• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering most scales to Thor's ap, yeah all should be changed.

Tho characters like blue marvel, anti man, one of Carol's 4-B, as well as Chavez would probably fall out of this scaling chain.

Tho warlock and Thanos should preferably be removed from scaling too. But that's a discussion for another day. Once we get through this

Other feats that can support 3-C.
Thor absorbs and deflects the energies of the Null bomb, which was to destroy the Black Galaxy.
Mjolnir has within it the Storm God, a sentient storm destroyer of galaxies and as big as these.
Thor survives an explosion that breaks Mjolnir, which as we have already seen can contain energies such as those of the Null bomb or the God Storm.
This also scales Ulik and Beta Ray Bill as it resisted the explosion caused by the destruction of Stormbreaker, said hammer is made with Uru metal and is considered the brother of the Mjolnir.
Note: The counterargument of saying that Thor only absorbed star-level power is a clear cherrypicking fallacy, since the way Thor uses those energies does not correlate with the destructive potential of the bomb itself.

And if you think about it, their 4-A feats are just as casual as 4-B, since the power to shake the universe is only a small fraction of their true power, like the tremor of a meteorite impact but more extreme, since the characters concentrate all their power on damaging the enemy and not the environment.

Well, the first (Null Bomb) feat might work, but the God Storm doesn't destroy galaxies in a single strike, but through prolonged effect, as far as I am aware, and the explosion in the third feat was not portrayed as anywhere near that size. It is an inconsistency in the storytelling.

Also, that the energy of the first feat only reignited a dying star makes it uncertain to use, so 4-A seems more straightforward.

Each zone of the God Storm is capable of blowing out a star as if it were a single candle. That at galactic size is 3-C.
That's just the Area of Effect, the potency is still capable of breaking Mjolnir.
Like I said the way Thor handles those energies has nothing to do with the power of the bomb, plus you can see the energy has changed when Thor fires it.
But if they want to go with 4-A no problem.

Last edited:
Was it ever stated that it can blow out all the stars in a galaxy at the same time? If not, it is unreliable to scale to 3-C.

Was it ever stated that it can blow out all the stars in a galaxy at the same time? If not, it is unreliable to scale to 3-C.
It could only if it suddenly appears in the middle of the galaxy. Since every wind inside it is capable of destroying a star, if you calculate its volume and multiply it by the GBE of a star, you could get even 3-B.

I think that you are using speculation if all that was stated is that it can blow out a single star like a candle.

I think that you are using speculation if all that was stated is that it can blow out a single star like a candle.
It is not much speculation if it has already been said that it is a galaxy-destroying storm and that its winds can blow out stars like candles.

It could only if it suddenly appears in the middle of the galaxy. Since every wind inside it is capable of destroying a star, if you calculate its volume and multiply it by the GBE of a star, you could get even 3-B.
This seems like a lot of reaching from a statement that just seems to talk about how vastly superior to the power needed to extinguish a star it is.

Yeah. We should probably stick to the 4-A, it is more consistent across the entire company imo. While 3-C has a lot of backing, the other outweighs it for the time being.

This seems like a lot of reaching from a statement that just seems to talk about how vastly superior to the power needed to extinguish a star it is.
Agreed.
Yeah. We should probably stick to the 4-A, it is more consistent across the entire company imo. While 3-C has a lot of backing, the other outweighs it for the time being.
I don't think that 3-C has a lot of backing, but 4-A is fine.

How many 4-B feats do we currently use? If 4-A has more then I'll give that my approval too.
There's one from Nova, one from Gladiator, I believe two from Thor and one from Surfer.

Don't know how Nova and Gladiator scales since I recall Nova being one of the weakest Heralds or whatever and Gladiator is just weird, and I recall some issues with both of Thor's calcs

How many 4-B feats do we currently use? If 4-A has more then I'll give that my approval too.
there is thor: star shaking feat. destroying surtur portal and lighting a star
gladiator tanking a blast destroying half a solar system
surfer creating a black hole, and creating a star in his weakened form
nova tanking the anhillation wave at a safe distance

there is thor: star shaking feat.
High 4-C
destroying surtur portal
4-B (42 GigaFoe)
gladiator tanking a blast destroying half a solar system
4-B
surfer creating a black hole, and creating a star in his weakened form
Star that was super small.
nova tanking the anhillation wave at a safe distance
4-B

Four 4-B's if we count Silver Surfer's feat of destroying a solar system.

Yes the calculation is wrong and it is an exaggeration, but look here we are talking about storm winds that must have the area of a few astronomical units and are capable of doing these things:
92XjQhW.jpeg
Wy4btla.jpeg

Now imagine the true power of this storm the size of a freaking galaxy.

I don't know what others think, but for me this is 3-C.

The power of the Mother Storm fully scaling to Thor's physicals is if all the energy that's spread out over the entire galaxy can congrogate into a single point. Is it a condensed form of energy that's spread out over a wide area much like an explosion, or is it just environmental destruction, where every part that say, blows out stars, is its maximum output, and it simply possess's a large area of effect.

From what's being described, it sounds like Thor would get 4-A physicals based off other feats along with 3-C Environmental Destruction (and it seems he'd get this regardless of his physical tier).

Last edited:
Actually, re-reading both scans, they simply state that the size of the Mother Storm itself is Galactic in scale;
"A Blizzard the size of a Galaxy, with winds that snuff out stars like flickering candles"
"It was a Cosmic Thunderstorm the size of a galaxy, one that had been raging since the beginning of time."

It doesn't actually state it's simply Galactic in effect, in fact, the first scan outright states.....:

"And once the Mother Storm is at its fiercest.....once that howling, murderous hurricane of ice and cold has enveloped this entire realm in its holy fury.....into the fury.....we hurl our children."

.....that its full area of effect with just its wind force is enough to encompass an entire realm, i.e. something that is Universal in scale.

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but that actually suggests full on 3-A than it does 3-C, at least in Environmental Destruction if not outright AP.

Wouldn't it still go towards Thor's physicals, albeit in a more roundabout way? There was this feat earlier that implies Thor's durability is higher than Mjolnir's, as he survived the explosion that destroyed Mjolnir. So if Mjolnir is durable enough to withstand 3-C levels of power, wouldn't that also mean Thor is too?

There was this feat earlier that implies Thor's durability is higher than Mjolnir's, as he survived the explosion that destroyed Mjolnir.
...this sounds unfathomaby inconsistent for the record since I remember multiple instances where Thor uses Mjolnir to mitigate damages.

Lemme try and find any I see though, before dying on this hill

I'm not sure if we can say that just because Mjolnir contains a power source that is 3-C/3-A that it needs that amount of durability to do so, especially when it's magic. I'm not against Thor scaling to the storm at full power but I wouldn't use that as the justification for it.

Wouldn't it still go towards Thor's physicals, albeit in a more roundabout way? There was this feat earlier that implies Thor's durability is higher than Mjolnir's, as he survived the explosion that destroyed Mjolnir. So if Mjolnir is durable enough to withstand 3-C levels of power, wouldn't that also mean Thor is too?
That's rune king Thor

Is it a condensed form of energy that's spread out over a wide area much like an explosion, or is it just environmental destruction, where every part that say, blows out stars, is its maximum output, and it simply possess's a large area of effect.
This in itself would make the total power of the storm 3-C, since it contains all these individual wind areas that can destroy stars, but its regular attack potency would only be at least High 4-C.

This in itself would make the total power of the storm 3-C, since it contains all these individual wind areas that can destroy stars, but its regular attack potency would only be at least High 4-C.
I'd be hesitant of this if we were just talking about the storm itself, but the winds themselves have been described as galaxy ruiners that seep out through the void and are even able to achieve universal area of effect, so that should be fine.

Thor's durability being higher than mjolnir is a baseless assumption. Especially the scans posted above is from a story where Thor was Hella more op, and mjolnir was having some issues iirc

Yeah, it does look like an outlier now that I think about it. So is it agreed that Mjolnir doesn't scale to the full power of the storm? And if so, does that make Thor's physicals 4-A or 3-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back