• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinobot1996 said:
In order to more solidly place MCU characters in tiers, I think the following feats will need to be calced by someone:

1: Cap stops a helicopter(Edit: I did not see the previous message)

2: Iron Man survives getting shot out of the air by a tank (This might help more solidly place Iron Man's durability)

3: Hulk grabs a fighter jet pilot after the pilot ejected (Reaction speed feat is at 00:58. This is one of the better looking reaction speed feats I could find, and if it can upgrade the Hulk, would also scale to anyone who fought Hulk, including Thor and Iron Man, which would further scale to many others, including Captain America and Winter Soldier.)
In addition to the second one, War Machine falling from the sky after getting his arc reactor fried in Civil War would be nice. I took a look at the scene for the third one and it took three frames for Hulk to visibly raise his arm to grab the ejected seat. Not sure what this means in speed though.

Some points I think are notable:

1. The Iron Man armor in Civil War is extremely light compared to War Machine, and it probably reduced his durability since he was being harmed by falling cars compared to the Avengers 1 armor that was taking Building level physical attacks from Thor.

Also, the CW armor compromised sometime ago because Antman happened, and damaged his weapon systems.

2. Thor only ever did MCB level and above output with his powers, and not physical attacks. Jotunheim and Sokovia comes to mind. The Bifrost bridge was of unknown crystal-like material with unknown durability, but was holding back energy that when it broke, resulted in an MCB explosion.

Only reason Thor is at MCB regardless of physicals or powers, is because Hulk was hurting him just fine despite tanking an MCB attack, and Hulk being purely physical likely scales AP to his durability, which makes him MCB for both, and Thor can trade blows with Hulk, which makes his physicals MCB as well. Ugh, scaling.

3. Iron Man's armors are seemingly only ever durable if they're thick as f. The skinny (and light) ones like the suitcase and the Civil War armor seem weaker than the thicker ones like in Avengers 1 and 2.

4. War Machine tanked an oil tanker (or at least I think it was what Cap and Antman threw at him in Civil War), maybe that's a calcable feat for him.

5. Rhodey being injured in his fall after getting shot in the chest despite wearing the War Machine armor should probably be ignored since an Iron Man armor has life support inside, and there is nothing to manage it in Rhodey's armor after its own reactor was melted. Good job Vision. Your forehead can't aim for god's sake.

6. Can we get calced Bucky dodging Spider Man's throwing a projectile back at him? It looked to me like he moved his head away when it was already about to hit what he was hiding behind.

War Machine wasn't even moving anywhere top speed, so that is moot.

You could probably tell their relative speed (I mean something like, going slow, going fast) by their foot thrusters' exhaust.

Going slow shows barely any smoke, while flying at high speeds shows a lot of it.

If Iron Man and War Machine end up with Building level durability, I would think that their attack potency ratings would need to be upgraded to 8-C to match it, as they are capable of holding their own against characters who are able to damage them. If that is the case, the following would need an upgrade: Iron Man, War Machine, Iron Monger, armored Whiplash, Ultron Prime, and Giant-Man.

Also, should Loki's base strength be upgraded? In addition to clashing evenly with Thor, he was also able to stab Thor with a dagger and make him bleed, and also impaled Kurse with a sword. Despite the fact that the weapons that Loki used were Asgardian in origin, I don't get the impression that Loki's base strength level is that far off from his durability. I don't think he can be scaled from Captain America, as Loki did not seem to be taking Cap seriously at all during their brief fight and was mostly toying with everyone over the course of the movie.

Also, some other speed feats that might be possible to calc:

Quicksilver's speed

Thor dodges a jet wing after Hulk throws it (Feat is at 00:58)

@Dinobot1996 I am not so sure that Iron Man and War Machine should get upgraded. I would prefer staff input.

I do however, think that it might be appropriate to upgrade Loki. Not to Thor's and Hulk's level however.

The problem is that, much like in the Marvel comics, characters of wildly different established power levels are shown as capable of harming and withstanding attacks from each other within the MCU, which causes serious problems for power-scaling efforts.

God-King Superman77 said:
She is scaled to him currently.
Yes, but in AoS which is canon by the way. Sif does appear, and if iirc Sif or the Asgardian doctor on Earth, one of these two mentions that kree's are on par with Asgardians. (Minus Thor, and Odin) And they have only shown Wall lvl AP. (Read the Characteristic Traits [1] or watch S2xEP12 of AoS for reference ) So it will be an outlier, we can't upgrade Sif . Also, Loki is a Frost Giant not a pure Asgardian.

Well, it is rather important, but does not seem to get enough staff input to reach any conclusion.

Well, the MCU statistics scaling in general seems a bit incoherent.

There was some feat in Agents of Shield where a guy pushes a roadroller or something across a football field and at the end they say Captain America is casually above that. Could someone link me that?

The biggest problem I see here is that the top dogs of the verse are MCB likely scaling from Thor from the Bifrost explosion. Other than that, I don't remember anyone in the verse tanking an MCB attack that is not energy-based (Bifrost, lightning, Sokovia, etc.)

I'd think they'd be down to Building level without these energy-based feats. Thor has solid Building level feats (whacking Cap's shield, whacking Malekith), iirc Iron Man and War Machine were Small Building level, etc.

Iron Man could snap his fingers to signal his army of armors to sick the enemy, and it still counts as him just snapping his fingers.

Perhaps, although it isn't that inconsistent with how Thanos is presented. He wasn't afraid of Ronan with the Infinity Stone and was called the most powerful man in the Universe.

Did this thread give any useful information regarding Kurse's attack potency? Also, is there any chance that the Bifrost feat is an outlier if there are no other feats in the Multi-City Block range?

A profile for Thanos should probably wait until after Avengers Infinity War is released, as he is featless for now, with only vague statements to go off of that may or may not be close to the truth.

Iirc, only lifting strength.

The rock was plenty weak and was more like clumped up soil.

Problem is, if Thanos is that strong, then no one would touch him at all, team up be damned. Ronan with the stone was a tanky dude but wasn't much in the way of AP.

He's never shown that. Only the flashback dudes showed that. Hell, he only slapped it on the hammer.

Dunno, about Thanos but we don't really have anything to work with on him so eh...

Also, on Rocket Raccoon's profile, I think it's safe to say his claim of being able to blow up moons is invalid, as I'm pretty certain the weapon that he claimed could do that was the weapon that was shot at Ronan and ended up having little to no effect on him.

Dinobot1996 said:
Did this thread give any useful information regarding Kurse's attack potency? Also, is there any chance that the Bifrost feat is an outlier if there are no other feats in the Multi-City Block range?
There's only two on that range and above I know of, Bifrost and Sokovia. Both of which is energy-based.

All blunt-force attacks I remember (Kurse's rock throw, Thor's whacking the shield, Thor vs Malekith, etc.) are Building level. To be honest, most feats calced are from Thor.

Maybe if someone can calc Hulk holding off the armored worm titan in the Avengers with one arm for a few seconds, we could get something higher than that.

@God Super King Man:

How? In one go or over a long time? That makes me iffy since Malekith who wielded an infinity stone as well was gonna do serious damage too, but it was taking time.

@Dinobot:

I can't load NF where I am since its blocked for being categorized under "games". What is the result?

@God-King:

Scaling from Thor, which is a problem since the MCB feat only happened once, and another one far above but required unique circumstances. Not to mention both things Thor tanked are energy-based.

Everything else calced for Thor (physical ones) resulted in Building level.

Gonna have to wait for Thor Ragnarok for more physical feats, especially since its rumored that Thor fights the Hulk again in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back