• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lina Shields said:
Do note that Quicksilver's speed cannot be directly used to calculate KE, unless he was carrying an object while moving at that speed.

Since Quicksilver was not shown to carry anything while moving at that speed, the KE value cannot be used.
What about him rescuing those people during the train sequence or carrying Wanda then running during the South Africa battle and Sokovia battle?

@Peter i've checked the video and all in all it seems good, though i'm not sure about the half an inch assumption.

Also i really like that guy, he may not be an expert but he does a decent work at figuring a characters strength.

The difference in potential energy of the bridge from the point it started to where it stopped is PE = mgh = 27000*9.8*3

PE = 793800 Joules (0.189 kg TNT)

In the scene where Quicksilver has his Mach 5.8 feat, he either moves Hawkeye and the kid behind the car, or he moved the car in front of them. It's difficult to tell which occured, due to how the scene is shot, but that car was not there before Quicksilver arrived, which heavily implied that he moved something while moving at that speed.

So Spider-Man is likely at least Wall level+, then? His lifting strength should also be upgraded if he can lift almost 30 tons.

Even though the comic panel giving the 200 petawatt description was in fact from the Iron Man 2 Adaption Comic , which has the official canon seal on it and includes extra scenes that are considered canon despite not being in the movie, City level Iron Man seems like a massive contradiction to everything else, considering even Thor was only able to destroy a city with very specific circumstances on his side.

I agree about the massive contradiction part. The writer of the comicbook likely did not understand the actual practical scale of that number.

Fine, lets just ignore the petawatt laser feat. How anout when Iron Man uproot a tree by kicking Thor to it:

The Avengers Fight Scene Thor vs Iron Man vs Captain America HD-1
The Avengers Fight Scene Thor vs Iron Man vs Captain America HD-1

0:55-5:58
This was before Iron Man got amped to 400%.

A possible explanation for such a huge outlier as Cap fighting Iron Man could be that FRIDAY was not helping the suit .

Knowing the extent of powers of Iron Man , she knew that if Tony went all out , he would kill one of his only friends , and knowing Iron Man's pschycology , she knew he is a bit childlike , so Friday reduced the power of the suit , making him slower and less lethal .

This is the clearly seen when Tony was about to shoot Bucky with a rocket and she said that the targeting systems don't work and it was never shown how he lost his targeting systems

As for the airport , Iron Man himself said "to go" easy on Cap to Black Widow

And Cap damaging Iron Man is not exactly an outlier , he was also able to damage the exterior of Ultron's suit while taking The Cradle and was able to hurt Loki with his shield

It is still very inconsistent with their comparative levels of feats, but also rather typical for Marvel.

considering that cap and bucky only took down iron man by damaging it over and over again i wouldnt think it is such a outlier as it seems to be,

afterall, even a bee can kill a human if he attacks him over and over again without getting killed (and if his toxin is still not empthy and if he isnt stopped by getting killed),

and the same for cap, and this is why upgrading cap because of that seems wrong,

i would say that we could upgrade caps durability, he attacked iron man with his fists while doing full strength punches, but his fists didnt break, this should be mentioned, "cap can punch metal harder than steal with his fists alone and even cause some change in its structure while not breaking his bones"

Well, as I have mentioned several times previously, scaling Captain America from Iron Man is completely out of the question. Given that their respective feats are on a completely different scale, it is just standard Marvel Plot Induced Stupidity, in order to make fights more exciting, with the weaker characters not being completely useless.

I am very tired of this subject at this point, and would appreciate if you permanently drop it. Thank you.

^but PIS has nothing to do with the duability of caps fists, we cant scale him to IR in AP that is obvious but he still showed remarkable punching strength,

if cap is used in a h2h fight than the mentioning of this could secure his victory, (and the victory was attained by damage accumulation + bucky fighting alongside him so it cant be used anyway)...

didnt cap also hit a lot with his normal fists?

because that would deserve a least a note in his durablity stats...

I'd think no because humans tend to hold back just enough to not break their hand in a punch, be it ingrained from practice like mma fighters, or entirely subconscious like normal people when they try to act tough and punch the wall or something. Besides, Cap can punch a wall so making a metal suit flinch isn't all that farfetched.

I'd have to say yes since there are no new or current arguable upgrades at the moment, and any new ones can always have a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back