• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but his power varies heavily. at his weakest, he should easily upscale massively from herald tier characters. at his strongest, well... way higher than where we put him rn.

Shaking a universe as large as ours is 4-A, it's where most of the evidnece for a 4-A rating is coming from here.

But now that I think about it if those statements that put the marvel universe at a Trillion Light Years might get it up to 3-C
The thing about using the Universe of a trillion years is that it happens in a totally different Era of Comics, it will be better to use the standard Universe

I don't know why we're supposed to assume the marvel universe canonically shifts in size to such a dramatic degree just because they're supervised by different writers throughout the years......

Except we have too many infinite statements, so why use 93 bil?
that means that the heralds would be high 3-A, I'm trying not to make all those feats outlier
What do you mean by "different era"? The statement about trillion lightyears is from a more recent comic.
"era" in the sense that a difference of almost 20 years, cosmology was altered in various ways

So, is the fact that Heralds can shake the universe accepted? Is all that's left to agree on the size of the universe they are shaking?

"era" in the sense that a difference of almost 20 years, cosmology was altered in various ways
This scan shows Vnn, a holder of the Starbrand, saying that he could sense things a trillion lightyears away. This makes the Marvel Universe at bare minimum a trillion light years in radius. And this issue came out in November of 2019, so really recently.

So, is the fact that Heralds can shake the universe accepted? Is all that's left to agree on the size of the universe they are shaking?
If we're really getting this pedantic about "muh comic eras" the Jane Foster feat still came out in 2017, so.

Although looking at it Kulf already accounted for the Trillion Light Year sized universe as a high end and got 24 ExaFoe which is about...... half of baseline 3-C (I think that's how that works)? So either way it's 4-A just higher into it which is pretty kewl.

I don't think that's how it works though.

If the Universe is canonically infinite in size, then the feats should be treated as such.
Yeah but If the universe's statement have contradictions and other things like that they don't tend to used.

Yeah but If the universe's statement have contradictions and other things like that they don't tend to used.
well whatever the closest thing to a consistent canon statement that Marvel has should be used, as assuming the universe is standard 3-A when there's contradicting evidence is not great.

The 93 billion statement is what's consistently used in this wiki as far I know and I asked firestorm a similar case ago to use the 60 trillion light years in half a second DC big bang to do a calc on hal jordan but he said it doesn't work that way except its the same writer who wrote the book.

And this wiki tends to take infinite statements hyperbolic most of the time.

I don't think it makes sense to evaluate each feat according to different standards because the writer is different in cases like this.

It's not a case between 5D and 1-A where different authors have established their own entirely in-cohesive cosmology.

trillion light-years and 93 billion light-years (which is based off real life assumptions not in-verse statements) shouldn't be an issue.

If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.

Actually that's what the wiki's doing to DC and marvel scaling them via different authors.
We scale them not only via higher dimensions but even how powerful they are portrayed or shown by certain writers as some wank them and others lowball.
.it's just a general something I don't know how to put it.

I haven't been as active lately so I was not aware that was a thing that was being considered as a form of "indexing" here. If that's the case then I fully disagree with it and that's all I'll say for now.

Actually that's what the wiki's doing to DC and marvel scaling them via different authors.
We scale them not only via higher dimensions but even how powerful they are portrayed or shown by certain writers as some wank them and others lowball.
Yeah but the difference between cosmology between authors in DC is absurd.

assuming the universe in Marvel to be 93 billion LY as opposed to stated whatever trillion for the sake of 4-A being more consistent than 3-C or whatever it would calc to is simply bias. We don’t arbitrarily decide what the Marcel cosmology is to make characters certain tiers.

Yeah but the difference between cosmology between authors in DC is absurd.

assuming the universe in Marvel to be 93 billion LY as opposed to stated whatever trillion for the sake of 4-A being more consistent than 3-C or whatever it would calc to is simply bias. We don’t arbitrarily decide what the Marcel cosmology is to make characters certain tiers.
The results would still be 4-A for the record, it'd just be at a higher value.

Last edited:
If we’re going to tier feats on these levels of discrepancies (difference between assumed vs stated finite sizes for the universe) then we may as well not scale comics at all, as every character would need a key every 10 issues

If we’re going to tier feats on these levels of discrepancies (difference between assumed vs stated finite sizes for the universe) then we may as well not scale comics at all, as every character would need a key every 10 issues
I'm against that sort of indexing exactly for this reason, but you'd also end up creating far more problems than you'd ever hope to fix as a result. For instance, what reason would we have to disregard far higher tiers for Spiderman if we can simply hand wave it away as being a different writers interpretation and give him a separate key to compensate?

I'm against that sort of indexing exactly for this reason, but you'd also end up creating far more problems than you'd ever hope to fix as a result. For instance, what reason would we have to disregard far higher tiers for Spiderman if we can simply hand wave it away as being a different writers interpretation and give him a separate key to compensate?
Taking this logic to its furthest extent would result in comics inherently being unscalable.

So I’m also against taking the practice of “writer segregation” to this extent as well.

The most cosmologically consistent size for the universe given in-verse statement regardless of authors should be used. This is not the difference the 1 author thinking the speed force is 1-A compared to another that thinks the speed force is low 1-C - which is very clearly a hard contradiction.

surely there are characters more reliable than others when it comes to the size of a single marvel universe that can be considered the most consistent?

surely there are characters more reliable than others when it comes to the size of a single marvel universe that can be considered the most consistent?
The scan with the Trillion Light Year Statement comes from a character that was wielding the Starbrand at the time who states on panel that he can literally "feel" the activities of entire planets "a trillion light-years away" i.e. this is being stated by someone with cosmic awareness that can actually verify how large the universe is with their own senses.

He doesn't quite make it clear if he's referring to the entire circumference of the universe or just a smaller portion of its whole, but at the very least that's a pretty clear indication of the universe's minimum size from a very reliable source as far as I'm concerned.

It's only in respect to Abstract level and above, since their fundamentals in scaling change. Not relevant to other tiers

And in a Stan Lee comic there is also a trillion statement, which Jason Aaron seems to be referencing (As he has done with other statements).

The scan with the Trillion Light Year Statement comes from a character that was wielding the Starbrand at the time who states on panel that he can literally "feel" the activities of entire planets "a trillion light-years away" i.e. this is being stated by someone with cosmic awareness that can actually verify how large the universe is with their own senses.

He doesn't quite make it clear if he's referring to the entire circumference of the universe or just a smaller portion of its whole, but at the very least that's a pretty clear indication of the universe's minimum size from a very reliable source as far as I'm concerned.
Earth is the center of the universe in Marvel? this would make a trillion light years the possible radius of the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back