• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second one looks like a sound calc, but then again, what do I know about calcs?

MHS+ Avengers... except Widow and Hawkeye. Lel.

Idk. Hulk doesn't fly, and it contradicts the extra materials, that being Tony's fastest armor, Mk40 can fly in excess of Mach 5 (how much in excess is unknown but MHS+ and supersonic+ are as far apart as me and a new gaming console; note: I am poor). It does say however that it can outfly any man-made aerial vehicle in the world so there's that.

Also, cinematic timing.

I found these:

Jake_Uzumaki said:
Captain america doesn't skip leg day
Cap does not skip leg day

With a low end calc for the Force of that kick

"Weight of pickup truck = 6000 pounds, half that = 3000 lbs or 1361 kg.

Truck classification wiki link

Coefficient of friction between rubber = ~0.7

Friction coefficient link

Friction = coefficent * mass * acceleration due to gravity

Friction = 0.7 * 1361 * 9.8

Force Captain America had to overcome = 9336.46 Newtons, or almost 2100 pounds of force.

Captain America demonstrates here that he has at least a one-ton kick."

Keep in mind the bottom of that gif occurs before the top half. But yeah, that's some fierce kick power however you slice it.
Apparently, 1 ton kick. So, Building level Cap.

Can anyone check that?

@Gemmysaur Do not post an entire calculation within the request thread. Strictly link to a blog post or discussion thread.

In this case, you should preferably post a copy of the Captain America calculation in a blog (with credits to the one who performed the calculation), and then link to it there.

1.The calc is pretty simple so instead of copying someone elses calc on a blog without the calcer knowing wouldn't be a great idea.You can just ask me to do it, i'll be happy to calc anything MCU related.

2.When did Cap fight Ultron?

Kkapoios said:
1.The calc is pretty simple so instead of copying someone elses calc on a blog without the calcer knowing wouldn't be a great idea.You can just ask me to do it, i'll be happy to calc anything MCU related.
2.When did Cap fight Ultron?
1. I assume you mean me. Sorry.

2. The truck, keeping Ultron busy while Widow gets Vision's cradle.

@Gemmy i was talking to both you and Ant.I wouldn't like my calcs being copied on other sites so i assume it may be a similar case for other calcers.And i really like the MCU so i like doing calcs about their feats but usually i'm too busy to search for them.

Don't remember the scene but it was probably a very sort fight with Cap tanking Ultron's hits with his shield so i guess it wouldn't make any difference.

The feat of the truck is kind of easy, I could try it.

It just to calc: the distance moved, the truck mass and use the static friction and shear strength to find out the result of that kick

@Kkapoios Feel free to calculate the feat if you wish. However, I doubt that it will yield high results.

If the Ultron Sentry breaking through the road is a Wall level+ feat, that would also slightly upgrade Captain America.

@Kkapoios This is the Captain America vs Ultron fight . Cap was outmatched, but held his own unusually well and survived a few direct hits from Ultron.

I attempted to find Quicksilver's kinetic energy. Quicksilver does not have an official weight given, so going by his actor's weight of 82 kilograms and the Mach 5.8 speed calc (which should be 1989.4 meters per second) and putting that into a kinetic energy calculator gave results of 162266206.76000002 joules. This should be low-end Building level, as far as I can tell.

Also, I'm thinking Iron Man's profile should have some changes made. The Mark 1 armor produces 3 gigawatts. The Mark 2 and 3 should be comparable to the Mark 4, which can produce 8 gigawatts. The Mark 5/Suitcase Armor should be Wall level for it's performance against Whiplash. The Mark 6 onwards should solidly be Large Building level due to its arc reactor being powered with a new element that is far superior to the palladium used in the previous armors. The new arc reactor produces so much more power than the previous reactors that the Mark 6 had to be made specifically to handle the energy output. This would scale to all the main armors used afterwards, as they all used the same element powering their arc reactors

The keys on Iron Man's profile should probably look somewhat like this:

Building level (can produce 3 gigawatts) | Building level+ (can produce 8 gigawatts) | Wall level (defeated Whiplash) | Large Building level (produces far more energy than the Mark 4 | Multi-City Block level (clashed with the Hulk)

Key: Mark 1 | Mark 2-4 | Mark 5 | Mark 6 onwards | Hulkbuster

Also, the original War Machine armor was a modified version of the Iron Man Mark 2 armor, while versions afterwards were built from scratch by Tony Stark to upgrade the technology, so War Machine's profile should have these keys:

Building level+ (is comparable to Iron Man Mark 4, which can produce 8 gigawatts) | Large Building level (should be comparable to Iron Man Mark 6)

Keys: Mark 1 | Mark 2 onwards

How do we go about deciding if the Ultron Sentries are Wall level+ or not from the road busting feat? If applied, it would give a + to numerous Wall level characters due to Captain America easily tearing through them, and many other characters being scaled from Cap.

In addition, putting my kinetic energy results for Quicksilver into a joules to explosive tons calculator gave results of 0.038782554 tons. So, possible Small Building level Quicksilver, then?

Oh yeah, the attack potency of MCU Iron Man should be this?

How about his lasers?

IMG 0443
His lasers can generate 200 petawatt, so Small City Level. It is canon to MCU and it is from Iron Man 2 MCU canon comic. The fact that they are fighting HAMMER drones proved that.

@AidenBrook999 I was referring to Iron Man and War Machine.

@Asyulus Tie-in comics are never referred to by the movies, as far as I am aware, so I do not think that we can consider them as canon, especially if they explicitly contradict the established scale, as in this case.

Do note that Quicksilver's speed cannot be directly used to calculate KE, unless he was carrying an object while moving at that speed.

Since Quicksilver was not shown to carry anything while moving at that speed, the KE value cannot be used.

@antvasima

It is canon to movies. If you watch the final Iron Man 2 fight, they look exactly the scan I posted. The scan I posted is the just the comicized version of 2010 superhero movie Iron Man 2. So that attack potency feat should be allowed. In MCU tie-in comic, War Machine lifted a tank, and in Age of Ultron, Rhodes said his story in lifting a tank. So these evidences are real. By the way, look at Tony's suit in that image, its the Mark VI armor.

Well, what appears to be a more reliable source says that Iron Man's power output is in the gigawatt range, which is much more in line with his actual feats.

Also, even if a comicbook adapts elements of a movie, it does not remotely automatically mean that the movies will reference them, or consider them as official continuity.

Did the gigawatt range came from his Mark IV suit?

Different armors. Mark VI is literally the way more powerful version of Mark IV, with the former having a more powerful energy source. I'm using Mark VI armor for the 200 pettawatt laser source, and again this was in Iron Man 2 movie in same time. It was just comicized and still canon, heck thats why they are part of Marvel Cinematic Universe wikia. It shows how powerful Tony is.

typo error: "Mark VI is literally the way more powerful version of Mark IV, with the Mark VI having a more powerful energy source".

So Mark VI should be way above gigawatt range.

@Kkapoios

I posted a scan and an image that proves that MCU Iron Man's attack potency is Small City Level because his lasers can generate 200 petawatts. Also, re-read my comments first.

Well, that would greatly upgrade much of the MCU to City level, from a source outside of the main movies, and of dubious canonicity. In addition, this would cause us a considerable amount of work, so I am not going to clear this without considerable community approval.

It might be best to start a new forum topic for this intended upgrade, as it will get far more attention that way than an already overcrowded thread, that almost nobody wants to read to the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back