• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its already accepted that paint is conceptual in Mario.

Essentially, manipulating paint is manipulating not just concept of "you", but multiple different concepts. The concept of your memory, life, soul etc
So I tried to see if I could make a list of abilities paint manipulation would give
Ned has already made a blog on some abilities of paint
More abilities it would grant:
Memory Manip(Toad couldn't remember anything with the loss of paint on his head. Returning paint gave his memories back)
Emotion Manipulation(Paint makes up emotions)
Blood manipulation (it makes up blood)
Conceptual Erasure for people who can destroy all the paint
Matter manipulation (Paint is the fundamental essence of all forms of matter. Includes liquid and solid)
Death Manipulation (Removing all paint would remove the concept of life)
Durability Negation (To damage paint is to damage one's concept)
Non-Physical interaction (Paint users can interact with beings without paint, thus granting the ability to interact with beings who have Type 2 Nonexistent Physiology

Additional stuff for certain characters
Bowser
Limited High Godly Regen Regenned his paint after it was all removed completely by black paint.

People who would get paint manipulation and resistance to it.
Mario and paper mario
Dimentio
Count Bleck
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Shy Guy
Goomba
Kamek Shown here, though he would have lost badly if not for him escaping from Mario
All these characters can survive without paint essentially granting them Nonexistent Physiology Type 2 and Type 5 Immortality but, they have to regen from it or they will be weakened severely

Last edited:
I agree with the abilities, idk about regen but i'm leaning towards it.

For NEP, sounds legit but it isn't their normal state so i assume they would have limited nep just like scp 682 does (i.e. existing like it but not being able to turn into it normally), unless they can remove paint from their body, then it should be fine.

Is like, basically the same but they would have time to regen from conceptual erasure without being attacked unless the other character can hit nep type 2, put simply, they would be able to regen at peace or something.

High Godly Bowser!

I deny this on the principle of Bowser being more broken than Eggman.

I was going to find it but apparently no one has any footage of it being used, so take it with a grain of salt while i search through a few walkthroughs

Disagree with the regen. As Huey literally stated that he wasn't dead:
Bowser's at his weakest point... Now's the time the time to hit him with out most powerful attack
Also, it wasn't even bowser who resurrected himself and restored his paint, it was mario with the piggy bank attack that restored his paint, not bowser.

Though it should be limited NEP type 2, but bowser couldn't act and was massively weakened

Well, disagree with High Godly by Ned's points (I was trolling before. Love Bowser, almost as much as Dr. Eggman)

I agree with everything else.

Also, it wasn't even bowser who resurrected himself and restored his paint, it was mario with the piggy bank attack that restored his paint, not bowser.
just, no. The attack never restored his paint, hell you could of used any attack there, there is no other source of paint that was around there

When the attack happened, we saw paint splash on him when he was attacked, and then we see his paint restored
the splash is there in every attack in the game, it is not paint being splashed onto him it is paint being removed from him (even though that makes no sense as he literally just used all his pain up in the black pain attack before this)

the splash is there in every attack in the game, it is not paint being splashed onto him it is paint being removed from him (even though that makes no sense as he literally just used all his pain up in the black pain attack before this)
Hmmm, but it is later shown that Mario can still restore paint. But it could probably be "possible High Godly"

also i found an image that describes how 1-ups work
unknown.png

oh yeah i just remembered, high godly needs everything gone and since we see the chars still have a physical form there goes high godly res

talking with weeb off site gave me reasons that give more credence for high-godly, but also made me remember something that does the same cause whenever a enemy gets drained of paint and defeated by mario, they spin out, flash and vanish, mario and bowser both have had all their paint removed. Mario in the Roy Bossfight, and bowser in his bossfight when he uses all of his paint in his final attack, bowser regened from his no paint state even though he should of been erased cause he had the paint from everything gone, so that should be more stuff for high godly bowser and for mario the stuff about existing while having no paint is for a later point
cause we see mario die as boo mario, who vanish with their being no trace of them whenever they are killed and mario as boo mario can die so he should die as other boos do, which 1-ups can still bring mario back from, so with it working to restore all paint also, that is high godly res for 1-ups

I've updated some of the stuff. Do you guys think "limited high godly regen" could work, at the very least? I mean paper is basically nothingness, even a void of nothingness in Sammer's Kingdom is made of paper.

Wasn't there another thread proposing the same thing that appeared more organized?

Resistances go to Mario. Mayyyybe Bowser and the Koopalings too since they gain their paint back after the battle and in Bowser's case there's a whole cinematic showing his color getting drained.

Bowser Jr. should get the resistances for being able to function paintless in Origami King I feel.

As for Concept Manip in general most enemy profiles would get it along with it's abilities because every enemy in Color Splash can drain paint. Toads also can drain paint.

The only enemy who might not get Concept Manip is BJ since he didn't appear in Color Splash. And of course any other enemy who wasn't present in Color Splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back