• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp see yall in tomorrow to apply🫡
b16.jpg

Wait why was rockets durability upped to 8-A I thought he'd scale to 8-C like Quill?

Do I not know how rockets scaling works??😭😭

Wait why was rockets durability upped to 8-A I thought he'd scale to 8-C like Quill?

Do I not know how rockets scaling works??😭😭
Abilisk scaling lol. Rocket downscales just like Gamora and Star-Lord
Won't this affect Quicksilver?
Yep, though Quicksilver was already "Varies, up to High 8-C in super-speed". I just added "at least" next to High 8-C because of Ultron

I'm neutral on scaling all the Guardians to 8-A physically, considering Drax and adult Groot generally seemed to be portrayed as being stronger than the rest, but it is true that Star-Lord took a couple hits from the Abilisk and Gamora did break Groot's vines, so...

At bare minimum, Rocket's energy shields should have 8-A durability for withstanding his explosives going off at close range.

If we are keeping 8-A physically for the Guardians, I'm assuming we'd probably have to dismiss Iron Spider withstanding being kicked by Star-Lord in Infinity War.

Are we sure that they should be 8-A because of that though? Their weapons should scale sure but idk about their base power
WHERE THE HELL IS 8A scaling coming from
It mainly comes down to Korath being able to withstand shots from Star-Lord's Quad Blasters, which could damage Ego's energy constructs, which scales to his this.

Gamora and Star-Lord scaling is because of downscaling from the Abilisk and Groot, both of whom scale to Drax, who scales Korath
Star-Lord took a couple hits from the Abilisk and Gamora did break Groot's vines
If 8-A base power is too controversial, Korath scaling to the Quad Blasters can be considered it an outlier or sth, and the Abilisk can just be a stonewall (8-A durability but 8-C AP)

Last edited:
If 8-A base power is too controversial, Korath scaling to the Quad Blasters can be considered it an outlier or sth, and the Abilisk can just be a stonewall (8-A durability but 8-C AP)
I don’t think 8-A base power for characters like Korath and Drax should be outlier it just shouldn’t apply to everyone, why not just say that Star Lord being hit by the Abilisk is an outlier?

If we are keeping 8-A physically for the Guardians, I'm assuming we'd probably have to dismiss Iron Spider withstanding being kicked by Star-Lord in Infinity War.
Didn't see this. I guess we're either upgrading the Iron Spider and others who scale to him to 8-A, or 8-A GOTG physical scaling has to go
Yeah, I was under the assumption this revision meant giving the Guardians 8-C ratings while 8-A applied to any relevant weaponry
Honestly, if it weren't for Korath + all the GOTG fighting/taking hits from Abilisk and Ego, this wouldn't be an issue

Last edited:
Just a question, but wouldn't Mark 2 to 5 Iron Man scale above Civil War Iron Man due to them being armors made for combat?
Hard to say. The Civil War Iron Man armor seems like it should still have a superior arc reactor to those early armors (which had the palladium core), and the current 8-C+ rating for Mark 2 to 5 is backed up by both a 8 gigajoule (1.912 ton) statement and a calculated feat that gave results of 1.954 tons, which seems remarkably consistent.

Honestly, if it weren't for Korath + all the GOTG fighting/taking hits from Abilisk and Ego, this wouldn't be an issue
How badly do characters like Star-Lord get hit by Ego because if it’s as egregious as with the Abilisk I don’t know what we should do. Imo I think the ratings for the Guardians should be like this:

9-C: Mantis (Jumping feat from Holiday Special) and Baby Groot

At least 9-A: Rocket (That’s the value of the explosion he withstood before the final fight in Endgame)

8-C: Star-Lord (Explosion feat), Yondu (Comparable to Star-Lord) and Teenage Groot (Killed Outriders)

At least High 8-C: Nebula (Canonically overpowered Bucky) and Gamora (Comparable to but is stronger than Nebula)

8-A: Drax (Comparable to Korath), Adult Groot (Held his own against Drax), Gamoras Godslayer (Can kill Asguardians), and the teams weaponry

Last edited:
How badly do characters like Star-Lord get hit by Ego because if it’s as egregious as with the Abilisk I don’t know what we should do. Imo I think the ratings for the Guardians should be like this:

9-C: Mantis (Jumping feat from Holiday Special) and Baby Groot

At least 9-A: Rocket (That’s the value of the explosion he withstood before the final fight in Endgame)

8-C: Star-Lord (Explosion feat) and Yondu (Comparable to Star-Lord) and Teenage Groot (Killed Outriders)

At least High 8-C: Nebula (Canonically overpowered Bucky) and Gamora (Comparable to but is stronger than Nebula)

8-A: Drax (Comparable to Korath) and Adult Groot (Held his own against Drax)
I'm pretty sure Peter should get At most High 8-C, considering he somewhat held his own against Gamora.

Imo, if the scaling is alright, it should be okay to keep the ratings. At the very least, we know that Star-Lord, Rocket and Yondu physically downscale from full 8-A Guardians, so they have "At most" next to their tiers

All that's really left here is probably making Iron Spider and those who scale to him "At most 8-A"
That could complicate things, considering it wouldn't really make sense for Doc Ock's tentacles to be a couple dozen times more powerful than regular Spider-Men in terms of AP.

Imo, if the scaling is alright, it should be okay to keep the ratings. At the very least, we know that Star-Lord, Rocket and Yondu physically downscale from full 8-A Guardians, so they have "At most" next to their tiers

All that's really left here is probably making Iron Spider and those who scale to him "At most 8-A"
I don't agree with 8-A Spideys cause last time we had a big debate on it on why they shouldn't scale to Electro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back