• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redoing this with trillion LY instead
500 billion LY radius minimum, so 4.73036524e27m
For a Magnitude 1?
E = 4 * (1.410253747010E+17)* ((4.73036524e27m)/(6371000))^2 = 3.1097924e59 joules
Which is multi galaxy I believe
1,000,000,000,000 Light Years | 9.4607304725808E+27 meters
Magnitude 4: 4 * (4.459613919339E+21)* ((4.7303652e+27)/(6371000))^2 = 9.8340268e+63 Joules | 98 ExaFoe (4-A)

But hadn't it been agreed that you can only use this diameter for the Universe if it's in a comic feat written by Jason Aaron?

Yeah. Ig we can consider the eight multiverse universes to be 1 trillion LY. Iirc we don't have statements about its size since secret wars ended

I mean at this point I’m just sorta confused if the proposal is 3-C or 4-A :V

Like both are fine to list too, but specify which one goes :/

A timespan was not mentioned. It could easily have been over time.

Withstanding a very small part of a galactic explosion is not a 3-C feat.
It can't really be suggested to be any tier in that case, It could easily be referring to continuous star busting up until the point of galactic destruction. Personally I don't think they would have bothered to have mentionted galactic destruction if it wasn't referring to near instantanuous galactic destruction, but fair enough.

The scan mentions him travelling through the "heart" of an exploding galaxy which seems to suggest travelling through the epicenter tho

It can't really be suggested to be any tier in that case, It could easily be referring to continuous star busting up until the point of galactic destruction. Personally I don't think they would have bothered to have mentionted galactic destruction if it wasn't referring to near instantanuous galactic destruction, but fair enough.
Destroying stars one at a time is not a reasonable timeframe. It would take far too long.
The scan mentions him travelling through the "heart" of an exploding galaxy which seems to suggest travelling through the epicenter tho
It would still be a very small part of the full energy of the explosion.

Destroying stars one at a time is not a reasonable timeframe. It would take far too long.

It would still be a very small part of the full energy of the explosion.
This is referring to a character that can travel the entire length of the universe in a matter of minutes at worst on his board, don't think timeframes are too much of an issue here. We simply don't have enough information to pin down this statements specific tier of power if it isn't referring to near instant galactic destruction

Flying through what is described as the epicenter of an explosion sounds like a pretty big portion of it, but fair enough

This is referring to a character that can travel the entire length of the universe in a matter of minutes at worst on his board, don't think timeframes are too much of an issue here. We simply don't have enough information to pin down this statements specific tier of power if it isn't referring to near instant galactic destruction
I suppose that is a good point.
Flying through what is described as the epicenter of an explosion sounds like a pretty big portion of it, but fair enough
The Surfer is very small, and even the center of a galactic explosion is extremely large.

The Surfer is very small, and even the center of a galactic explosion is extremely large.
To be honest the statement is pretty non-descript by itself so we have no idea what actually happened during those events, could even be simple hyperbole on Surfers part (although that's probably out of character for him in most cases)

Generally I would consider being in the core of a galactic explosion to be 3-C, although it is vague. In the end any explosion no matter how big has a starting point.

epicenter of an explosion sounds like a pretty big portion of it, but fair enough
A Supermassive Black hole dwarfs the radius of how solar system multiple times over. Silver Surface isn't being exposed to anywhere close to a relevant portion of the energy if the explosion has already happened.

Also all the scans needs sourced.

That's another thing as well, the comic doesn't clarify how far the explosion had travelled at that point, whether it had just started or whether it had already encompassed the entire galaxy in question by that point, or anywhere inbetween. Granted the context of the statement is Surfer trying to hype up his power so I'm sure it means he tanked a close to equivalent amount of the full explosion, but it's way too vague to rely on as a solid piece of evidence for scaling.

Just from tallying the feats in the OP, 4-A beats out 3-C feats by around 2-3 feats.

I say 2-3 because a couple of those feats could be considered either 4-A or 3-C and a couple of them would require a timeframe to be 4-A or 3-C

Yes, 4-A is likely fine, but 3-C is far too uncertain.

Should ALL current 4-B Marvel Comics characters scale to such an extreme statistic, or should we split them up to different levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back