• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
For his profile, he is listed as Room level for being able to harm Iron Ma with his suit.

However Iron Man's durability is listed as City Block level.

So would Captain America require an AP upgrade, Iron Man a dura downgrade or is there some other explanation?

If anyone could help out with this I would appreciate it.

since he did that with a lot of attacks and not only one this counts as "chip damage" i think,

afterall he didnt use one big attacks that destroyed the suit, they needed a incredible great fighting scene in order to make that possible :)

I think that we should probably consider it as an outlier, and remove the mention. Perhaps somebody could calculate how much energy it takes to keep a helicopter in place unstead? I think that was Cap's highest explicit feat, but may misremember.

@Ant that sounds reasonable in my opinion.

Should I change the profile to "Unknown with Shield" until someone calcs that feat?

That particular armor wasn't that impressive, and I think it was already damaged from the Airport fight. I think the feat is valid, although we should only scale him from the feats of the armor Tony was using in the movie.

Wouldn't it be better: "Wall level (Destroyed a human sized fragment of a highway pillar when he threw Ultron into it, beat down Ultron Sentries with ease), higher with his shield."?

No problem.

Since Spider-Man is scaled to Captain America with shield, I put "At least Wall level, likely higher"

Does that seem fine?

It should be worth mentioning that Iron Man was shown to be damaged by characters who's attack potency is likely only Small Building level, such as Iron Monger and Whiplash. Either Thor was holding back and Iron Man's durability is lower than it is currently placed at, or Iron Monger and Whiplash might have to be upgraded for being able to visibly damage Iron Man with little effort.

The Iron Man Mark 5 armor looks much weaker than his standard Mark 4 armor in Iron Man 2, which makes sense since it was meant to be carried with one hand as a suitcase. We can't scale regular Whiplash with that. We can do so with Iron Monger and the Whiplash armor because they were meant to be stronger than Iron Man. Also, Thor was most likely holding back considering he made the Hulk spin with one punch in the same movie.

As for Cap beating Iron Man, he seems to be using the edge of his shield along with attacking Iron Man's weak spots to damage him. Earlier in the final battle, Cap tried tackling him with his shield and it didn't do much to Tony.

If Iron Monger and armored Whiplash are City-block level for damaging Iron Man, that would not fit with their durabilities. Iron Man was somewhat able to damage Iron Monger, and armored Whiplash was killed by a combined attack from Iron Man and War Machine, which should place them at Small Building level durability.

Either Iron Monger and Whiplash are glass cannons, or Iron Man does not have City-block level durability. The latter seems like the more logical option, as it is highly unlikely that Thor was using all of his power, as he had very little reason to do so during his fight with Iron Man.

Also, I don't think Iron Man is vastly more durable, if at all, than War Machine, who is listed as having Building level durability.

In addition, why is Iron Man Mark 45 placed at Multi-city block level? That should only apply to the Hulkbuster armor. The Mark 45 armor didn't seem noticably more impressive than his usual armors, as it seems like Thor and Vision contributed the most to damaging Vibranium Ultron.

The only thing impressive about the Mark 45 armor was being in close proximity of the destruction of Sokovia. Other than that, I agree that Iron Man's normal durability be downgraded to Building Level like War Machine's. It matches the lower end of that Thor calc anyway.

It is also worth noting that Captain America was also able to pierce Ultron's Prime form with his shield, so Cap does have a previous feat of damaging an Iron Man level charcter, though Ultron Prime's durability is rated as Small building level for withstanding attacks from Iron Man and tanking the Quinjet's machine gun. As shown in this video at 00:58, Cap kicks his shield at Ultron with enough force that the shield is briefly embedded into Ultron's chest.

Spider-Man also staggered Giant-Man by swinging into him, restrained Giant-Man's legs with webbing, and survived a massive backhand that sent him flying partway across the airport, for what it's worth.

This is also the same Ultron Prime that Iron Man blew into pieces with a couple rockets. Plus, it's been established that the edge of the shield is that sharp.

Then someone will need to calc the helicopter feat, as I believe the directors stated that Captain America stopping the helicopter from taking off involved Cap being filled with adreneline and pushing himself to his limits. Thus, a calc of that feat should indeed give an indication of Cap's upper limits.

I agree that Iron Man's regular armor should have the same statistics as War Machine's.

I would also appreciate a calculation of Captain America's helicopter feat.

Antvasima said:
I agree that Iron Man's regular armor should have the same statistics as War Machine's.
Huh? How is it that a suit that is been updated frequently by Tony, equal to a suit that is now under the care of the USA goverment, and Tony's friend.

Hmm. I suppose that might be a good point, although such a massive difference intuitively seems unwarranted, especially as Captain America could damage the latest armor (likely an outlier, but still...).

I would appreciate more input from the community.

Actually, if War Machine has Building level durability from taking attacks from Iron Man, wouldn't that just give him Small Building level durability based on Iron Man's attack potency instead? Or am I missing something else?

It is likely a leftover forgotten during a previous MCU statistics revision.

Then shouldn't Iron Man and War Machine be downgraded to Small Building level durability due to other characters with equal attack potency being shown to consistently damage them?

I would also appreciate if somebody could ask some calculation group members about the helicopter feat.

Well, according to the above link, it seems to be a barely superhuman feat, so it may not be necessary to calculate it after all.

In order to more solidly place MCU characters in tiers, I think the following feats will need to be calced by someone:

1: Cap stops a helicopter(Edit: I did not see the previous message)

2: Iron Man survives getting shot out of the air by a tank (This might help more solidly place Iron Man's durability)

3: Hulk grabs a fighter jet pilot after the pilot ejected (Reaction speed feat is at 00:58. This is one of the better looking reaction speed feats I could find, and if it can upgrade the Hulk, would also scale to anyone who fought Hulk, including Thor and Iron Man, which would further scale to many others, including Captain America and Winter Soldier.)

Okay. You can place messages linking to this thread on the walls of a few calculation group members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back