• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really have any input on 4-A or 3-C, but would any of the eternals (Ikaris, Sersi, Thanos...) get upgraded from this as well if this passes?

I don't really have any input on 4-A or 3-C, but would any of the eternals (Ikaris, Sersi, Thanos...) get upgraded from this as well if this passes?
Every character that is rated as 4-B currently would be upgraded to whatever tier is agreed upon. There will likely be some revisions in that regard after the fact for characters that shouldn't be put at that level but for the time being every 4-B would be affected since they all scale relatively close to one another

I remembered something else, the god Dhanvantari has powers of galactic stature. | Heroic Age: Prince of Power Vol.1 #1 | 2010 | Greg Pak, Fred van Lente

Does anyone know how powerful this god is compared to Thor or Hercules?

Doesn't have a proper appearance so can't say if they would scale to Thor or herc at all.

A lot of gods and stuff were mentioned in the heroic age and the other herc story before that, but rarely was there any development

I don't think anyone wants to bother with the clutter that "at least X Tier, possibly Y Tier" creates and would likely opt out for one or the other.

I remembered something else, the god Dhanvantari has powers of galactic stature. | Heroic Age: Prince of Power Vol.1 #1 | 2010 | Greg Pak, Fred van Lente

Does anyone know how powerful this god is compared to Thor or Hercules?

I don't know, probably only Odin, Zeus and Vishnu scale them.

It is also possible that it is just a decoration, since it is not stated to be related or to have galactic proportions, in fact, normal people can hold the Moon-cup

The pages will be too cluttered up like that especially since we already have high 6c to go with it too

In any case, I am personally fine with any rating that isn't 4-B lol. Even 5-A at peak can work for me

Once we have all the feats cataloged, evaluated, and in chronological order, we can evaluate the consistency of feats overall or by certain eras if necessary.
60s
70s
80s
90s
2000s

Last edited:
Every character that is rated as 4-B currently would be upgraded to whatever tier is agreed upon. There will likely be some revisions in that regard after the fact for characters that shouldn't be put at that level
It's for their peak stuff, otherwise they still have the "holding back" key of High 6-C, which I honestly don't agree with and should be revised to something like 5-B or 5-A but that's for another time.

The list needs to include all the notable feats to get a statistical analysis of Thor, not just the Galaxy ones.
I don't have much time at the moment.
Here's the document that I'm using so far. Feel free to add to it.

I'm still going through the various Thor Respect Threads and compiling the data.
I love your idea, I was doing something similar but my idea was to analyze an individual writer's opinion, then I would compile many writers opinions on the power of Marvel characters and come up with the most consistent opinion.

Since all levels are valid because at the end of the day the writers opinion is the opinion of TOAA.

I don't have much time at the moment.
No problem. This is a long-term project that will affect numerous characters depending on the final scaling chains.
I love your idea, I was doing something similar but my idea was to analyze an individual writer's opinion, then I would compile many writers opinions on the power of Marvel characters and come up with the most consistent opinion.

Since all levels are valid because at the end of the day the writers opinion is the opinion of TOAA.
Thanks to spreadsheets we can use the filters to see an overall, era, and writer perspective.

I'm less concerned about how many feats there are overall so much as I am concerned with the validity of the feats in question. I might need to look over all of them again but it seems every mention of "Galaxy Busting" so far has no description on the timeframe of such a feat nor the amount of attacks needed to do so. Simply a statement about how "they are a threat to an entire galaxy" or "they will destroy an entire galaxy if provoked" or "these two characters destroyed one or more galaxies during their fight with an undertermined timeframe."

There's a lot of potential there but nothing definitive. It could be referring to full on galaxy busting but it could just as easily be referring to systemic galaxy busting after a combination of attacks. It's not like the 4-A feats which for the most part are just describing the result of a single defined action, i.e. their attacks causing the entire universe to shake. I think the only feat here than can support a straight 3-C rating is the Mother Storm.
I agree with this regarding the previously mentioned feats, except for that the Mother Storm being able to snuff out stars like candles is not enough evidence for 3-C in itself. The 4-A feats seem more straightforward, given that they have been calculated and accepted.
60s
70s
80s
90s
2000s
@SuperAPM @Eficiente @Firestorm808 @The_Impress @Qawsedf234 @Amelia_Lonelyheart

Are any of these feats reliable enough to scale the current 4-B characters to 3-C? If so, calculations for them would be very useful.

I agree with this regarding the previously mentioned feats, except for that the Mother Storm being able to snuff out stars like candles is not enough evidence for 3-C in itself. The 4-A feats seem more straightforward, given that they have been calculated and accepted.

@SuperAPM @Eficiente @Firestorm808 @The_Impress @Qawsedf234 @Amelia_Lonelyheart

Are any of these feats reliable enough to scale the current 4-B characters to 3-C? If so, calculations for them would be very useful.
Calculations would be needed first to determine their place in the Tiering System.

Another thing is that this is for their peak, this in no way scales to their "holding back" stats.

Yes, agreed. Would somebody here be willing to help out with that?

We need to decide which of them that are sufficiently reliable to calculate first though.

Yes, agreed. Would somebody here be willing to help out with that?

We need to decide which of them that are sufficiently reliable to calculate first though.
Don't look at me, I've sworn off calculating anything above Tier 5. Only thing I can do is evaluate them, and even then, Tier 5/4/3 calcs aren't something we usually have as much of an experience evaluating as our old guard did. Most of the folk who did retired or left.

Don't look at me, I've sworn off calculating anything above Tier 5. Only thing I can do is evaluate them, and even then, Tier 5/4/3 calcs aren't something we usually have as much of an experience evaluating as our old guard did. Most of the folk who did retired or left.
Okay.

What about you, @Armorchompy and @Amelia_Lonelyheart ? Would either of you be willing to handle it?

Okay.

What about you, @Armorchompy and @Amelia_Lonelyheart ? Would either of you be willing to handle it?
Everything that could be calculated I have already done, although I believe this feat could also be calculated:
Being furious, Silver Surfer was able to create a black hole that spanned much of the Andromeda galaxy using his cosmic energy discharges.

The 4-A is already more than confirmed to be usable, what remains to be discussed is whether it would be advisable to move to 3-C.
So I will give my final reasons why this level should be chosen and then the Marvel expert users will decide.

Last edited:
Okay. Can you repeat which/link to the feats that have been calculated, along with stating the results, please?

Everything that could be calculated I have already done, although I believe this feat could also be calculated:
Being furious, Silver Surfer was able to create a black hole that spanned much of the Andromeda galaxy using his cosmic energy discharges.
Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure a feat like that is way higher than what it's being given credit to. At the very least it's good supporting evidence for 4-A and might actually be a galaxy level feat, I would suggest figuring out a way to calculate that properly as soon as possible.

This could easily be poetic.
As well.
Pretty good statement, but it may or may not refer to one-shot a galaxy rather than over several or a few applications of his power (If you can't see how so, imagine something vaguely comparable to someone drunk knocking over chairs while walking a bit uncontrollably, his real "power" being to knock 1 at a time).
In context this doesn't seem to be as destructive as it could be and let alone in one go. He doesn't even need to destroy a star system to deal with someone hiding, the planets "topped" to deal with this don't even need to be annihilated.
  • Something very notable that I would like to note is that in early Thor comics travels from Earth to Asgard are basically always done with the bridge between them even when this much isn't stated, the bridge is the only thing that connects them. Someone should one day compile the evidence for this.
  • Reach into other universe is Dimensional Travel, the thing didn't went to the edge of the universe and pop up on Earth from there or something. It expanded unevenly.
Very likely to be poetic.
Given that this is an enslaver, those galaxies fallen before his mght are very, very likely to not have been annihilated, let alone one-shot as the guy just targeted a planet. This feat is just not legit.
I still have issues with the odd angle in which the characters took the blast, is that just me?
The fabric of something isn't necessarily equal to the whole said something, it can be a part of it or all of it, both said in a fancy way. The lesser take would clearly be the one that takes less speculation.
I don't see how this refers to their fight and not his job in general taking time as so that happening over time.
Clearly hyperbolic and if it wasn't (which is not the case) is retconned.
For the first, it may or may not be the whole galaxy blowing up as if its heart had a bomb, because if every planet blows up at once then that's not 3-C or 4-B for SS to take. Even in the possibility of the other take, I've seen calcs for explosions going over more than one galaxy being just 3-C, so I would question if an exploding galaxy would be 3-C.

For the second, cosmic conflagration is not tierable and should not be said as a feat.
Well, it sure sounds very powerful, but you can't really count the firmament of the universe as something like 3-B or 4-A, the firmament may (50 50) be the sky, the sky may (very likely) be the visible sky and not all the sky that exists. And even then there is not telling on how deep into it it is. The firmament may also refer to the heavens, but while it is plural, it can also refer to a singular visible part of the sky rather than all the sky that exists, or all the universe in the universe. The feat's too unlikely to be meaningful in any way.
  • Threat=/=destructive capacity
  • Draw power from=/=Equal power to that thing's whole
You should show how so, he got quite overpowered and iirc destroyed by it.
You should show how so.
  • Threat=/=destructive capacity
The size of Mjolnir's pocket reality isn't the same as its own destructive power and tier.
It says "rip the galaxy apart", if it is solely destructive then 4-A would likely do it, but it seems those lights were going to do some Space Manip or bring monsters to the galaxy, hence the threat.
Can you deconstruct in words everyone can understand the logic behind the math? Lightning expands unevenly and may not shake worlds as it goes but at rarely times when they're reached due to being in the way of the lightning.
Not likely at all to be in one go.

Eficiente makes sense to me. Thank you very much for helping out.

Well, let's take no concern on what tiers the characters will end up in and focus in judging the feats, write down the invalid one with their reasons to be invalid, the vague ones with their reasons to be vague, and calc that black hole SS created.

This could easily be poetic.
It can't be poetic if it has already been shown on multiple occasions that Thor can in one way or another shake the universe, plus in a few comics later on the narrator states that Galactus and Ego shook the universe
Why should he be if he only emphasizes the capabilities of his power?
Pretty good statement, but it may or may not refer to one-shot a galaxy rather than over several or a few applications of his power (If you can't see how so, imagine something vaguely comparable to someone drunk knocking over chairs while walking a bit uncontrollably, his real "power" being to knock 1 at a time).
This statement is vague, but if you have the context that the character has a 4-A/3-C power, this statement supports these levels.

I'll give you an example, a character has a statement that he can destroy the Earth, this statement can be between level 7 to level 5 and then the character has feats of shaking the solar system or moving moons, which means that the previous statement was affectively referring to the complete destruction of the planet.
In context this doesn't seem to be as destructive as it could be and let alone in one go. He doesn't even need to destroy a star system to deal with someone hiding, the planets "topped" to deal with this don't even need to be annihilated.
As well.
Something very notable that I would like to note is that in early Thor comics travels from Earth to Asgard are basically always done with the bridge between
them even when this much isn't stated, the bridge is the only thing that connects them. Someone should one day compile the evidence for this.
Well, show proof, because I'm seeing that Thor can fly from Asgard to Earth without using any kind of artifact.
However, if the storm were to pass through the universe by dimensional travel, it is still possible to calculate the power needed to expand from the edge of the universe to the Earth.
Reach into other universe is Dimensional Travel, the thing didn't went to the edge of the universe and pop up on Earth from there or something. It expanded unevenly.
I think it's pretty clear from the narrative statement that this is an omnidirectional expansion that originates in Asgard and reaches all the way to Earth.

So powerful is the enchanted sweep of Mjolnir
so all consuming is its thrust
that even on the far distant earth, skyscrapers are shattered like puny playthings
and towering mountain peaks area toppled by the awesome force

I still have issues with the odd angle in which the characters took the blast, is that just me?
What does it mean? Please explain it better.
The fabric of something isn't necessarily equal to the whole said something, it can be a part of it or all of it, both said in a fancy way. The lesser take would clearly be the one that takes less speculation.
Agreed.
For the first, it may or may not be the whole galaxy blowing up as if its heart had a bomb, because if every planet blows up at once then that's not 3-C or 4-B for SS to take. Even in the possibility of the other take, I've seen calcs for explosions going over more than one galaxy being just 3-C, so I would question if an exploding galaxy would be 3-C.

For the second, cosmic conflagration is not tierable and should not be said as a feat.
He speaks of a galaxy exploding as a whole, and refers to the heart as the epicenter.
The following statement backs him up by saying that he has even survived explosions even more impressive than those of galaxies.

In these calculations they are using 1 million years for the distance between galaxies while the 3-B baseline uses 2.5 million so it is obvious that it will give 3-C.
Well, it sure sounds very powerful, but you can't really count the firmament of the universe as something like 3-B or 4-A, the firmament may (50 50) be the sky, the sky may (very likely) be the visible sky and not all the sky that exists. And even then there is not telling on how deep into it it is. The firmament may also refer to the heavens, but while it is plural, it can also refer to a singular visible part of the sky rather than all the sky that exists, or all the universe in the universe. The feat's too unlikely to be meaningful in any way.
Beta Ray Bill, defender of the korbinite race and last survivor of ragnarok, was unable to stop Galactus from devouring his people's adopted home planet. Now, both he and Stardust, the herald of Galactus, lie unconscious after an epic battle which rocked the heavens and shook the very firmament of the universe.

It seems pretty clear to me that they shook the entire universe, by which I mean they shook the heavens and the very firmament of the universe.

You should show how so, he got quite overpowered and iirc destroyed by it.
The explosion could easily be a few light years old and have an AP 3-A, as it was launched by Galactus at full power.

Also, I believe there are some claims that Galactus' power spread throughout the galaxy.
You should show how so.
I am not so sure about this, I am only relying on the assumption that Nova was at the distance mentioned in the calculation.

Threat=/=destructive capacity
This god is depicted as being able to affect a large portion of a galaxy, just as you don't know if he can scale Thor or Hercules?
The size of Mjolnir's pocket reality isn't the same as its own destructive power and tier.
What pocket reality are you talking about?
Can you deconstruct in words everyone can understand the logic behind the math? Lightning expands unevenly and may not shake worlds as it goes but at rarely times when they're reached due to being in the way of the lightning.
A shock wave that is capable of shaking planets half a universe away created by thunder, the end.

As Thor has done in these circumstances:

Not likely at all to be in one go.
Why not? The situation doesn't justify that she can progressively destroy the Galaxy, besides a panel earlier the Star Brand is called out as one of the most powerful weapons in the cosmos, even Gladiator considered the Star Brand as a threat to the galaxy.

By the way this comic was written by Jason Aaron the same who created Mother Storm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back