• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of everyone jumping to 3-C, thor and surfer are 2 of the strongest heroes and they have a tendency to hold back a lot. Thor specifically will never go out against a mortal, which essentially means anyone that isn't a cosmic or god (and he even hold back against his fellow asgardians at times).
So which characters do you consider that wouldn't have to scale to 3-C?

So which characters do you consider that wouldn't have to scale to 3-C?
Easier to do it the other way around. Thanos would upscale from surfer and scale to thor (blood and thunder), and so does everyone who consistently scales to him (adam, magus). Then a bunch of thor villains like loki or the destroyer armor, and those who scale from them. Plus sentry, who shouldn't be used to scale due to his variable ap, galactus scaling above SS, ego from galactus and thor, the Phoenix gun from ego. And that's it, the others lack any indication that they can fight a serious thor/SS, some even got stomped when thor went all out against them. Drax and black bolt can work but the former clearly has a consistency issue and the latter would be depending on a single, downscaling feat.

Not a fan of everyone jumping to 3-C, thor and surfer are 2 of the strongest heroes and they have a tendency to hold back a lot. Thor specifically will never go out against a mortal, which essentially means anyone that isn't a cosmic or god (and he even hold back against his fellow asgardians at times).
Don't know what you mean. As the people scaling to 3-C right now have consistently shown to be comparable if not above Thor and Surfer.

Yeah what they said. I didn't go through their relevant comics and feats only to find out they wouldn't scale there. The people here can most definitely scale.

As we agreed, nova and Annihilus can scale to their own scaling, so I gotta remove them from here. But the rest deserves to be there.

Also on that note, I forgot to update Groot to unknown.

Anyway, this is largely irrelevant to the thread at the end.

Back to important stuff; I was thinking of creating a 5-B scaling chain from Gilgamesh, which will tie into Hyperion's 5-B (he will be the upper end of the chain). This could potentially effect the following;
  1. Gilgamesh
  2. Ikaris
  3. Thena
  4. Sersi
  5. Blue Marvel
  6. Carol
  7. America Chavez
  8. Anti man
  9. King Hyperion - upscales from BM
  10. Hyperion (avengers) (he can upscale from this value and also scale to his own 5-B feat)
  11. Hyperion (squadron Supreme) - scales directly to Ikaris, if not above him. And has been a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
  12. Hyperion (squadron sinister) - due to being a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
I would also like for wonder man to be part of it, but I will wait and see what you guys thing

1. Blue Marvel
  2. Carol
  3. America Chavez
  4. Anti man
  5. King Hyperion - upscales from BM
  6. Hyperion (avengers) (he can upscale from this value and also scale to his own 5-B feat)
  7. Hyperion (squadron Supreme) - scales directly to Ikaris, if not above him. And has been a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
  8. Hyperion (squadron sinister) - due to being a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
So I’m guessing 1-5 here scale to the Hyperions that scale to Gilgamesh?

Also I’d like to note that Carol does have a feat of beating up Grey Hulk, which would support 5-B… but we also run into a bit of an issue because her High 6-C feat is what all the High 6-Cs currently scale to. So unless we’re upping all High 6-Cs to 5-B, we’d need a new feat for them, like Doom’s 6-B calc or something.

Yes, that's correct, lemme expand more on the chain.

Gilgamesh with the 5-B feat upscales from Ikaris, thena and sersi. Ikaris fought Hyperion Squadron Supreme and then he fought the squadron sinister version. Hyperion squadron Supreme also fought king Hyperion, but he was far weaker in comparison. Blue marvel fought king Hyperion, and also anti man. Carol and Chavez scales to him. And then there is Hyperion (Avengers) who fought blue marvel briefly. He can scale to his own planet lifting feats and upscale heavily from everyone else here.

Ahh... I thought it was from her early days.

Anyway, that seems like a pretty casual thing to me 🤔

What a pain

But re scaling needs to happen. Preferably to their own feats idk

We should probably finsih this part quickly so we can deal with the 3-C scaling. Or else both are gonna be left unfinished

Tbf, Doom's classic armor is a bit different, once his hands were shown to have a heater-looking thing that gave him Ice Manip (FF vol1 23), which his current armor doesn't have or we would see it, and it used to have a time limit to have much he could survive in space.

But yes, scaling to Doom's armor is alright.

Okay, cool. Is there an easy way to see all the Marvel characters that currently scale to High 6-C? I’d like to make a list of those who’d be changed to 6-B.

Apparently there is a way with some code or some such, but not sure how to do it myself. I will ask someone

Did a quick search and found a couple examples of Ben damaging Doom’s armor.
So scaling him to 6-B should be all good, and a majority of the current High 6-Cs scale off of him. (Also should this get its own CRT or is it fine to do it here?)
it's not fine to do here, feats an outlier because Doom gets knocked out for a week doing it and its PISey as shit.

I said right then and there that if shit contradicts the feat I'm gonna yeet it, and there we go.

If Imp-ress is gone doesn't mean you can do AN ENTIRE ******* RESCALE OFF OF ONLY ONE STAFF MEMBER'S INPUT.

Where the absolute **** is that standard, Tracer, are you actually insane???

First of all, calm down.

Second of all, two staff members approved of the idea of scaling from Doom’s armor.

Third of all, I was literally going to make a sandbox with everyone that’d scale and post it here to get more input. I was not going to just go apply it.

Being derailing doesn't either, make your own thread over Thing tier and discuss this there.

Confluctor's judgement is wrong over this matter, this thread is getting dragged out over nothing.

Don't think I have accepted anything (100% anyway), and pretty sure I have made it crystal clear multiple times in the past that my opinion on below 4bs should be ignored ¯\(ツ)

Anyway, we should probably return to the original discussion stuff;
  • Hulk's LS issue, which ties with Lockjaw's tiering issue.
  • Eternals ratings
Back to important stuff; I was thinking of creating a 5-B scaling chain from Gilgamesh, which will tie into Hyperion's 5-B (he will be the upper end of the chain). This could potentially effect the following;
  1. Gilgamesh
  2. Ikaris
  3. Thena
  4. Sersi
  5. Blue Marvel
  6. Carol
  7. America Chavez
  8. Anti man
  9. King Hyperion - upscales from BM
  10. Hyperion (avengers) (he can upscale from this value and also scale to his own 5-B feat)
  11. Hyperion (squadron Supreme) - scales directly to Ikaris, if not above him. And has been a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
  12. Hyperion (squadron sinister) - due to being a pain in the ass for non-4-B Thor.
I would also like for wonder man to be part of it, but I will wait and see what you guys think

I don't agree with Sinister Hyperion getting it if the only reasoning is "gave trouble to Thor", I feel like most High 6-Cs can reach that level with that logic
He also scales to squadron Supreme Hyperion. He was Ultimately killed but they were almost equally matched

I personally do not mind an in-between tier of 5-B scaled from The Forgotten One (the Marvel version of Gilgamesh was later retconned to be a separate character closer to the mythological demigod, in a Hercules storyline) to characters comparable to him in power, such as the Hyperions, Blue Marvel, Anti-Man, Wonder Man, etcetera.

I personally do not mind an in-between tier of 5-B scaled from The Forgotten One (the Marvel version of Gilgamesh was later retconned to be a separate character closer to the mythological demigod, in a Hercules storyline) to characters comparable to him in power, such as the Hyperions, Blue Marvel, Anti-Man, Wonder Man, etcetera.
What do you think @The_Impress ?

Didn't know something knocked Doom for a week, we should very much see what anti-feats he has. The ones I'm aware of are only of him not being Herald level (+ one where he would die from Torch's supernova burning the surface of the Earth) or much lower ones that are inapplicable.

What do you think @The_Impress ?
It’s fine idrm
This seems to have been accepted then, but we need to decide which characters that should scale to 5-B, and if they should get a "High 6-C when holding back" tier as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back