• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know what's still outstanding on this thread, and what's currently been accepted. Clarifying that would be a good start.

Concept Manipulation has been questioned but I don't see what else we can qualify it as. I've explained in detail how paint works and what It does beyond the other powers and abilities that don't fit anything else besides concept manipulation on this site.

Everything but Death Manipulation, Star Amps, and Pain Manipulation from the OP I think we're accepted. The regen part is dependent on an item but has also been questioned. Though the fact Paint makes up Souls and the Mind and Body and one can recover themselves with the 1-Up Shroom does lend credence to this idea. But idk.

I think that's it

Oh wait lol the things I listed that were disagreed with aren't even for this thread sorry. I relied on my memory of a previous thread.

The Concept Manip, Regen, and Death Manip are the only things of this thread that were questioned

Putting concept stuff aside for now then, I'll go through everything in the OP.
  • Memory Manipulation seems fine. Paint can also connect peoples minds iirc.
  • Empathic Manipulation seems fine
  • Biological + Life Manipulation probably cover this better than blood manipulation. I guess this is from Huey though.
  • Matter Manipulation seems fine
  • Death Manipulation seems superfluous, removing all of one's matter/soul/concept would kill them anyway.
  • I don't get inorganic physiology here.
  • I don't get spatial manipulation either
  • Soul Manipulation based on Boos? Ok I guess
  • Pain Manipulation for black paint seems wrong. It's painful because of its toxic properties, it'd be more like Corrosion Inducement or Acid Manipulation.

Oh that... honestly seems kinda like a toon force feat lol. Considering a Toad had a deck chair set up on it I seriously doubt that can be considered a void. Seems more like a sort of matter manipulation to me.

Well there's also the fact Huey uses paint to manipulate dimensions and ascend to a higher one and can use this to have Mario cross areas he normally wouldn't be able to

I would still occupy the paint, but it would be something that we could only give to huey... and it makes sense since he seems to know more about " paint " in general...

We've gotten most of the agreements to the abilities, the only debate is Concept Manip. So far no one has replied to my last messages

Not really seeing this as conceptual manipulation myself tbh.
But then again, I ask, what is it then? Altering the properties and functionality of all things has to be an ability. Paint itself pervades throughout the entire setting, as it makes up dimensions and space and governs how things behave. It also governs things like the mind and soul.

Is that not a concept? If not, what is it?

I really don't feel like fetching the scans for things that have been discussed for several threads now. Pretty sure some are even in this thread.

But Boos and Spirits exist in the game and they require paint to exist too.

And personally power modification seems too focused on abilities than altering just random existing things. Making the flow of water stop completely and become a solid blank space, making the clouds in the sky halt and leaving a white space In the sky, making a hole walkable by removing the empty space, disallowing a door from being opened or a pipe to transport people, etc. Things seem to like completely lose all life when paint is drained. It's not as simple as "speed is strength now" or "your powers are different now!"

But then again, I ask, what is it then? Altering the properties and functionality of all things has to be an ability. Paint itself pervades throughout the entire setting, as it makes up dimensions and space and governs how things behave. It also governs things like the mind and soul.

Is that not a concept? If not, what is it?
Can I see scans for the last two? Otherwise that just sounds like Power Modification.
Paint makes up the pure hearts obviously, since the Pure Hearts have colour. The Pure Hearts are stated to be the embodiment of love, the purest essence of love, and are literally the feelings of everyone and are born from emotion. That's textbook abstract existence type 1

It also makes up literal thoughts, which is AE Type 1

What? I didn't scale anything to the pure hearts

The scan is everywhere, even 3 replies above yours
Did you need an "in any way" after that? Also pure hearts are type 2 AE.

The "color your thoughts" scan doesn't sound very convincing for being Concept Manipulation, on its own its just mind Manipulation and with context it could be purification and such.

Did you need an "in any way" after that? Also pure hearts are type 2 AE.

The "color your thoughts" scan doesn't sound very convincing for being Concept Manipulation, on its own its just mind Manipulation and with context it could be purification and such.
Why are they type 2 AE?

Nobody said coloring thoughts was conceptual manipulation. Its because paint is fundamental enough to where it makes up things with type 1 AE

What does this qualify as then? Still, no one has given an accurate label. If not concept manipulation what is it? I thought manipulating a fundamental aspect of reality that is responsible for both physical and non-physical was concept manipulation. But if it's something else that's fine. I don't think Power Modification fits personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back