• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I'm saying that paint is what makes up even abstract things.
Where? We have all sorts of Manipulations but no concept Manipulation.

And even if it did embody AE1 things, it still wouldn't be concept Manipulation.

And there doesn't have to be an alternative to what it is, it's something that has a lot of powers, yes, but the thing is there doesn't have to be this all consuming overarching power for it.

Where? We have all sorts of Manipulations but no concept Manipulation.

And even if it did embody AE1 things, it still wouldn't be concept Manipulation.

And there doesn't have to be an alternative to what it is, it's something that has a lot of powers, yes, but the thing is there doesn't have to be this all consuming overarching power for it.
I'm talking about how if Paint is fundamental enough to where it makes up things with AE type 1, it would also have AE type 1. Manipulating paint in its various forms would be conceptual manipulation

I'm talking about how if Paint is fundamental enough to where it makes up things with AE type 1, it would also have AE type 1. Manipulating paint in its various forms would be conceptual manipulation
How did you get into your head that "make up Thoughts=conceptual manipulation", that's just NPI, being AE 1 yourself, and mind manipulation, also paint is just mind manipulation for that.

If that's your argument then I'm sorry but you never had a base to begin with

How did you get into your head that "make up Thoughts=conceptual manipulation", that's just NPI, being AE 1 yourself, and mind manipulation, also paint is just mind manipulation for that.

If that's your argument then I'm sorry but you never had a base to begin with
I didn't even say that making up thoughts is conceptual manipulation, I said it was AE Type 1

There are characters who can manipulate paint, so its manipulating AE Type 1, which is concept manipulation.

I didn't even say that making up thoughts is conceptual manipulation, I said it was AE Type 1

There are characters who can manipulate paint, so its manipulating AE Type 1, which is concept manipulation.

That's for simply interacting with them. Not erasing, or manipulating them completely. It seems you misunderstood everything I said

That's for simply interacting with them. Not erasing, or manipulating them completely. It seems you misunderstood everything I said
There are numerous types of AE 1, just manipulating/erasing something that's AE 1 is literally NPI+whatever that something is, and it's Mind Manipulation here.

But honestly just... good lord, this doesn't need explaining, not only is every kind of AE 1 generally separated, but concepts=/=Ideas=/=Thoughts=/=concepts.

I'm trying to figure out if I should be baffled while laughing or just be baffled, this is like, really obvious stuff your clearly ignorant of, or just trolling.

A thought CAN create ideas, but they are fundamentally separate.

Also, when it comes to concepts, that shit has to be stated and hopefully shown and you gotta pray it ain't able to be dismissed as flowery language.

I'm trying to figure out if I should be baffled while laughing or just be baffled, this is like, really obvious stuff your clearly ignorant of, or just trolling.

A thought CAN create ideas, but they are fundamentally separate.

Also, when it comes to concepts, that shit has to be stated and hopefully shown and you gotta pray it ain't able to be dismissed as flowery language.
Im asking you to prove that thoughts are fundamentally different from ideas. They are synonymous with each other

"Flowery language" is a positive claim, you'd have to prove it as well. The context also had nothing flowery in it

Im asking you to prove that thoughts are fundamentally different from ideas. They are synonymous with each other

"Flowery language" is a positive claim, you'd have to prove it as well. The context also had nothing flowery in it
An idea is like a suggestion, it can be formed from a thought, but a Thought encompasses any speaking you do in your mind, or even your dreams and what you imagine up.

I already explained it before, but under no circumstances does paint have conceptual manipulation, if your questioning why... well I guess literally everyone has conceptual manipulation, I have conceptual manipulation, you have conceptual manipulation, we all have conceptual manipulation- does that sound very realistic to you?
Synonyms are also just things that are compared to other things
Except in this case an idea isn't just blabbering on, there are way too god damn many things a thought COULD make that an idea just becomes lost in the waves.

I already explained it before, but under no circumstances does paint have conceptual manipulation, if your questioning why... well I guess literally everyone has conceptual manipulation, I have conceptual manipulation, you have conceptual manipulation, we all have conceptual manipulation- does that sound very realistic to you?

Except in this case an idea isn't just blabbering on, there are way too god damn many things a thought COULD make that an idea just becomes lost in the waves.
Mario can create, erase, destroy, transmute, absorb paint

Alright, name all of those things

Mario can create, erase, destroy, transmute, absorb paint

Alright, name all of those things
Paint ain't thoughts.

Did you seriously just ask me to start listing like 5 dozen things? I have better debates to partake in then a stone waller who just doesn't know how the wiki operates for what they're talking about it seems.

I didnt say it wasn't mind manipulation. Nobody ever said coloring thoughts was conceptual manipulation. If you still don't know what that scan is for, I suggest you scale other verses instead of Mario

I didnt say it wasn't mind manipulation. Nobody ever said coloring thoughts was conceptual manipulation. If you still don't know what that scan is for, I suggest you scale other verses instead of Mario
Yes it is. Your trying to get paint to be thoughts, which you think will lead to ideas, which you think then will lead to concept Manipulation. This is your entire argument in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back