• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"At least Building level+ (can generate 8 gigajoules per second), possibly Large Building level (can fight characters who are easily able to damage him)"

Who's going to add that to the profiles?

Also, would the durability be Large Building level or Large Building level+, seeing as the result of the calc ranged from between 3 to 10 tons, from low-end to high-end?

Can we get any notable feats out of Bucky's metal arm? Best I can think of was when he broke out of that cage while Zemo was saying those words.

Cracked concrete with a punch (TWS), forced Iron Man's hand upwards though this is more lifting strength than AP (CW), casually caught Cap's throwing the shield (TWS), blocks bullets (CW)...

Those are all I can remember.

Apparently, Captain America and Winter Soldier have just been put as being possibly Large Building level for damaging Iron Man, but I thought it was already agreed upon that:

1: The Mark 46 armor Iron Man used in Civil War had little in the way of impressive durability showings, as it was damaged by cars falling on it.

2: Even attacks from the shield and the metal arm were barely damaging Iron Man, which was forcing Cap and Bucky to target the suit's arc reactor.

3: Iron Man was only trying to kill Bucky, and was holding back against Cap for most of the fight.

4: Iron Man's armor was already damaged from earlier.

5: All of Captain America and Winter Soldier's other feats seem to solidly place them in Wall level.

But, if Captain America and Winter Soldier are indeed Large Building level, various other characters who scale to them would need to be upgraded as well, such as Spider-Man, Loki, possibly Black Panther (at least for durability), and likely others.

Speaking of Loki, what would his base strength be for managing to fight Thor in close combat, as well as make him bleed with his knives?

Also, Falcon should probably be upgraded, as in Civil War, he used missiles which would likely be around Wall level, and his wings were undamaged by assault rifle fire.

I do not think that Captain America and the Winter Soldier are remotely Large Building level. Damaging Iron Man should probably be considered as outliers, given that the scale of their own feats is much smaller.

Iron Man was obviously weaker in CW than he was in any other movie sans IM 1's armor made in a cave and IM3's prototypes.

Pre-vibranium Ultron vs Iron Man ended in a tiny missile to the robot face, easy.

Pre-vibranium Ultron vs Cap ended in him getting it on for quite a while but he never got the upper hand against Ultron.

The charged (prolonged attack instead of the single burst gust of wind he usually does) repulsor in CW didn't even leave a scratch on the ceiling.

He got hurt by cars falling on him and very audibly grunted when he got hit by Falcon's Redwing to the face (unless Redwing is building level or something), when the former armors weren't getting done in by Thor punching him in the face, a tank shell to the chest, Chitauri lasers that was throwing him around, etc.

His armor sounded very, very light compared to the previous movies. For comparison, listen to when he and War Machine landed consecutively.

And he was holding back for most of the movie (fighting against a friend and a friend of a friend), and in the end, he was emotionally compromised that it took him a while of getting beat up to remember to get Friday to analyze Cap's fighting style.

Besides, Cap punched through a submarine's window while underwater in Cap1 so he's quite strong.

My guess is that he purposefully weakened the armor to prevent too much collateral damage and is made more for damage control than all-out combat, like he doesn't trust himself to not be a threat but knows fully that he's the man needed for the job. He was conflicted.

Also, fan theories! Yey! Dunno if its allowed to post here but whatevs, these are the things floating on my mind.

The thing with Antman going "It's your conscience." in Iron Man's head while he toyed around with the armor's weapon systems, could be a set up to Bleeding Edge. Yey nanotechnology!

Another would be Pietro's death, is not true. He could be hidden to recuperate to reappear in Infinity War as to take over Silver Surfer's position in the comics as the speedster. Yey Thermal Homeostasis!

He was holding back. Said so himself. Besides, would he really use a super armor immediately after the start up of the accords? I dunno.

Even if it was small damage, stills, we are talking about a characters that survived relatively ok a Large Building level damage.

And it like if they make little scratches, Bucky broke the hand part of the armor, Cap broke one his propulsors and tear apart his mask with his shield

Well, their othervise demonstrated scale of power is strictly at Wall level, so I definitely think that this is more of Marvel's trademark Plot Induced Stupidity, due to mixing up characters that work on extremely different scales.

Antvasima said:
Well, their othervise demonstrated scale of power is strictly at Wall level, so I definitely think that this is more of Marvel's trademark Plot Induced Stupidity, due to mixing up characters that work on extremely different scales.
What do you mean?

I mean that a group like the Avengers mixes together characters that are barely superhuman, like Black Widow and Hawkeye, and ones that are enormously above them, such as the Hulk and Thor.

And yet the barely superhuman characters cannot be shown as completely useless, and exploding into little pieces due to the slightest touch from the powerhouses within the group, since the writers have to make the story work. Hence, there are enormous Plot Induced Stupidity inconsistencies and outliers involved, much like within the original comicbooks, although obviously less extreme.

Not really, characters like Black Widow and Hawkeye showed that they re below the rest of the team, even on CW, they face each other, Widow nearlt got beated by AntMan (ANT-MAN!) and Hawkeye was lossing against Black Panther

Ant Man has the physical strength of a grown man his size, even when he shrinks. That and pymp articles are haxxed, while Widow has taser bracelets. Nothing embarrassing about that.

They are however all subsonic in reflexes now. Panther fought Cap and Bucky and not get stomped, Hawkeye fought Panther and held his own, Widow fought Hawkeye pretty well. Lel.

Regardless, I think it's agreeable that Civil War's Cap and Bucky vs Iron Man should be ignored but the other feats in the movie are fair game.

Thor fighting against the Avengers movie armor was just denting the helmet and crushing the forearm.

If Thor, going by Cap's "fight" with Loki, is massively stronger and more durable than Cap, and Iron Man at the very least retains the durability of his previous armor, then Cap and Bucky shouldn't have any business doing half the things they did.

They wouldn't be overpowering IM's arm, holding him down to a wall, crushing his hand, beating him around with punches, etc.

Only explanation I have is that Tony purposefully weakened the armor for the accords, as it would be more of a peacekeeper than a weapon of war the previous armors (sans IM3, lel) were.

How he could do that?

Or better: Why? I mean, for example, why he would even try to fight both Cap and Bucky if he had a weaker armor? Also, the Large Building level calc is form the first IM movie, and weren't the previous Mark as durable as the 3, only with defections.

His plan "was to go easy on them".

Even Warmachine came to the fight using only his electric sword thing that broke easy, the tiny missiles that never hit anything (seriously, it exploded right before it touched Giant Man's face), and the sonic something on his arm (that he used to disable Wanda, despite having enough firepower to turn a truck into almost nothing.

Avengers Iron Man armor has a repulsor ray gust (the short attack) strong enough to push Thor backwards, and yet in Civil War, his repulsor ray beam (the prolonged attack) didn't even damage the ceiling.

Yep.

Yes, it is. But really? Not even making a burn mark? Not even a slight discoloration? That's plenty weak. Might as well use a pressure washer in its place.

Like, seriously. Not poking fun or anything, but that was pretty depressing. His only good attack in CW were the missiles he never hit anything important with, and the arc reactor's unibeam that left Bucky all right.

Also worth noting that the Mark 46 armor was evidently made to be more compact than most of the other armors, as Tony Stark was able to quickly have the armor put on him while he was sitting in the seat of a helicopter. So it might be somewhat comparable to the Mark 5/Suitcase armor, which was also much weaker due to it's lighter and more compact design.

Dinobot1996 said:
Also worth noting that the Mark 46 armor was evidently made to be more compact than most of the other armors, as Tony Stark was able to quickly have the armor put on him while he was sitting in the seat of a helicopter. So it might be somewhat comparable to the Mark 5/Suitcase armor, which was also much weaker due to it's lighter and more compact design.
That's quite normal for his current armors though. He could take Mark 43 pretty fast too.

Again, Captain America's full power barely held a helicopter in place. Iron Man is very far above that level.

Cap should logically be utterly incapable of harming him, except for story purposes, and the shield should not increase his power to anywhere near that degree.

Cap's weight was already tilting the helicopter so there's that. If anything, him throwing a motorcycle with enough force to almost cut a jeep is far more impressive.

I'm not calling on any of Cap's stats since calcs are better for that, but yeah. I'd have to agree with Wall level, maybe Wall+ at best. The shield is a different matter entirely, as its edge has been shown time and time again to do impressive stuff. I remember it denting a tank's side in Cap 1.

Slightly denting a tank is still nowhere near the level required to demolish large buildings, which is what it would take to defeat Iron Man.

Not saying that it should damage Iron Man, but it is quite impressive. I don't know what AP that would yield though.

Beyond that, there's throwing the shield hard enough to look like it went through a human's head (the scene was hard to tell since the MCU evades showing people's deaths, except Pietro... dammit) and pierced through the metal wall of SHIELD's hijacked ship in WS.

Regardless, I voted for ignoring their showing that are directly against Iron Man (related but indirect feats are fine methinks) and accepting most other feats they've shown.

Wall level is a very wide tier. It should include both cleaving a human head in half, and piercing a metal wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back