• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the Street Tiers being upgraded to High 8-C? All the calcs involved are within the 8-C to 8-C+ range.

It's literally in the top part of this calc in the OP:
Check the calc again, the yield tanked by Shuri is 8-C+.

If you're talking about scaling to the 4 tons of TNT value via the Namor vs Shuri fight, that's gonna be a hard no from me, Shuri relied on her claws and further weakening of Namor via the sun's heat to dehydrate him and hold an edge, and yet Namor still ran her through with a spear.

Why are the Street Tiers being upgraded to High 8-C? All the calcs involved are within the 8-C to 8-C+ range.
Check the calc again, the yield tanked by Shuri is 8-C+.

If you're talking about scaling to the 4 tons of TNT value via the Namor vs Shuri fight, that's gonna be a hard no from me, Shuri relied on her claws and further weakening of Namor via the sun's heat to dehydrate him and hold an edge, and yet Namor still ran her through with a spear.
But then again, why did you wait that long to reject the upgrades that was basically accepted by everyone else here when you could've pointed this out much earlier before these were applied? We could've known something was wrong

But then again, why did you wait that long to reject the upgrades that was basically accepted by everyone else here when you could've pointed this out much earlier before these were applied? We could've known something was wrong
I had no idea that y'all would actually push for High 8-C scaling via Namor, I thought you guys would stick to 8-C scaling via Peter and Shuri. I only just found out now.

That's not harming brother, he isn't winded out in the least bit, just pushed hard, he recovers immediately, also she has claws on her feet too.

Which is even worse because he doesn't suffer from wounds here at all..
Here at 0:55 she is absolutely hurting him

This is even worse because at this point he's even more dehydrated, and Shuri is using her claws on her hands and feet more liberally, and the suit shockwave is effectively a 9-A+ attack which was calc'd in the 0.17-0.19 ton of TNT range.
What does the shockwave have to do with anything that was just extra damage, also Namor doesn’t get weaker as the fight goes on he’s already dehydrated when it begins, nothing in the fight suggests that he’s more dehydrated than he was in the beginning until he gets flamed.

So Weakened Namor will stay high 8-C but we'd need a note in the case of Shuri if we aren't scaling them like that as to why she doesn't scale

So Weakened Namor will stay high 8-C but we'd need a note in the case of Shuri if we aren't scaling them like that as to why she doesn't scale
Perhaps something to the effect of "Due to Namor's weakness to dehydration and the properties of Shuri's claws, please refrain from scaling her to him outright"

Consistent with the idea Namor is = Thor out of water tbh
Even then, we already went over that and that isn't the case considering the statement never even referred to which version of thor

I do agree that Shuri shouldn't scale to Namor outright since he had the upper hand in raw strength during their final fight and she had to resort to using her claws and outsmarting him, but there are genuine instances where she does harm him:
Instead of downgrading her to 8-C+ I think it would make more sense to downgrade the current High 8-C's who scale to Shuri to "At most High 8-C".

I do agree that Shuri shouldn't scale to Namor outright since he had the upper hand in raw strength during their final fight and she had to resort to using her claws and outsmarting him, but there are genuine instances where she does harm him:
Instead of downgrading her to 8-C+ I think it would make more sense to downgrade the current High 8-C's who scale to Shuri to "At most High 8-C".
At most High 8-C makes sense to me

i agree with this

@KLOL506 @Lonkitt thoughts?

I'm not in favour of giving them At most ratings. I'll wait for more responses

I don't agree with giving them an "At most" rating in any scenario here whatsoever.

Already addressed, he is only shoved, and he isn't even staggered.

Beach fight, where the sun is now weakening him even further.

Used her feet with claws, again, when in the sun.

Already addressed, he is only shoved, and he isn't even staggered.
Disagree with this. He yells out in pain and staggers on the wall for a bit, not for too long but he clearly felt it.
Beach fight, where the sun is now weakening him even further.
At that point in the fight nothing suggests that he's gotten weaker since landing on the beach.
Used her feet with claws, again, when in the sun.
So she roundhouse kicked him and then dropped kicked him, both of which had audible thuds, with her claws, even though none of the kicks left scratches on his body?

Also I just wanna note that if 8-C+ gets added to the pages, previous 8-C matchups shouldn't be added back

Disagree with this. He yells out in pain and staggers on the wall for a bit, not for too long but he clearly felt it.
That's from the shove. And even if we were to take the scream into account, you have to remember that Shuri has claws on her feet too.

At that point in the fight nothing suggests that he's gotten weaker since landing on the beach.
He's visibly sweating and unable to hold his balance.

So she roundhouse kicked him and then dropped kicked him, both of which had audible thuds, with her claws, even though none of the kicks left scratches on his body?
And remember, he's getting dehydrated even further.

The portion of the explosion that Shuri tanked was 1.2 tons of tnt, the baseline for High 8-C is 2 tons, is it that unbelievable that she downscales to baseline?

The portion of the explosion that Shuri tanked was 1.2 tons of tnt, the baseline for High 8-C is 2 tons, is it that unbelievable that she downscales to baseline?
We don't allow upscaling to the next tier if they're not within 1.1-1.2x of the next tier.

That's from the shove. And even if we were to take the scream into account, you have to remember that Shuri has claws on her feet too.
I think the claws should be a moot point unless there's an audio cue or a visible scratch left on his body to show that the claws are what did the damage. Also I don't see the logic that him hitting the wall was somehow more damaging than the actual kick he got to the back from Shuri.
He's visibly sweating and unable to hold his balance.
It's not that he was unable to hold his balance, right before he was fighting just fine, it's just that Shuri gained the upper hand.
And remember, he's getting dehydrated even further.
He's not much more dehydrated in that clip than he was when he was overpowering Shuri so downscaling would still make sense imo.

I think the claws should be a moot point unless there's an audio cue or a visible scratch left on his body to show that the claws are what did the damage. Also I don't see the logic that him hitting the wall was somehow more damaging than the actual kick he got to the back from Shuri.
I never stated that he got damaged by hitting the wall.

It's not that he was unable to hold his balance, right before he was fighting just fine, it's just that Shuri gained the upper hand.
Which she had a harder time doing so in the ship, never mind the fact that Namor had to take the explosion too which would weaken him further.

He's not much more dehydrated in that clip than he was when he was overpowering Shuri so downscaling would still make sense imo.
There is also the explosion to take into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back