkan itself being the one to get it's own verse page by itself given it has its own setting independent to that of Shinza's.

If we do that, however, are we going to do the Shinza works like how things have been done for Nasu's Fate works and others (Tsukihime, KnK, etc.) which leads to making pages like "Dies Irae (Verse)" or "Paradise Lost (Verse)" or like that or just leave everything as is minus the Senshinkan part?

I have a semester going on right now but I can try to see how I can work with the Shinza bit and Senshinkan one some other time later unless there's a slightly better idea to this?

Didn't the Throne immediately expand though?

It's not that nothing can be outside the Throne, its that if anything appeas outside the Throne then the Throne eats it.

Unless Naraka is intentionally stopping it from eating the outsiders like Merc did with the Twilight Beach I guess.

Taikyoku is as likely to be as relevant to gameplay as Hercule's God Hand and Karna's armor is in FGO, in story the villian is likely something that exists beyond Taikyoku considering its making Naraka worry about it, and their Taikyoku is likely to be equalised so that all the characters, probably including the non-god charcaters as well, get to play a part in the story.

Edit: Probably so, I guess. Though if the "villain" in question is just existing beyond Taikyoku, wouldn't they just be a higher degree of where they are anyways?

That's how I'm understanding that comment if I'm reading it right.

Edit note: Yeah, I read at least that part wrong about going "beyond Taikoyku" but rather just existing beyond it. Sorry on the bad wording.

Maybe the protagonist is going to make all the gods part of his own legion, so they all are buffed to his level?

And then that level is what the constant Taikyoku value for the rest of the game is.

Back