• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, just read "Warlock and the Infinity Watch #25", which has the most famous Odin vs. Thanos battle (there may be more that I don't know about though). Thanos couldn't harm Odin, but Odin was also struggling to harm Thanos. There wasn't any mention of the Galaxy being destroyed, but the characters watching the fight were worried about Asgard being destroyed.

Oh thanks for the refresh.

Yeah, Thanos is below Odin but his defenses has always been really really good.

So, if I understand it right, the current proposal is:

"High Heralds" such as Hungry Galactus, Sentry, Thanos, Tyrant get 3-C

Normal Heralds such as Thor, Silver Surfer, Hyperion, ect. get 4-A

Am I correct?
I propose 3-C since their 4-A feats are casual and have multiple statements that seem to indicate 3-C.
In addition, their 4-A feat is very close to 3-C as I will show below.

Okay. Can you repeat which/link to the feats that have been calculated, along with stating the results, please?
Thor survive the destruction of the black galaxy: 8.6113408e+60 Joules | 86 PetaFoe (122280 times below 3-C)

Jane Foster shakes worlds half a universe away: 2.4585067e+63 Joules | 24 ExaFoe (428 times below 3-C) (It scales to Thor Unworthy which is weaker than Thor Worthy)

Thor creates universal storm: 6.539079e+63 Joules | 65 ExaFoe (161 times below 3-C)

Shaking the Universe (IRL): 93,016,000,000 Light Years
  • Magnitude 4: 8.5083767E+61 Joules | 850 PetaFoe (12376 times below 3-C)
  • Magnitude 5: 2.690585E+63 Joules | 26.9 ExaFoe (391 times below 3-C)

Shaking the Universe (Jason Aaron/Stan Lee): 1,000,000,000,000 Light Years
  • Magnitude 4: 9.8340268E+63 Joules | 98.3 ExaFoe (107 times below 3-C)
  • Magnitude 5: 3.1097923E+65 Joules | 3.1 ZettaFoe (3.3 times below 3-C)

And now comes the interesting part, Thor who at least scales to 65 ExaFoe and the power he dissipates from his attacks can create shockwaves of 157 Yottatons. This means that Thor's shock waves are created by only 0.0000000000000000000000000100456% of his power.

And Thor can create universe-shaking shockwaves that can range from 850 PetaFoe to 3.1 ZettaFoe, depending on whether you agree to use the universe diameter given by Jason Aaron and Stan Lee for other feats.

Seeing that Thor's weakest shock waves represent a tiny fraction of his true power, it does not seem unreasonable to suppose that the most powerful ones may represent only a hundredth or even a thousandth of his power, which would make him 3-C.

Level that is supported by these feats and statements:

Last edited:
Incidentally, I recall that Jason Aaron sometimes mentions an edge of the universe, which would indicate that for this writer the universe is finite.

Can one assume that one billion thought-years is at least one billion light-years?

If this value is used, the result of the storm created by Thor is 7.55 ZettaFoe (1.39 below 3-C).
The speed of thought varies a lot though, it's definitely consistently faster than light but by how much is a completely different question to figure out lmao
It has been portrayed as not that much faster to being said to be the time it takes to cross a thousand galaxies in several moments (Marvel Fanfare v1 51) all the way to being instantaneous to speed through a galaxy (Tales to Astonish v1 73)... so uhhhhh pretty ridiculous and extremely inconsistent

Sidenote; I somehow was able to unintentionally stumble onto Dr. Strange saying the Mystic Realm is as infinite as my own universe (Marvel Universe: Map By Map — An Atlas From Asgard To Wakanda [2021])) while trying to find these scans....sooo uh yeah there's that as well

And oh, before I forget, I agree with the 4-A and 3-C stuff for each group
should be higher tho :3

Well, given all of the above evidence, I personally think that 3-C seems like a resonable and fairly consistent rating.

However, what should we do with the universal storm and shaking half the universe examples if they yield High 3-A results if we take them and the infinitely large universe statements literally?

Also, sorry about not responding earlier. I did not get notifications, and had to check my watchlist instead.

Well, given all of the above evidence, I personally think that 3-C seems like a resonable and fairly consistent rating.

However, what should we do with the universal storm and shaking half the universe examples if they yield High 3-A results if we take them and the infinitely large universe statements literally?
As for Thor's universal storm I have already demonstrated that Asgard is physically connected with the Universe at least according to Stan Lee, if you want you can pass more cases where this is demonstrated.

And Jane Foster's feat was written by Jason Aaron, who mentions a distance of half a universe and an edge of space, implying that the universe is finite.

And the infinite universe thing I think it was agreed to be discussed in another thread.

Yes, a trillion lightyears seems to have been repeated over the years, and gives 3-C results, so that is likely fine, but High 3-A is too high to be considered consistent.

Last edited:
So all of the calcs seem to be just close to 3-C. Does that mean Silver Surfer's 3-C feat, plus how casually the very high end 4-A feats are, are enough to support upscaling the others? I personally think it does, I'm just asking about the wiki's standards.

Plus you have the High Herald Tiers at 3-C because of the feats of hungry Galactus moving a galaxy or destroying multiples in his fight with Tyrant, it doesn't seem far-fetched for Herald Tiers to be 3-C. Since they sometimes manage to damage Galactus or characters of a similar level.
In addition, they have their own material to support this level.

I can take care of the editing, just give me the list of calcs.
These are the main calculations.

By the way, when Uatu mentions the what if?, he wasn't referring to the Uni-Lord fight, but to the prologue of chapter 114.
Literally, after that it starts right where 113 ended:

NEXT ISSUE: I FALL TO PIECES

Last edited:
So what will the tiers look like? Something like "High 6-C, 4-A to 3-C at peak, higher with the Thermo-Blast, up to 2-C, possibly 2-A with the God Blast"?

Just to be clear. Is every 4-B gonna be 3-C. Or is it gonna be divided? Like the lower tiers heralds are gonna be 4-A while the higher tier knew are gonna be 3-C

I found a galaxy level feat for Thanos, maybe this could help.

Isn't DC in the Quintillions x FTL while Marvel is only in the Quadrillions? That is not "a bit faster"
Marvel is in the quintillions now.

I mean without VSBW being VSBW, they should be comparable. With DC being a bit faster
Anyways feel free to work on the DC thread instead of complaining about it in the Marvel one, it's derailment and the fact you felt the need to continue on a light jab as if it's serious I'll never get.

If the revision is accepted this thread will be needed for file edits, so keep it focused on those two topics

EDIT: Removed the copium joke since it's just kinda immature, sorry about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back