• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marco the Blue Bird vs Lugia the White Bird (0/0/0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see out devil fruit pages needs some updating then
Thanks for informing me, I'll work on it
Eh? According to Oda being in a river would null devil fruit powers
SBS 41
D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother

O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Fruit users bathing themselves. People who have eaten a Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!

See you next volume!
Instances where they're not weak to small amounts of water, more when they're doused by large sums of water and they aren't weakened.

Also, even if the water does end up stopping Marco from moving and such, it wouldn't stop his regeneration. Water just sap energy, but their abilities are still active.

Skill Swap is a huge issue, but I'm assuming it doesn't take all of the opponent's abilities, so Marco should still be able to use Haki when he gets out of the whirlpool.

Haki has regen-negation that's equal to Marco's regen, so if Lugia takes his regeneration, Marco will be harmed (no questions asked, no arguments against it), but Marco can nullify Lugia's regeneration with Buso Haki.

Weaker ice types like a trained Sneasel in the lucario movie can freeze fire types who have innate resistance to ice manipulation, so Lugia should be able to do the same and freeze marco
Marco has shown to casually defrost ice even without using his peak heat capacity, and Buso has resistance to resistance negation.

Skill Swap is a huge issue, but I'm assuming it doesn't take all of the opponent's abilities, so Marco should still be able to use Haki when he gets out of the whirlpool.
It doesnt take all their abilities, just passives, so Marco would still have his phoenix form and haki but he would lose his regen
Haki has regen-negation that's equal to Marco's regen, so if Lugia takes his regeneration, Marco will be harmed (no questions asked, no arguments against it), but Marco can nullify Lugia's regeneration with Buso Haki.
Lugia actually has Self-Curer which can counteract healing null, as wll as stuff like Safeguard which would do the same
Marco has shown to casually defrost ice even without using his peak heat capacity
So have fire types in pokemon, there are pokemon that have a passive body heat of thousands of degrees and they can be frozen, though this would rely on Lugia actually hitting Marco with Ice Beam
Skill Swap being able to mimic Mid levels of regeneration seems like a blatant NLF to me.
Theres actually an ability in Pokemon called Regenerator that pokemon with specifically high levels of regen have and Lugia can steal it with Skill Swap

Why did I put Marco against this haxed doofus

So Lugia's just busted then?

I can't vote for my own thread, can everyone say who they vote for so I can add it to the OP?

Most pokemon ar a lot more dangerous than people think, and it doesnt help that the profiles arnt in that great of shape either
are we allowed to just add abilities without a CRT, for abilities that are already accepted for certain moves? Because many profiles have pokemon with like, shadow ball but not listed as ectoplasm or soul manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back