• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so that proves paint has AE type 1

The witch here basically said she applied paint to the individuals thoughts. This in apsolutely no way means that paint is thoughts, it in fact goes against that notion by having to be applied/used.
Do you know what paint does? Explain what it does and how it makes up things

Do you know what paint does? Explain what it does and how it makes up things
"Do you know the reason of this thread because I apsolutely need paint to be something other then a pile of hax"

Yes I know what paint does, having to be applied to thoughts and that statement alone literally means Paint CANNOT be thoughts, it may be able to effect thoughts in some way or another, but the statement contradicts it being thoughts.

"Do you know the reason of this thread because I apsolutely need paint to be something other then a pile of hax"

Yes I know what paint does, having to be applied to thoughts and that statement alone literally means Paint CANNOT be thoughts, it may be able to effect thoughts in some way or another, but the statement contradicts it being thoughts.
Ok, tell me what paint does

I definitely agree with Concept Manip, as Paint seems to the fundamental part of everything that exists.

Should it be Type 2 or 1 tho? I'd prefer 2 based on what I saw tho.

Man i didn't know the great wall of China was here, though the fact "Paint is conceptual Manipulation and AE 1" is on it is a bit distracting...

Paint "colouring thoughts" doesn't make it an abstract. A thought is a synonym of idea only in the sense of "hey, I've got a good idea!", not in the sense we mean when talking about concepts. It is however some form of Telepathy.

Can we drop that part now? This was far more long-winded than it needed to be

Paint "colouring thoughts" doesn't make it an abstract. A thought is a synonym of idea only in the sense of "hey, I've got a good idea!", not in the sense we mean when talking about concepts. It is however some form of Telepathy.

Can we drop that part now? This was far more long-winded than it needed to be
Agreed. I personally agree with paint being concept manip and all the abilities presented.

Paint being a fundamental aspect of literally everything doesn't make it some form of concept? Tell me that. I'm supposed to believe it's just NPI when it's responsible for space and exists in other dimensions (some implied to be higher in dimensionality)? Does being able to manipulate this thing that governs how literally everything functions in the verse not qualify as CM? I've seen other verses get CM for less.

Paint has a lot of powers yes, but manipulating Paint itself as it is in Paper Mario seems to be some ability in of itself. And I think CM fits it the most from what I've seen. Paint itself is the abstract here.

Paint being a fundamental aspect of literally everything doesn't make it some form of concept? Tell me that. I'm supposed to believe it's just NPI when it's responsible for space and exists in other dimensions (some implied to be higher in dimensionality)? Does being able to manipulate this thing that governs how literally everything functions in the verse not qualify as CM? I've seen other verses get CM for less.

Paint has a lot of powers yes, but manipulating Paint itself as it is in Paper Mario seems to be some ability in of itself. And I think CM fits it the most from what I've seen. Paint itself is the abstract here.
I’ve thought over everything, and if paint governs the aspect of literally everything including physical things, non physical things, pocket realities/dimensions, and I guess even influenced to higher dimensional things, then whose to say that it wouldn’t apply to abstract things too? Paint is literally controlling the very concept of everything therefore abstract things as well. I’m agreeing with Fox atm.

It's responsible for memories, text in a book, can be used to change the dimensions in a digital world only coded to be 2D, light, souls, life, emotions, being able to attack at all, space and likely dimensions as it exists in parallel universes and higher dimensions...

What specific proof do we need?

Last edited:
  • Concept Alteration: The ability to manipulate, alter, or change concepts. By using this ability, concepts themselves can be changed in a variety of ways. The concept can have have an object added to it, an object taken from it, or change the current principle of the concept. If a concept is changed, the world is altered in some way to fit this new conceptual definition, though the extent of this varies by the type of concept being manipulated.
  • Concept Destruction: The ability to destroy or remove a concept. By using the ability concepts are removed from reality. This can be wide-spread or very targeted, either erasing the concept of an overarching fundamental principle, such as space, or an individual. When destroyed at this level, nothing can be restored without using similarly powerful conceptual creation. Conventional regeneration or resurrection, no matter how powerful, would prove impossible as the very abstract concept of the character would not exist.
These are pretty interesting. The world does change when theas concepts are altered. A door is not a door anymore. It may still look like a door but it doesn't function like one anymore. Fire that used to decorate torches ceases to exist when color is drained. Skies do not move, water does not run and becomes solid, empty space can even have color drained to make it a blank walkable surface. Without Paint there wouldn't be light, as evidenced by the sea part of the game where you need to place a lightbulb in the lighthouse to light the dark void that forms in the world. This Lightbulb can only exist and function when you give it paint. Properties like heat also cease to exist.

You can only heal these colorless spots and characters by utilizing the stolen paint too. Enemies and characters that have shown regeneration cannot regenerate or resurrect after their paint is lost.

And yes I think Type 2 could fit after reading the page

I'm still thinking this could be something. I think a concept fits personally. What else would it be? Don't concepts govern how the world works/functions? Paint does that. It makes up everything and when removed from that something they lose all functionality. It even exists within other universes and makes up space and dimensions. What else do we need to prove something is a concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back