• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Nova's feat during the Annihilation event, for example.

didn't that have a 4-A calc too? What happened to that?

In any case, that would create a new scaling chain that goes like this;
  • Annihilation > Nova > Quasar >Spidey's last key (sus justifications) = Kaines' 4-B

I think that the calculation blog had both a low 4-A and a high 4-B end result, but that we picked 4-B because it was more consistent with our character statistics at the time. So maybe that isn't the best example. There is still the Binary/Quasar star-purging feat, as well as Gladiator being briefly knocked out by a supernova-level explosion when at a high level of confidence, though.

I think that it was an exploding Skrull spaceship in the John Byrne Fantastic Four story that established Gladiator as a powerhouse.

eh, john bryne was nearly fifty years ago. things change since then. his new feats/scaling is obviously better

I think this story happened around 1984 actually, but it was still a long time ago.

Never mind. The story was released in December 1982, so it is over 39 years old now.

So should I start downgrading the ones who no longer need to be 4-B?

Also ancient one and clea loses their 4-B and becomes straight up 2-A. So I need that unlocked ig

So should I start downgrading the ones who no longer need to be 4-B?
Downgrading? How so, and which profile pages would be affected?
Also ancient one and clea loses their 4-B and becomes straight up 2-A. So I need that unlocked ig
Why should Doctor Strange/The Ancient One/Clea/Mordo, etcetera, lose their variable tiers?

Why should Doctor Strange/The Ancient One/Clea/Mordo, etcetera, lose their variable tiers?
Why would they lose their variable tier?

Doc strange doesn't have 4-B but we forgot to change the scaling on ancient one's file. And clea's file should likely be deleted.

Why would they lose their variable tier?

Doc strange doesn't have 4-B but we forgot to change the scaling on ancient one's file. And clea's file should likely be deleted.
Okay. My apologies for the misunderstanding. That is probably fine then.

Clea's page seems to be of pretty good quality though. Isn't it better to improve on it instead?

Clea's page seems to be of pretty good quality though. Isn't it better to improve on it instead?
it is simply missing far too much and the references aren't good enough either, unfortunately.

It largely seems fine to me, but traditionally Gilgamesh was supposed to be comparable to Thor and Hercules during fights. He has nowhere near their scale of feats though.
yeah, he will scale to his own baseline 5-B feat at peak. his fight against thor doesn't seem that impressive to me.

Okay. That is probably fine then, but I would much prefer to keep an improved version of Clea's profile, as she is quite likeable and notable, especially if we are going to keep characters like Satana, who is both obscure and a thoroughly vile and disgusting concept.

Thank you. Clea is a very nice character, yes. She grew up in a tyrannical hellhole, but didn't let that crush her spirit, and turned into a heroic freedom fighter anyway.

Also, about Satana: I so thoroughly despise the concept of perverting love into seduction to eat the souls of innocent people, and then somehow treating the perpetrator as an empowered feminist hero in combination, that I would much prefer to get rid of the character from our wiki. Both she and the writers who support her are thoroughly sickening disgusting people.

Okay. Thank you.

What should we do about Satana? Is it fine if I get rid of her? I do not want to help promote something like her as a role model to a large audience.

Its better to asks Armor, he worked hard on those pages.

While personally I don't much care for it, I don't think it's fair to delete this one while Japanese files and verses with objectively worser messages/plot are left around.

treating the perpetrator as an empowered feminist hero in combination
They don't. I've read every single issue she's in and that is barely ever the case. At most she's treated as a more comedic villain or a honorable one, but she's always completely self-interested. Plus even if it were the case, we really shouldn't start deleting profiles based on our opinion of what they contain, that is an incredibly slippery slope and one I strongly disagree with.
that I would much prefer to get rid of the character from our wiki.
No offense but I've put too much time into the Hellstrom family to agree with that.

(And for the record, the succubus is an incredibly common stereotype so if your issue is with that you would have to delete many more pages)

(Also, as Confluctor said, we have profiles for media that contains far worse "messages" than even your interpretation of Satana)

I do not recall profile pages of even worse concepts than Satana that treat the characters in questions as heroes and feminist icons in combination. Even "Redo of Healer" (which is still obviously thoroughly disgusting) pales in comparison.

Anyway, I still hate everything that the character represents, but suppose that I am outvoted.

But... Satana isn't a hero. She's a villain, or at best a self-interested and hedonistic neutral character. And she definitely isn't a feminist icon, if anything she's often fanservice aimed primarily at men.

In any case, I will start downgrading those that don't belong on the scaling chain

I need the following unlocked please:
Hank Pym (Marvel Comics)
Ancient One (Marvel Comics)
Clea (Marvel Comics)
King Hyperion
Anti-Man (Marvel Comics)
Blue Marvel
Magik
Absorbing Man

I need the following unlocked please:
Hank Pym (Marvel Comics)
Ancient One (Marvel Comics)
Clea (Marvel Comics)
King Hyperion
Anti-Man (Marvel Comics)
Blue Marvel
Magik
Absorbing Man
I will handle it. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Maybe I have partially misunderstood then. It is the whole soul-eating mind-controlling seductress part. It is an extremely evil concept, no matter how writers may try to frame it.

I have also been triggered by how Marvel have handled several of its characters that have committed irredeemably evil acts.

Just a few examples:

The White Queen is a smug and haughty supremacist systematic torturer and serial-mind rapist, but is still treated as a hero now.

Mystique is an extremely gleefully sadistic, thrill-killing mass-murdering, treacherous, lying, manipulative, duplicitious, and hypocritical psychopathic genocidal supremacist and rapist, who also threw her own baby down a waterfall to save her own skin. She is somehow treated as a leader of the mutant community now, and many attempts have been made over the years to justify her actions or make her sympathetic.

Apocalypse is an example of somebody who didn't think that Adolf Hitler went nearly far enough in his views and actions. Marvel has somehow still decided that it was a good idea to try to portray him in a sympathetic light recently.

Mister Sinister is a character built on the premise of "Doctor Mengele didn't go nearly far enough" instead, and he is now treated as a perfectly acceptable leader of the X-Men without anybody raising an eyebrow.

Thanos is a casually omnicidal thrill-killing psychopathic nihilist and necrophile, but he has still starred in his own stories where he was treated as an anti-hero.

And the basic concept of the X-Men has basically turned into: "We are a a bunch of superhumans/over-people who are somehow oppressed by all of the regular powerless/"worthless" poor people, even though many of us regularly commit unfathomably cruel and sadistic acts of murder or violation against them, and we never take them to task for it. Please feel sorry for us. We cannot help that we are all so much better than the rest of you."

So yeah, Marvel Comics' moral center has seemingly gone straight to hell, as far as I can tell.
Who cares
We're here to argue tiers and abilities dude, not to hear you rant about Marvel's writing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back