• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinning the planet might get a pretty decent result with a calc. I think stopping the earths rotation was 5-C, so accelerating it further should support tier 5.

@Wokistan Still a flawed argument considering since there are still mutiple characters who didn't not had this requirment such as Megaman, specifically Classic and X. It just sound like a condition made up on the fly because of personal issues. And the mutiple keys are from the power boost the gain from items. Not the games they appeared in. It's already discussed that doing so vice versa, will make the profiles a complete mess and unorginaized considering the wide array of feats among the games, making the suggestion overall worse.

@Theuser789 No, he did not. That was SMG1 where he used ships. He outright flew as seen in the start of SMG2. Mario and co. was able to chase and even react to the Koopa Clown Cars mutiple times, platformers (Eg. Super Mario Run) and other genres alike. If you trying to claim they never done so, that's incorrect. Especially when this has been a thing since SMW.

Either way, it's not happening. I've been throught this many times and I'm not going to let it interrupt me this time.

I don't really know mega Man, but all the verses i do know of do have to have consistency within themselves and many are aided bt a direct continuity.

The keys themselves don't have to change though. Power stars are already a separate key that's from High 4-C to 3-C, cocerinf the feats in both versions of mario 64 and in the galaxy games. I'm more concerned with the first key.

For the game verses thing, idk if this is unusual or not but I look for multiple feats of a level with my own verses to use (Destiny for example has like 6 different instances of moon busting or moving, several in the same book). Obv I can't say 6 per game for every verse, that would be unreasonable, but I do not see the issue with saying tier 4 featuring in 4 games that all have power stars in common shouldn't scale to the vast majority of games without the power stars that we already accept as boosting power.

CB, can you do us all a favor (along with anyone else with some hate boner or bias against this series) and shut up about Sonic for once? Like this wiki just like to use Sonic as an example for just about anything bad or whenever a CRT is being made for both series and such. Sonic is cool and all, but he's irrelevant to this thread right here. You don't need to bring him up for shit at all.

Yeah Wok and User seem to be making the most sense here

@Anomalous Having a Sonic profile doesn't mean I hate Mario as it's quite the opposite.Also you're intentionally causing drama which will only make the thread worse so cut that out

I was going to angrily post but like, DMB said what I needed to quite well. The idea that Mario's tier changes between games is asinine and something we don't apply to literally any other franchise, bar none. I say that with no exaggeration. Within the 20K profiles we have here, this is the only instance this has ever come up. Like gosh darn, Galaxy has good feats. Deal with it. Mario's been beating Power Star empowered opponents since 64, and there's nothing stating that Power Stars in Galaxy are stronger than they are in any other game. Yoshi's feat only supports it. You guys are going "this feat is too high so I'm going to quarantine it" and calling it an outlier without calling it an outlier. It's bs.

About speed. Mario. Can't. Fly. Not without powerups. Luma grants him the power to traverse the universe because Mario can't fly on his own. NOTHING states that Luma ups his stats at all, speed, power, or otherwise. Otherwise Yoshi in the sequel wouldn't be able to accomplish the same things Mario can. Nothing states that all Launch Stars aren't created equal. Obviously Mario and the cast don't have MFTL+ travel speed. I can promise you that 90% of the profiles on here aren't ranked by their travel speeds, but by their combat and reaction speeds. The Starship Mario feat will be downgraded to 2 trillion c though. But I can't think of a single feat where we're going "oh, this character wasn't going full speed" instead of scaling them to that character, like what Theuser is saying we should do here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to playing my visual novel about crippled girls.

Oblivion Lightning said:
Yeah Wok and User seem to be making the most sense here

@Anomalous Having a Sonic profile doesn't mean I hate Mario as it's quite the opposite.Also you're intentionally causing drama which will only make the thread worse so cut that out
I never said nor anything of the mentioned you are getting the wrong idea and this is just me being nice let's just stay grounded on Mario here.

Power stars in 64 aren't being co sidered weaker than the ones in galaxy though. 64 ans 64 DS would also fall into the "empowered by power stars" category, which was why I said 4 games.

Actually, we do treat comics like that. Also SCP. Even Warhammer kinda gets in on it. Consistency has always been important and not having defined continuity causes issues there. (Granted we've probably overlooked stuff but you gotta start somewhere)

I outright said Yoshi's thing was an outlier alongside it just not making sense unless he grows to star size when he dies for no reason

It seems this is coming up so I guess I must be coming off the wrong way, but I'm not saying literally every game needs a tier 4 feat. My issues are:

• The clear and blatant tier 4 feats that nobody questions are power star related
  • Non power star feats are enhanced forms like dreamy Luigi at best, or dubious at worst like Yoshi
  • Mario doesn't have defined continuity, so we can't assume linear power progression for evrrything
  • Weaker things are often considered impressive in context

Who gives a shit if the feat makes no sense. News flash, it's fiction. DQIX used to be scaled to 4-C due to a dude who turned him and his girl into the brightest stars in the sky. Guy explodes into a star, it's tier 4. End of story.

A ton of false equivalencies. No, we don't treat comics like that. I haven't seen a single profile that was like "Oh, this guy scales to Superman but Superman only performed tier 7 feats in that issue so lol". SCP has alternate canons, so no correlation. One 682 made by the dude who wrote the story has him as some hard to kill 8-C. Extended canon has him as a 2-A being. It's like the Cthulhu Mythos to the Expanded Cthulhu Mythos.

I was doubtful anyways I didn't fully mean it with hostile intentions.

I'm not agreeing because I dislike Mario as I really like Mario_On this site however IMO the best thing to do to make the profiles more accurate is to have a downgrade

It seems this is coming up so I guess I must be coming off the wrong way, but I'm not saying literally every game needs a tier 4 feat. My issues are:

• The clear and blatant tier 4 feats that nobody questions are power star related
...and?

• Non power star feats are enhanced forms like dreamy Luigi at best, or dubious at worst like Yoshi
see above

• Mario doesn't have defined continuity, so we can't assume linear power progression for evrrything
Who said anything about linear power progression? What, does everything have to be scaled like it's Dragon Ball now?

Best downgrade Final Fantasy because Zach canonically died to bullets. </div>

Raphael exploding happens because it was enhanced by Kamek's magic (as it dies the same as every other boss in the game that he enhances.) it doesn't just happened for no reason.

This point I just don't get behind.

Just gonna point out that Yoshi can create a Power Moon out of thin air and shit it out. And the Ruined Dragon can also produce one from its horn. And pretty sure that base characters can beat Power Star-amped stuff on their own. So characters probably scales to individual Power Stars.

We actually have done that, discounted scaling to a character because they weren't portrayed as strong in that comic. Happens when people try and scale abstracts to TLT and shit, for instance. Comics ratings also need a lot more feats on average or really concrete scaling.

SCP is still a verse we do this for, so it fits your statement. Mario also doesn't really have a defined Canon, to my knowledge.

Feat being illogical does call into question it's legitimacy though, as does nothing else approaching such a level.

I'm not agreeing because I dislike Mario as I really like Mario_On this site however IMO the best thing to do to make the profiles more accurate is to have a downgrade

And I take a liking to Sonic too but despite the mentioned above I have to slightly disagree, I feel like the downgrade will bite everyone in the Arse one day I can feel it.

I could probably go find a bunch of instances of ant denying something with a phrase like "x was not portrayed as powerful like these other writers portray him in this instance" on the topic of comics. There's a reason they got their own scaling rules.

Still an example of us not instantly accepting one feat for all instances. Even comics usually has the benefit of defined canons. scaling to 1-As isn't quite that direct because Oblivion was an illusion but that's besides the point

If not that, there's also 40k. Some downgrades need to be done because assuming every daemon is tier 5/4 is bad, Ahriman wasn't 4-B for a while until he got his own personal tier 4 feat and was blatantly incredibly powerful comparatively, shards of Khaine are evaluated on an individual basis because of how absurdly inconsistent they are, etc.

For the record if the galaxy and 64 stuff wasn't amped i wouldn't even say tier 4 is an outlier. 6 tier 4 things is a pretty decent number especially when 4 of them are throughout the game. However, with those being explicitly amped, we are left with:

• A feat done by someone who Mario barely hurts and is clearly stronger, requiring an amped Luigi
  • A rather sketch feat imo
which makes the outlier thing more prevalent.

The real cal howard said:
...and?

see above

Who said anything about linear power progression? What, does everything have to be scaled like it's Dragon Ball now?

Best downgrade Final Fantasy because Zach canonically died to bullets.
</div>

And this means they shouldn't immediately scale to not power star related

Above

If there's no defined continuity how can we be sure that stuff like this is mantsined?

I do legit question final fantasy stuff but idk the verse as well and some of it might just be that i don't like background change for stats

It seems to be where stuff like 4-A and 3-C come from, though again I don't know that verse and it's sorta off topic. There are a lot more things on this site I question than just Mario, and even then I think tier 5 base is fine with tiers 4 and 3 with stars.

I agree 100% with Dino Ranger Black here. Mario is a bit more like Looney Toons, Popeye, ect. He doesn't really have specific continuity and all Video Games published by Nintendo are canon to Mario. Also, he has plenty of Tier 4 feats outside the galaxy games. Super Mario 64 has plenty of Tier 4 feats that Mario has consistently defeated. And the Yoshi games have plenty of Tier 4 feats that Mario cast performed without power ups. There's the constellation feat in Yoshi's Island as well as Baby Bowser turning Yoshi's Island into a pop up book. In the Pop Up book, there is a starry sky inside it, so that would be a 4-A feat. And it's also consistent with the 4-A feats shown in Wario World.

As for speed, Mario has been shown to punch objects while flying at Massively FTL+ speed so it does scale to his combat speed. And he's also got speed feats like that in Dream Team and the Mario Party games. There's the Fake Milential star flying to the center of the Universe, and Bowser's Clown Car traveling from galaxy to galaxy. And once again, many different Mario games constantly reference other Mario games as being part of the main canon. Super Mario, Paper Mario, the Galaxy games, the Mario and Luigi series, Mario Party, Mario Sports, and Mario Kart. It's all part of one big canon. And making a key for each and every Mario game is a big no and just makes a big scrambled mess. And we'd have to do the same thing to a bunch of Marvel and DC characters by that logic.

Looney tunes and Popeye are also things I'm kinda sketched out by, particularly the former (though it is a composite, i guess)

I'M not separating by galaxy and not galaxy, i aam by power stars and not power stars. Both 64s use power stars. They belong with the galaxy games int hat regard.

What's the 4-A warrior world and Yoshi feats? I explained why I don't like the dude turning to a star, though others disagree with that

I don't really know where the argument is at for speed. Don't really feel strongly about it.

Literally never said make a key for each game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back