• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marco the Blue Bird vs Lugia the White Bird (0/0/0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Marco the Phoenix vs Lugia the Guardian of the Seas.
Marco the Blue Bird:
Lugia the White Bird:

Big Bird:

ddrnh42-8b09bde6-149d-454e-a1d5-5951067d48d0.png
249lugia-hgss-2.png

Last edited:
Lugia has some trouble to give Marco, but Marco does have regeneration, and can potentially win off of haki amping his attacks, and him having precog as well. Also, Lugia is at 11.46 teratons, while Marco is at 14.3 teratons. I give this to Marco.

marco boosting his stats might backfire since punishment deals double damage to foes who raise their stats, lugia might also be able to drag this fight out with his ability multiscale recover calm mind for healing, flinch hax and rain dance/hurricane combo to keep him at bay

marco boosting his stats might backfire since punishment deals double damage to foes who raise their stats,
Irrelevant due to Marco's regeneration.
lugia might also be able to drag this fight out with his ability multiscale recover
Which means? Marco scales above a weaker Ace who could fight for 5 days non stop.
calm mind for healing,
Haki has some degree of Regeneration negation, so I doubt this means much.
flinch hax
Kenbunshoku Haki counters.
and rain dance/hurricane combo to keep him at bay
What do these do?

Hurricane can make marco get confused and stuff, what can Kenbunshoku haki do to flinching
Kenbunshoku is a 6th sense that isn't linked to the physical 5 senses. It provides Precog, crazy good enhanced senses, Extrasensory Perception, Aura Sensing, Danger sensing and so on and so forth.

The question isn't what can Kenbunshoku Haki do to Flinching, the question is what can Flinching do the Kenbunshoku Haki.

Kenbunshoku is a 6th sense that isn't linked to the physical 5 senses. It provides Precog, crazy good enhanced senses, Extrasensory Perception, Aura Sensing, Danger sensing and so on and so forth.

The question isn't what can Kenbunshoku Haki do to Flinching, the question is what can Flinching do the Kenbunshoku Haki.
What is that gonna do to flinching which makes you stop moving and feel fear

What is that gonna do to flinching which makes you stop moving and feel fear
Kenbunshoku is again, a 6th sense. First prove to me that Flinching can effect a 6th sense, and it allows users to act independently, I.E it works subconsciously. Users of Kenbunshoku Haki can fight while unconscious, spatially separated and so on and so forth.

Flinch isn't working.

Kenbunshoku is again, a 6th sense. First prove to me that Flinching can effect a 6th sense, and it allows users to act independently, I.E it works subconsciously. Users of Kenbunshoku Haki can fight while unconscious, spatially separated and so on and so forth.

Flinch isn't working.
He literally isn't moving, what is he gonna sense? His death?

Being able to regen dosent mean he wont feel the pain

Pressure would cut that in half although this fight wouldnt take that long

my mistake calm mind raises stats recover is what heals, and recover isnt really regen its healing (i know its kinda confusing)

like garchomp said haki dosent make u not flinch im confused by this point

Zone him out and make it near impossible for marco to do close combat

Being able to regen dosent mean he wont feel the pain
Marco has incredible pain tolerance as well so that's irrelevant.
Pressure would cut that in half although this fight wouldnt take that long
Which is irrelevant, as Marco would still be able to fight for days.
my mistake calm mind raises stats recover is what heals, and recover isnt really regen its healing (i know its kinda confusing)
How does it work? Regardless Marco has him beat.
like garchomp said haki dosent make u not flinch im confused by this point
He's wrong there tbh.
Zone him out and make it near impossible for marco to do close combat
Marco is much more agile, and has ranged attacks to use, he can also just close the distance via flight.

based on what?

think of cure from kingdom hearts, lugias HP will just go from 60 to%100 and when he's at 100% the damage he takes is reduced by 50%

how does a 6th sense make u immune to flinch hax, its future sight emotion sensing etc

his range says extended melee range lugia Casually causes 40 day storms by flapping wings, if he wants to keep him away he will

And due to marcos lack of range, he would definitely lose due to lugia having country wide range, just from that profile, marco would lose to abra

Thats just pain tolerance and has nothing to do with resisting being paralyzed
Moving while unconscious isn't pain toleranc??? Literally what kind of drugs are you on? It's Instinctive Reaction, which would counter his Paralysis (which isn't even on the profile.)
based on what?
Literally basically scaling and the fact that he's still feeling the pain from the attacks.
think of cure from kingdom hearts, lugias HP will just go from 60 to%100 and when he's at 100% the damage he takes is reduced by 50%
It heals him, it doesn't make him anymore durable.
how does a 6th sense make u immune to flinch hax, its future sight emotion sensing etc
Instinctive Reaction, Kenbunshoku Haki users can still body despite their bodies being spatially cut apart, allows them to move while knocked out.
his range says extended melee range lugia Casually causes 40 day storms by flapping wings, if he wants to keep him away he will
We're in the middle of a CRT to change that. Did you not read the King and Queen fight? Blue Bird GG.
And due to marcos lack of range, he would definitely lose due to lugia having country wide range, just from that profile, marco would lose to abra
Marco has ranged attacks, and range isn't a reason for him to "Lose". Lugia doesn't have country wide AoE, so Marco can still evade via Kenbunshoku Haki. That's nice, Abra isn't in this thread so I don't care. Maybe hide your bias next time.

Another pokemon profile im gona have to clean up to help justify a win...
Even with his addition, it still wouldn't matter. I've already countered flinch, unless he has other abilities I'm not aware of.

You should also preferably make CRT's before adding in powers and abilities.

Moving while unconscious isn't pain toleranc??? Literally what kind of drugs are you on? It's Instinctive Reaction, which would counter his Paralysis (which isn't even on the profile.)

Literally basically scaling and the fact that he's still feeling the pain from the attacks.

It heals him, it doesn't make him anymore durable.

Instinctive Reaction, Kenbunshoku Haki users can still body despite their bodies being spatially cut apart, allows them to move while knocked out.

We're in the middle of a CRT to change that. Did you not read the King and Queen fight? Blue Bird GG.

Marco has ranged attacks, and range isn't a reason for him to "Lose". Lugia doesn't have country wide AoE, so Marco can still evade via Kenbunshoku Haki. That's nice, Abra isn't in this thread so I don't care. Maybe hide your bias next time.
The flinching works like paralysis because it makes you stop moving. Moving when unconscious doesn't mean anything and has no correlation to flinching. Lugias winds are strong enough to harm characters on his level, so the country wide storms are good enough to get the W. And telekinesis.

so everybody with regen has high pain tolerance?

multiscale makes him more durable, for Example if Thunderbolt usually does 60% if multiscale is active it would do 30%

ok that can help him dodge but if he is hit how does that make him not flinch is what im asking lol

tbh no im a anime only lmao

Range may not be the reason somebody loses but if your foe is spamming hurricane and halves the damage of your attacks while at full HP it'll be hard for marco to put him down

also future sight is a unavoidable mental attack

The flinching works like paralysis because it makes you stop moving.
Which again, is irrelevant due to Kenbunshoku.
Moving when unconscious doesn't mean anything and has no correlation to flinching.
It absolutely does it works whenever the user isn't in a state where one can move normally. They move without thinking, solely relying on Kenbunshoku Haki, Kino could fight as a torso perfectly fine and navigate through an island with his legs, Luffy could move after having being knocked out.
Lugias winds are strong enough to harm characters on his level, so the country wide storms are good enough to get the W.
Which is irrelevant as none of them have Marco's level of Regeneration, and what does he scale to? You can't just make random statements like that.
And telekinesis.

Kenbunshoku really doesnt counter flinching or paralysis as instinctive reaction requires your body to be abl to physically move

so everybody with regen has high pain tolerance?
False equivalency and a Strawman Fallacy at best. Marco isn't every regeneration user, he's been shown to be indifferent to the amounts of pain he takes with his DF, regardless of the regeneration the pain would still have an effect. The damage took place to begin with, flesh, nerves and bones are broken and impaled BEFORE they can heal. And Marco literally continued to fight in Marineford after getting shot by Kizaru without his DF.
multiscale makes him more durable, for Example if Thunderbolt usually does 60% if multiscale is active it would do 30%
Multi Scale can only do that if he's fully healed, which he isn't gonna be able to do against an opponent who's comparable, if not stronger.
ok that can help him dodge but if he is hit how does that make him not flinch is what im asking lol
Literally read above.
tbh no im a anime only lmao
We're done here.
Range may not be the reason somebody loses but if your foe is spamming hurricane and halves the damage of your attacks while at full HP it'll be hard for marco to put him down
Lugia doesn't spam any of those, especially Flinch which is irrelevant.
also future sight is a unavoidable mental attack
Blatant NLF to the highest degree.

Which again, is irrelevant due to Kenbunshoku.

It absolutely does it works whenever the user isn't in a state where one can move normally. They move without thinking, solely relying on Kenbunshoku Haki, Kino could fight as a torso perfectly fine and navigate through an island with his legs, Luffy could move after having being knocked out.

Which is irrelevant as none of them have Marco's level of Regeneration, and what does he scale to? You can't just make random statements like that.
People cannot move when unconscious because they can't even think. Flinching has nothing to do with thinking here. Moving as a torso, more pain tolerance feats, lugia still demolishes via telekinesis, status effects

Kenbunshoku really doesnt counter flinching or paralysis as instinctive reaction requires your body to be abl to physically move
They can use it in states where movement is impossible.
People cannot move when unconscious because they can't even think.
which is still a form of paralysis, so moot point.
Flinching has nothing to do with thinking here. Moving as a torso, more pain tolerance feats, lugia still demolishes via telekinesis, status effects
Man you clearly know nothing of the verse if you think that's a Pain Tolerance feat. They were Spatially cut, no damage was done to them so no, it isn't a "pain tolerance feat."

TK? Show me him using it on people with clas T lifting strength.

He doesn't spam Status Effects either.

He fought people he scales to or was above im still confused on where the high pain TL is coming from

Lugia has leftovers to slowly heal him recover to instantly heal him and can knock marco back with whirlwind/hurricane if he wants to get space to heal he will be able to

You dont spam flinch, he uses a move and some of them have a 30% chance of making the foe flinch

I still dont see how Observation negs flinching but it isnt that important so we can ignore it

I can see why its comes off as a NLF but thats the best way to describe it. He uses future sight and at the end of the next turn you take the damage

They can use it in states where movement is impossible.

which is still a form of paralysis, so moot point.

Man you clearly know nothing of the verse if you think that's a Pain Tolerance feat. They were Spatially cut, no damage was done to them so no, it isn't a "pain tolerance feat."

TK? Show me him using it on people with clas T lifting strength.

He doesn't spam Status Effects either.
Prove that unconsciousness is a form of paralysis. Weaker psychic types can use telekinesis on fighting types with mountain level lifting

Okay so ive cleaned up Lugia's profile so while i write out why it likely wins, wouldnt Whirlpool hard counter Marco? Seeing as devil fruit users get immobilized just by being in knee-deep water i feel like he'd have a lot of trouble with being completely engulfed in water for an extended period of time

Okay so ive cleaned up Lugia's profile so while i write out why it likely wins, wouldnt Whirlpool hard counter Marco? Seeing as devil fruit users get immobilized just by being in knee-deep water i feel like he'd have a lot of trouble with being completely engulfed in water for an extended period of time
Knee-deep water? I've seen a lot of cases where that's not the case. And they need at least half of their body in there for it to happen.

The water needs to be sitting water, not like whirlpool where it's constantly moving. Whirlpool wouldn't do much to Marco

Why does lugia have ice beam, or even electricity manipulation? I don't think lugia learns any of those by level up. Are TMs allowed now?

Knee-deep water? I've seen a lot of cases where that's not the case. And they need at least half of their body in there for it to happen.
I see our devil fruit page needs some updating then
The water needs to be sitting water, not like whirlpool where it's constantly moving. Whirlpool wouldn't do much to Marco
Eh? According to Oda being in a river would null devil fruit powers

Why does lugia have ice beam, or even electricity manipulation? I don't think lugia learns any of those by level up. Are TMs allowed now?
I removed electricity manip as i have no idea where that came from

Ice Beam is from a set of Event Lugias

TMs are still not allowed

I removed electricity manip as i have no idea where that came from

Ice Beam is from a set of Event Lugias

TMs are still not allowed
Wait don't remove it, i think it might have probably come from the anime when it stirs up a storm, someone else might have a reason. It could also be from dragon breath which uses electric paralysis

Wait don't remove it, i think it might have probably come from the anime when it stirs up a storm, someone else might have a reason. It could also be from dragon breath which uses electric paralysis
Creating a storm that causes lightning wouldnt be electricity manip though thats just weather manip

Lugia cant learn dragonbreath

Weaker ice types like a trained Sneasel in the lucario movie can freeze fire types who have innate resistance to ice manipulation, so Lugia should be able to do the same and freeze marco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back