• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also the scaling would be a bit unusual, doesn't Doom's armor separate him from the physical world or something? Nobody (of his level) ever cracks his armor when harming him, let alone let him unconscious, maybe his armor is just that durable, he inside it can be harmed by less, and those wonky "defensive systems" it has do what they can to keep Doom fine when higher impacts reach him.
On the topic of his durability, to quote myself from this thread:
  • How he can "easily take a beating from the Thing" doesn't pointed out how he still gets harmed by it, it shouldn't be as "likely higher"
  • The attack he took from Galactus should be removed as Galactus was just expeling Doom out of his ship while also feeling like harming Doom on it. He wasn't trying to kill him as he put on the effort to kick him out. How Doom was left after this happened was a very important part of that feat and we also just so happen to ignore.
  • The punch that sent him flying around the planet is cool and all but notat his level
  • The attack he barely survived from Thanos w/ the IG was with a Thanos who was playing around and how was harmed by a kick from Spider-Man, and tagged by the latter and Wolverine as he was fighting/toying everyone at once.
  • Thor was going easy on Doom in Secret Wars and leaved the fight a bit later, Doom's forcefields taking his attack shouldn't go in the "higher" for it.
See I don't know any real instances to contradicting this, but at the same time I do vaguely remember this not being as prominent a thing. Your evidences seem solid, so maybe for now I'll be willing to buy this, but if any contradictions arise I will be asking for a downgrade ASAP

I noticed that the Trion Juggernaut has matter manipulation and energy manipulation. Where did those abilities come from? I don't remember him demonstrating them during the story. They should probably be removed.
There is this as well.

Hi. Sorry to bust in but since this thread is about feats/statements I found the following reading X-Men #2 (2021) yesterday.

Jean says that Sunfire is a mutant with power of a star and he destroyed the Annihilation Wave that was sent to Earth.

Can this be used in any way?

Hi. Sorry to bust in but since this thread is about feats/statements I found the following reading X-Men #2 (2021) yesterday.

Jean says that Sunfire is a mutant with power of a star and he destroyed the Annihilation Wave that was sent to Earth.

Can this be used in any way?

that High 6A at best.

...isn't that 4-B and not... any other tier?

In general I think Sunfire page needs to be remade, like, have you seen it recently?
I would still appreciate help with this.
I mean I don't think any other page is like this, except maybe Sentry stuff, which I'll have to recheck greatly
There is this as well.
Sure :v

In general does Trion Juggernaut fit our key guidelines?

...isn't that 4-B and not... any other tier?

In general I think Sunfire page needs to be remade, like, have you seen it recently?
Sunfire has never demonstrated the raw power to even blow up planets. We preferably need calculations of his greatest feats. Also, the regular energy output from our Sun per second is somewhere in tier 6 if I remember correctly.
I mean I don't think any other page is like this, except maybe Sentry stuff, which I'll have to recheck greatly
I would appreciate if you check through all of the relevant Marvel pages that you or others edited very recently.
Sure :v

In general does Trion Juggernaut fit our key guidelines?
Good point. We should remove the statistics key then.

We cannot use guesswork for the durability of a bunch of Mindless Ones without further context.

Anyways in general I think we should probably delete Sunfire's file.

It looks like it hasn't been updated in years, contains zero proofing, and just straight up has tiers that don't exist anymore.

Also, can I apply at least the tiering suggestions in the OP? Everyone seems to have accepted them, except the Cyclops one, which I guess I won't list.

Anyways in general I think we should probably delete Sunfire's file.

It looks like it hasn't been updated in years, contains zero proofing, and just straight up has tiers that don't exist anymore.
That seems fine to me.
Also, can I apply at least the tiering suggestions in the OP? Everyone seems to have accepted them, except the Cyclops one, which I guess I won't list.
Okay. That seems fine as well.

All the revisions in the OP have been applied, currently what's left for discussion is Doom's armor durability suggestion by Eficiente, and I guess Blue Marvel and Anti-Man upgrades.

Already gave my input on the former, and latter... I genuinely think Sentry's claim stating Anti-Man was one of the strongest things he faced, should legitimately given him a 4-B rating.

For Doom's durability: Large Island level (Doom insade the armor survives attacks on this level either relatively fine or harmed while running the risk of being killed, but the armor itself is more durable. He can take blows from the Thing [and other characters maybe, in the other thread linked above I already showed how the FF should scale]) to Country level (His armor is at this level and Doom has survived unconscious and with minor cracks being near an explosion over a part of the moon)

I don't know if there exists any in-universe explanation we should add in too.

Again though they're only being listed for scaling purposes, we have made it clear across multiple threads, hell even this one, that it's genuinely not what we think their base form is.

She-Hulk and the Champion of the Universe also have straight High 6-C ratings, which seems like severe understatements. So we will need to gradually fix that as well.

Again though they're only being listed for scaling purposes, we have made it clear across multiple threads, hell even this one, that it's genuinely not what we think their base form is.
Anyway, this is correct, yes.

Shouldn't a note be added to the relevant profiles to reflect this? At the moment, the sentiment is not immediately obvious.
All the characters should have their restraint tiers matchbanned. It leads to unfair representation and SBA wonkyness. We ONLY list them on files for indexing purposes exclusively.
I mean yes, that is indeed the plan :v

I mean in that case I kinda have to question why we have that listed at all.
It's fine to say "scaling purposes" but it's still something that you could project by just putting a note on the profile and scaling people to their own feats.

Either way it's not obvious at the moment

She-Hulk and the Champion of the Universe also have straight High 6-C ratings, which seems like severe understatements. So we will need to gradually fix that as well.
What are their feats, if anyone can recall?

Champion of the Universe, uhhh I think Nebula and by proxy a few Guardians of the Galaxy members scale to, She-Hulk, dependent on context, can scale to ALOT of people.

For the record I will remind you all that we're accepting better replacement feats till 5-A.
It's fine to say "scaling purposes" but it's still something that you could project by just putting a note on the profile and scaling people to their own feats.
At that moment iirc, Surfer and Thor had mechanics present to lower their strength level accordingly.
...help is appreciated. Like, seriously. I am the only one doing Marvel revisions right now and applying them.

Shouldn't a note be added to the relevant profiles to reflect this? At the moment, the sentiment is not immediately obvious.
A note in the main verse page that we are currently in the process of gradually revising the verse might be a good idea at least.

Last edited:
What are their feats, if anyone can recall?

Champion of the Universe, uhhh I think Nebula and by proxy a few Guardians of the Galaxy members scale to, She-Hulk, dependent on context, can scale to ALOT of people.
The Champion was able to give the Silver Surfer a prolonged challenge without the Power Gem.

Exactly, we can do general scaling or whatever but we should also scale characters via their feats as it's safer that way.

For the record I will remind you all that we're accepting better replacement feats till 5-A.

At that moment iirc, Surfer and Thor had mechanics present to lower their strength level accordingly.
Could you elaborate?
I know Thor doesn't hit as hard on Earth or against Earthly foes but that's him pulling punches; not lessening his power passively unless he stopped playing around.

We know Hulk does and Surfer might do because of the Power Cosmic but what about Beta Ray Bill? What about Hercules?
...help is appreciated. Like, seriously. I am the only one doing Marvel revisions right now and applying them.
Ok so open the pages and I can add a Note for you on the needed pages (do you want everyone or just the ones who we're keeping at 5-A?)
If you need people to apply revisions then make a thread calling for volunteers

Could you elaborate?
I know Thor doesn't hit as hard on Earth or against Earthly foes but that's him pulling punches; not lessening his power passively unless he stopped playing around.
In practice it works like that tho, their durability being affected will not be apparent otherwise
Surfer might do because of the Power Cosmic
He does, yeah
but what about Beta Ray Bill? What about Hercules?
Same logic as Thor
Ok so open the pages and I can add a Note for you on the needed pages (do you want everyone or just the ones who we're keeping at 5-A?)
The ones with no variable tiers, yeah. Add the matchban and the "incorrect representation".

Then again you're proposing dropping High 6-C off Thor and co.'s file, right? That'll change the note ALOT
If you need people to apply revisions then make a thread calling for volunteers
I mean... this thread exists. I was planning on doing it alongside Doom revisions since I'll get all pages unlocked at once.
Even Nova (the weakest Galactus herald) was able to casually detonate stars under the same writer and time period.
Surfer is like, stated to be a SUPER pacifistic character though. Can you point me to the issue? If it's a serious Surfer it seems to be scaleable

Here:

In practice it works like that tho, their durability being affected will not be apparent otherwise
Again, it feels like a contrivance and it can lead to huge misconeptions
I just think advising not to scale characters to Thor and top tiers like him would be better
He does, yeah
Can I get a scan for that?
Same logic as Thor
I'm not an expert on Hercules but I can't recall him saying he holds back as much as Thor
The ones with no variable tiers, yeah. Add the matchban and the "incorrect representation".
Sweet, maybe something like
Note 1: Do not attempt to use the High 6-C Statistics for (insert name here) in Versus Threads
  • They are intended solely for indexing purposes
  • It can create misconceptions around their power

Then again you're proposing dropping High 6-C off Thor and co.'s file, right? That'll change the note ALOT
Note: Do not attempt to scale characters to Thor without sufficient evidence; he regularly holds back
(maybe bullet points for statements?)
I mean... this thread exists. I was planning on doing it alongside Doom revisions since I'll get all pages unlocked at once.
I'm referring more to getting experts together to discuss the revisions before putting them out there (like the Star Wars thread Asura runs)

Here:

I don't think it was a serious surfer. He overpowered the champion easily once he got a little serious

I just think advising not to scale characters to Thor and top tiers like him would be better
I think it leads to many characters being rendered featless. So I disagree.
Can I get a scan for that?
Here and here
I'm not an expert on Hercules but I can't recall him saying he holds back as much as Thor
He doesn't directly, he insinuates multiple times however he gets serious against opponents who are quite strong.
Sweet, maybe something like
Works
Note: Do not attempt to scale characters to Thor without sufficient evidence; he regularly holds back
We list the statement in Standard Tactics :v
I'm referring more to getting experts together to discuss the revisions before putting them out there (like the Star Wars thread Asura runs)

Did that.

Pray Tell: who would be featless?
Also if characters have no feats for themselves (or at least any scaling that doesn't involve characters who they're magnitudes weaker then), they probably shouldn't have profiles
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/682850548508262420/760942083846176768/RCO023.jpg
He doesn't directly, he insinuates multiple times however he gets serious against opponents who are quite strong.
That definitely feels a bit cheap to me; we've got tons of character who aren't immediately serious unless their foes are strong enough and we don't list them as having such a huge variation in power.

I also have to question who we decide is "quite strong" considering characters like Ares don't seem to scale (his page is very bad0
We list the statement in Standard Tactics :v
I know; I'm saying maybe we could put the list here or note the list in the standard tactics

RCO017.jpg

RCO018.jpg

RCO019.jpg

I think Silver Surfer is very blatantly overpowering Champion here, Champion gets a few hits in as Surfer informs him of his true might, and once he uses it, he clearly defeat him (Champion seems to only survive by Surfer's will here, considering he very well plans to interrogate him)

Last edited:
Keep the attitude in check. You'd be the first to complain otherwise.

Mostly folks who have specific attacks that harm Thor, like Nick Fury, Grey Gargoyle, Winter Soldier, and the like. There are also characters that have very few scalings otherwise, like Man-Thing.
Also if characters have no feats for themselves (or at least any scaling that doesn't involve characters who they're magnitudes weaker then), they probably shouldn't have profiles
Your opinion. Vehemently disagree with this.
?
That definitely feels a bit cheap to me; we've got tons of character who aren't immediately serious unless their foes are strong enough
Like?
and we don't list them as having such a huge variation in power.
We don't?
I also have to question who we decide is "quite strong" considering characters like Ares don't seem to scale (his page is very bad0
Because his page is very bad, yes. Likely when I was applying the revisions certain characters had garbage filemaking with "bro trust me" evidences.

You can work to fix it.
I know; I'm saying maybe we could put the list here or note the list in the standard tactics
Seems unnecessary.

This'll make some characters completely featless tho :v
The one's who don't have can scale to the other characters they are consistently shown to be on par with or can keep up with them on a H2H. And I don't think any marvel character is featless.i
I was actually the one who did.
This also works.

Works well, we shouldn't even scale characters to those who are shown to consistently hold back.
Like which marvel characters to be precise?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/682850548508262420/760942083846176768/RCO023.jpg
Precisely, it's weird comic book characters exist without feat or consistent scaling.

Mostly folks who have specific attacks that harm Thor, like Nick Fury, Grey Gargoyle, Winter Soldier, and the like. There are also characters that have very few scalings otherwise, like Man-Thing.
This characters have specific attacks that can harm Thor so we can scale via the attacks the could harm Thor or not consider them at all of it's not consistent and some might be via hax.

Back