• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Cosmology Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Marvel already have an ongoing cosmology revision or has one in the works? Why are we trying to bullrush all of this in such a disorganized manner in this thread instead of discussing it in the General Discussion thread that we have for Marvel Comics related stuff?

Doesn't Marvel already have an ongoing cosmology revision or has one in the works? Why are we trying to bullrush all of this in such a disorganized manner in this thread instead of discussing it in the General Discussion thread that we have for Marvel Comics related stuff?

Anyway, I doubt that anything will happen based on this thread alone, but would greatly appreciate help with setting up a knowledgeable cosmology investigations and revisions group. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Agreed. This is too disorganised. It is better if we just try to decide which scans/stories that we can continue to scale from, and which that are too unreliable, and should be removed.

Confluctor still retired?
He's effecitvely gone from the wiki.
Yes, with Impress and Confluctor gone, my impression is that our organisation for sensible Marvel Comics revisions have been going very badly and largely been driven by a need for upgrades rather than meticulous accuracy.

On behalf of Lucifer and dc fans and after the last dc downgrade, I can't find any other purpose other than the owner's wanting to create confusion by distorting and playing with words, as it is an effort to do his rite to Marvel, the author does not write a comic book magazine with wsbattels' layering system, he writes with his own basic rules , even if there is a word there, even if there are some unrelated relationships there is now a canonical law for that story, and by the way, is the r>f rule btw really this rule you've been waiting for? While there is not enough openness to reach every layer without connection in comics, things can be accomplished, especially in Marvel, there is no such thing as unreachable. In the story, even the human can reach extremes without any explanation.

On behalf of Lucifer and dc fans and after the last dc downgrade, I can't find any other purpose other than the owner's wanting to create confusion by distorting and playing with words, as it is an effort to do his rite to Marvel, the author does not write a comic book magazine with wsbattels' layering system, he writes with his own basic rules , even if there is a word there, even if there are some unrelated relationships there is now a canonical law for that story, and by the way, is the r>f rule btw really this rule you've been waiting for? While there is not enough openness to reach every layer without connection in comics, things can be accomplished, especially in Marvel, there is no such thing as unreachable. In the story, even the human can reach extremes without any explanation.
It seems like you are expressing frustration about the way that certain DC Comics storylines have been written and the way that characters are portrayed. It is important to remember that comic books, like all forms of media, are works of fiction and are created for entertainment purposes. Different writers and artists may have different approaches to storytelling and character development, and it is normal for there to be differences in interpretation and continuity within a franchise. Ultimately, it is up to the creators of the comic books to determine the direction of the storylines and the portrayal of the characters. As a fan, it is okay to have your own opinions and preferences, but it is important to respect the creative decisions of the people who are creating the content.

It seems like you are expressing frustration about the way that certain DC Comics storylines have been written and the way that characters are portrayed. It is important to remember that comic books, like all forms of media, are works of fiction and are created for entertainment purposes. Different writers and artists may have different approaches to storytelling and character development, and it is normal for there to be differences in interpretation and continuity within a franchise. Ultimately, it is up to the creators of the comic books to determine the direction of the storylines and the portrayal of the characters. As a fan, it is okay to have your own opinions and preferences, but it is important to respect the creative decisions of the people who are creating the content.
I definitely think I've been misunderstood or using the wrong sentence form.
What I really wanted to say was that the fans were trying to take revenge on Marvel with the dc downgrade. basically what they advocate is just simple philosophy and word games

What I really wanted to say was that the fans were trying to take revenge on Marvel with the dc downgrade. basically what they advocate is just simple philosophy and word games
It is not productive or healthy to try to “take revenge” on any particular media franchise or its fans. It is important to remember that media, including comic books, are created for entertainment purposes and that different people will have different opinions about what they enjoy. Rather than trying to seek revenge or cause conflict, it is better to focus on finding and enjoying media that speaks to you personally. It is okay to have preferences and to express them, but it is essential to do so respectfully and to recognize that other people may have different opinions.

It is not productive or healthy to try to “take revenge” on any particular media franchise or its fans. It is important to remember that media, including comic books, are created for entertainment purposes and that different people will have different opinions about what they enjoy. Rather than trying to seek revenge or cause conflict, it is better to focus on finding and enjoying media that speaks to you personally. It is okay to have preferences and to express them, but it is essential to do so respectfully and to recognize that other people may have different opinions.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the words I use 'revenge' is not an insult, slang or anything like that, it is not something that can be perceived as sarcasm even in the sentence I am using right now, you think very seriously.

I marvel downgrade was eventually gonna happen and looking at the OP profile and all o heavily doubt his a fan of DC either plus it dosen't matter if he has brought all the proof needed for the downgrade.
What is this conversation?
Yusuf is just derailing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the words I use 'revenge' is not an insult, slang or anything like that, it is not something that can be perceived as sarcasm even in the sentence I am using right now, you think very seriously.
While the term “revenge” may not be destined as an insult or slang, it is a strong word that can have negative connotations. Seeking revenge usually implies a desire to harm or get back at someone or something in response to a perceived wrong. This type of behavior is not productive or healthy and can lead to further conflict and negative consequences. Rather than focusing on revenge, it is better to try to find more positive and constructive ways to deal with conflicts and to move forward in a positive direction.

To be honest, I don't understand why it's getting so deep right now, if anyone in authority thinks I'm being aggressive with the way I speak, they can tell me because for some reason it feels like I'm speaking quite normally.

I dont think asgard is high 1b . It simple exists outside the mortal universe in pocket dimension

Even if Marvel doesn’t have a proper high 1b statements it won’t effect 1A entities due to the fact that Oblivion exists beyond all lvls of space and time outside the eternity as explained in defenders story where dormammu defeats Multi eternity with some plot inducted stupidity.

Marvel heralds like Thor and Hulk on the other hand deserves a downgrade. Most of the feats shown in the profile are extremely vague and unquantifiable.

Strongly agreed.

Marvel heralds like Thor and Hulk on the other hand deserves a downgrade. Most of the feats shown in the profile are extremely vague and unquantifiable.
Yes, I think so as well. I think that @Eficiente is doing research for our Marvel Comics power rankings, so if any of you are willing to help him speed things up by following his instructions, you are very welcome to do so by contacting him via private messages in this forum.

So what is conclusion of this thread?
Well, I think that we should remove the blatantly debunked scans as justifications from our Marvel Comics character profile pages, and likely add footnote explanations to those pages regarding why the scans are unacceptable to use, in order to avoid lots of future repetition.

Well, I think that we should remove the blatantly debunked scans as justifications from our Marvel Comics character profile pages, and likely add footnote explanations to those pages regarding why the scans are unacceptable to use, in order to avoid lots of future repetition.
I thought a better well made thread will be made later on it since this thread seems kinda like a mess to some members.

Yes, it is very messy.

Is somebody willing to read through it and write down the reasoning for us to disregard certain scans that we currently scale from in a single post here please? If it is good enough, it can be reposted in an entirely new content revision thread that can then be linked to here.

Even if Marvel doesn’t have a proper high 1b statements it won’t effect 1A entities due to the fact that Oblivion exists beyond all lvls of space and time outside the eternity as explained in defenders story where dormammu defeats Multi eternity with some plot inducted stupidity.
Don't new rules says transcending space time isn't 1-A? Have seen a lot of characters scaled to 1-A via using that, seems to be too vague to jump into high tiers.

I don't know why Obvilion need avatars/aspects just to destroy a multiverse? (like Chaos King)

Iirc, chaos king is an aspect of obv, and aspects got most of power of true form, but still can't even destroy a universe with easily.

1-A obv seems fuzzy.

Don't new rules says transcending space time isn't 1-A? Have seen a lot of characters scaled to 1-A via using that, seems to be too vague to jump into high tiers.

I don't know why Obvilion need avatars/aspects just to destroy a multiverse? (like Chaos King)

Iirc, chaos king is an aspect of obv, and aspects got most of power of true form, but still can't even destroy a universe with easily.

1-A obv seems fuzzy.
He isn't beyond space-time but concepts of space and time

Oblivion doesn't scale to Chaos King. Mikaboshi, the Japanese god, is what he scales above. Chaos King got his powers by absorbing others and has nothing to do with Oblivion.

Yes, it is very messy.

Is somebody willing to read through it and write down the reasoning for us to disregard certain scans that we currently scale from in a single post here please? If it is good enough, it can be reposted in an entirely new content revision thread that can then be linked to here.
My laptop's faulty and it would be stressful to create it by mobile.

1-A obv seems fuzzy.
He said beyond all levels of space and time, that's 1-A. Perphaps there's a rule to that many higher dimensional beings attack lower worlds via avatars due to a rule or something or just how the franchise wants it to work to make things interesting. Aspects do not necessarily need to have most power of the true form of the being they got their powers from, they vary time to time.

1-A oblivion is the most accurate thing imo not fuzzy at all.

Oblivion just doesn't have the ability to destroy the Multiverse. Its as simple as that. Last time he tried, Infinity kicked his ass inside his own realm.

His higher dimensional than the multiverse yet can't destroy it? I don't understand such logic.
What makes you think he is higher dimensional than Eternity? His feats certainly don't show him being stronger than the other abstracts. Unless of course, you just mean destroying the Multiverse without fighting the Abstracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back