• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Multipliers?

This is a relatively simple thread (I hope).

Basically, in Mario Party 2, the Power Stars grant Mario a 10x increase in strength. How do we know this? Because Bowser uses his metal transformation to give him the weight of 10 Bowsers, with Mario unable to throw him in this state until he has a Star given to him. This seems like a clear multiplier to me. Before, we didn't know exactly how much Power Stars increase Mario's strength by, but now we have an example of just one increasing it up to ten times.

This of course means that with the maximum number of Power Stars Mario can have, whether you see it as 120 or 150, I'll use 150. That's a 1,500x increase in strength if I'm not mistaken.

So basically just add the fact that Power Stars can increase Mario's strength up to 10x and then list the absolute maximum multiplier he can get. This SHOULD be simple but we'll see.

I am not really sure I buy this as a 1200x or 1500x multiplier would literally turn a stomp around and would defeat the purpose of needing to collect That many.

I mean, this seems relatively solid, but as everyone else has said, this would only apply to LS, yeah. Since it’s a lifting/weight feat.

How is it established Mario's specific max base strength he can only lift Bowser here though....? :confused: I think the multiplier would be different than 10x if we are basing it off his feats with that only in mind; I guess for a low end unamped LS feat for this era he can lift King Bob-omb and with effort toss him a lil bit of distance, compared to the force feat of chucking extra thicc Bowser into outer space, which would result in a way higher multiplier than merely lifting.

Last edited:
I'm actually planning a CRT for this. See, I've always thought Mario should have a 3-B key and Multi-Stellar lifting strength after the latest calculation in Mario Party 4 a month ago.

This is not true, to amp strength a certain amount of times isn't the rule going on, it's simply to amp strength. More of the same would simply amp the power more to an unknown degree, not following that same multiplier. More to it, 1 Power Star allowed Mario to one-shot Bowser and toss him across the world, far more Power Stars aren't going to do far less unless he's using less power from them or if Bowser's single Power Star counters what Mario has going on.

Based on the Multipliers page we may need some evidence that this applies to more than just Lifting Strength.

"One should also consider which statistic a multiplier applies to. If a character just gets 10 times more powerful, then that doesn't necessarily means that all of its statistics are multiplied by 10."

Back