• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Makima vs Morgan Yu (1-0-0)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: A DOG'S PREY

Welp, first one on the list to gauge my ability on making these MUs. See if I have the rotten luck I have with Kira matches as well as see what kind of dumb stuff I need to look out for in the future
● ------------------------------------- ●
A screen hung on a section of the looping hallway, a new addition with Ironwood's rule. Its use was to map out the infinite and ever-expanding multiverse currently registered. It was an odd sight for sure, to see how little one truly is in the grand scheme of things though for others, they simply view the possibilities...

"Just a pocket universe? How small..." Makima thought, viewing the structure of her universe in comparison of the grander scheme of things. A new universe was created with every choice and possibility and she relegated herself to the betterment of just one universe? The chainsaw devil's effects didn't even go past its universe. This opportunity was not common in any way and she did not plan on wasting it, no.

So, what can she do?

"You know how to read that, do you?" someone asked beside her, earning her attention.
"Your presence always seems to change yet one thing seems to remain consistent" Makima asked, turning to face the person standing next to her.

"What are you?".

The man simply straightened the collar of his sweater under his labcoat before offering his hand, that scent being notably different than the last time she sensed this... human's presence.

"Dr. Bright, I presume you're the most recent addition to the team?" he greeted.

A rank perhaps? But then why did something about this human stick? And what kind of rank name is Dr. Bright?

"I was told you don't see normally so I'll just get this out of the way. I'm one guy that occasionally jumps from body to body. How it's done is not relevant for now. What is relevant is that you'll be seeing me a lot from now on" Dr. Bright explained.
"Explain" Makima asked.

"Ironwood has two teams to deal with this pony problem. One is for investigation which I lead, and the other is the kill team, meant to confront said problematic ponies. That's the one you'll be leading" the researcher explained, earning his companion's intrigue.
"Hmm, a researcher and investigator? That would certainly be useful" she replied, a chain suddenly shooting out of her companion's forehead and quickly wrapping around her arm.

"Give me all of you".

Dr. Bright simply replied with "Sure!" before pulling out a gift box from his lab coat and handing it over to Makima, the chain on his forehead withering away. The control devil looked watched in confusion as the researcher simply walked out the door, giving her a salute before fully exiting. Looking at her gift box, she decided to open it, finding it to be a plain white mug...

"So, how did the meeting with your co-worker go?" Director Aktus asked, having found Dr. Bright in the hallway.
"It went great. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful partnership" he replied, earning uncertainty from his peers.

"And did you rile her up in order to get her to kill you with the variety of abilities she has and can acquire?" Contessa asked.
"What? No..." the researcher replied.

The sound of powerful concussive blasts as well as a silhouette of tendrils and chains can be seen in the room behind him, instantly confirming this lie.

• Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: Room 165

morgan_yu__prey_fanart__by_tashacho_dbbcy8p-fullview.jpg

VS
chainsaw_man____makima_by_johnnyazad_deoevya-414w-2x.jpg

Last edited:
Since I can't access the scans for Makima's Resurrection and Damage Transferal, I don't have a great understanding of how the ability works. From what is explained on her profile, it activates when something considered as an attack affects her. What exactly constitutes an attack in this instance, and can it be used while she's residing in a separate country/plane?

Since I can't access the scans for Makima's Resurrection and Damage Transferal, I don't have a great understanding of how the ability works. From what is explained on her profile, it activates when something considered as an attack affects her. What exactly constitutes an attack in this instance
Anything with the intention to harm or kill her(it can be bypassed if the attack is made by someone who loves her)
, and can it be used while she's residing in a separate country/plane?
Yes

After looking at Morgan profile i think makima wins

Morgan has mind manip so it may bypass makima contract but makima has precognition and can teleport out of Morgan range

After doing that she can Just use her portals to summon her devils right on top of morgan and not give them time to react( like she did against the gun Devil) which would kill morgan, all of her devils have enough ap and hax(madness manip, death manip, dollification, bfr, sealing etc) to defeat morgan

Last edited:
I'll pitch in because of the added effort of making a story (Nice job by the way!)

Since someone is arguing for Makima, I'll be in Morgan's corner.

First points of interest are Morgan's Extraordinary Genius compared to Makima's general Genius or Gifted (in combat), The overwhelming amount of Standard Equipment Morgan has, as well as the Abilities he possesses. The Original Poster didn't use Makima's Possibly Omniscient intelligence so I won't be using that. Also, "prior knowledge" is too vague for me so I'll be assuming that both parties knows each others abilities.

Starting Seconds of Battle:

I've seen from other threads that Makima starts with Mind Hacks, Morgan Yu resists this. I don't know if Makima's Mind Manipulation is layered or has some sort of special way it works, but as it looks now Morgan Yu will not immediately get controlled Makima. Morgan Yu's starting attacks are unknown to me, but from what his Extraordinary Genius tells me, he'll start going down the list of his attacks until he hits her with his Mindjack ability then Makima will suffer an ironic fate.

After initial scuffle:
Makima may realize that Morgan Yu can actually kill/defeat her (from her Prior Knowledge) and try to use the battle's Location to her advantage. Assuming that Makima has the basic knowledge of what a Japanese school layout is, she'll be hiding while she summons her various Devil Hunters. I believe that Morgan Yu will be able to handle them as combined with Prior Knowledge and his Extraordinary Genius along with his Absorption and Healing he'll be able to dispatch through any one of his chosen Abilities. Now, depending on his In-Character tactics, Morgan Yu may use his Phantom Genesis on the corpses to aid him in battle or just Mindjack them against Makima in the initial encounter. Makima'll be in the backfoot, since she's outnumbered with either Phantoms or her Devil Hunters that will definitely use the same abilities on her. She only resists Memory Manipulation, Dollification, Zombification & Corruption, Status Effect Inducement, and Fire Manipulation. If Morgan Yu does not use either of these two abilities, then at this point it'll be a battle of who can reach their win condition first. I argue that Morgan Yu will reach it first since Makima's go to options are Martial Arts, Mind Manipulation, and Telekinesis. All of which he can deal with (Martial Arts is dealt with by Absorption), or resists/makes into his own power (Via his Psychoshock. I'd argue that Makima's Telekinesis/Psionic potential is so weak compared to what Morgan Yu has that she'll be effected by this) Morgan Yu will eventually hit Makima with a Mindjack, then win by SBA from Incapacitation or unintentionally find a way around her contract (similar to what Denji did) and win by Incapacitation of opponent.

My vote goes to Morgan Yu because of his more easily attainable Win Conditions (which are Mindjack and Mimic Matter) I haven't gotten across his entire Abilities, such as his Forcefield Creation and Attack Reflection which will only favor Morgan Yu's win more, because I need to see more arguments for Makima's win for it to play a factor.

Makima may realize that Morgan Yu can actually kill/defeat her (from her Prior Knowledge) and try to use the battle's Location to her advantage. Assuming that Makima has the basic knowledge of what a Japanese school layout is, she'll be hiding while she summons her various Devil Hunters.
she can also summon devils, fiends, zombies(basically devil hunters controlled by the zombie devil) and hybrids like she did against the gun devil and pochita
Makima'll be in the backfoot, since she's outnumbered with either Phantoms or her Devil Hunters that will definitely use the same abilities on her. She only resists Memory Manipulation, Dollification, Zombification & Corruption, Status Effect Inducement, and Fire Manipulation. If Morgan Yu does not use either of these two abilities, then at this point it'll be a battle of who can reach their win condition first. I argue that Morgan Yu will reach it first since Makima's go to options are Martial Arts,
she only tried to fight physically against pochita(who is basically her idol) so i doubt she would do that here
Mind Manipulation, and Telekinesis.
there's also her bio manip which she uses quite often
All of which he can deal with (Martial Arts is dealt with by Absorption), or resists/makes into his own power (Via his Psychoshock. I'd argue that Makima's Telekinesis/Psionic potential is so weak compared to what Morgan Yu has that she'll be effected by this) Morgan Yu will eventually hit Makima with a Mindjack, then win by SBA from Incapacitation or unintentionally find a way around her contract (similar to what Denji did) and win by Incapacitation of opponent.
i'd argue makima could reach her wincons first since combined with prior knowledge she also has clairvoyance, precognition, higher reaction speed and various ways to avoid his attacks(like teleportation, making her immortal minions take the damage for her or just teleporting outside of his range since she can attack from hundreds of kilometers while morgan's highest range is hundreds of meters)

he can also summon devils, fiends, zombies (basically devil hunters controlled by the zombie devil) and hybrids like she did against the gun devil and [P]ochita

In that case, Morgan Yu will be even more incentivize to use either mass-destructive attacks or if my aforementioned theoretical plan is used, more enemies for Makima. Morgan Yu has Black Hole Creation with Recycler Charge that will reduce the summoned devils, fiends, and zombies to their fundamental forms, removing them from the fight (Unless Makima can re-summon them), or just Mindjack them and control them.
he only tried to fight physically against [P]ochita (who is basically her idol)[,] so doubt she would do that here

Going out on a limb and saying, what's not to say she wouldn't idolized Morgan Yu? (If this point is unessential then my bad!) I've heard that anyone equal or superior to she idolizes. Morgan can very well fit the requirements for the idolization. Extraordinary Genius, and if Prior Knowledge isn't just limited to their Abilities, Makima would also know the crazy achievements Morgan Yu has accomplished. Even though Standard Battle Assumptions say that Makima will still fight, her tactics and focus in the fight might wane because like in her fight against Pochita where she openly expressed her doubt in winning, she may do something along similar lines.
[T]here's also her bio manip which she uses quite often.
Partially Absorbed with his Psionics or attack reflected with Backlash (If that cannot be absorbed [I don't know why it has strikethrough it won't let me erase it XD])
'd argue makima could reach her wincons first since combined with prior knowledge she also has clairvoyance, precognition, higher reaction speed and various ways to avoid his attacks(like teleportation, making her immortal minions take the damage for her or just teleporting outside of his range since she can attack from hundreds of kilometers while morgan's highest range is hundreds of meters)

It doesn't state how Clairvoyance works in the profile, so I will assume it only works up to being able to read minds and connect her senses to people in an entirely different dimension. Her precognition is only seconds into the future. How much can this be spammed? Morgan Yu could still hit her with a Speed of Light attack with Q-Beam in the moments between each activation. Morgan Yu has Prior Knowledge, so he'd wait for the downtime in between each activation and then use Q-Beam. Makima doesn't have Speed of Light speed so I'd say she wouldn't be able to create a portal to dodge the beam in time. Makima's Portal Creation looks to only work through Prinz teleporting Makima to her, so she couldn't dodge by using Prinz's zipper on herself (Meaning she can't put a zipper on herself and teleport) Morgan Yu would either kill Prinz offhandedly or Power Nullification Prinz through Nullwave Transmitter. Makima can't stay back and snipe Morgan Yu because he has two different Attack Reflections and one Damage Transferal. The Attack reflections are from Backlash and a Limited one from PSI Reflect, and Damage Transferal from Backlash Reactor. If Makima can either find a way around and/or Morgan Yu either doesn't/can't use his Attack Reflections and Damage Transferal, he is shown to be able to react to attacks/people superior in speed to himself by standing still and using his Limited Self-Perception Manipulation. I know Makima's attacks are invisible (Are they layered too?) but half of the power is absorbed and if it's damaging he could heal using any one of his consumables. He can also amplify himself if need be and could get around Makima's precognition by using his Phantom Shift ability (Summons a decoy of himself)

Morgan Yu has a bunch of answers to any attack Makima throws at him. The location will also play a good amount into the fight (Because the location, which is an Abandoned Japanese School, will have long narrow pathways that can help Morgan Yu cluster up Devil Hunters and Zombies to blow up all at once, as well as reduce the amount of directions Makima can attack from) up until Makima decides to leave the location. Not sure how rules will apply then (Do they have access to the entirety of Rooms 151-199? Do environmental factors, such as the shadow figures come into play? Can Makima even move to use her hundreds of kilometers range in this location?)

Morgan Yu wins because the Devil Hunters couldn't get their hands on him before he either reacts with his Forcefield Creation and Attack Reflection (Backlash), Power Nullification (Nullwave Transmitter), Sealing, Limited Size Manipulation, Adhesive Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement (GLOO Cannon), Quantum Manipulation, Matter Manipulation (Macro-Quantum) and Black Hole Creation (Recycler Charge), Damage Transferal (BACKLASH REACTOR S-P58), or even if they get close, Plasma Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Instinctive Action and Limited Temperature Manipulation (Superthermal) Morgan Yu will then either use his Necromancy, Limited Transformation and Limited Power Bestowal (Phantom Genesis) on the remaining corpses, use Mind Control and Perception Manipulation (Mindjack) on each of the Devil Hunters, or move on to Makima where he will eventually catch her with his Speed of Light attack speed and Mindjack, Seal, or put her to sleep with RSV-77 Neuroelectric Disruptor if he cannot do either of the previous two, which he will then Mindjack- (You get the point)

In that case, Morgan Yu will be even more incentivize to use either mass-destructive attacks or if my aforementioned theoretical plan is used, more enemies for Makima. Morgan Yu has Black Hole Creation with Recycler Charge that will reduce the summoned devils, fiends, and zombies to their fundamental forms, removing them from the fight (Unless Makima can re-summon them)
makima should be able to re-summon some of them even after they're killed since even though they were one shotted by pochita a lot of times they can still come bac.
, or just Mindjack them and control them.
is his mind manip layered? otherwise it would just become a battle for control since makima is already using her mind control on all of them
Going out on a limb and saying, what's not to say she wouldn't idolized Morgan Yu? (If this point is unessential then my bad!) I've heard that anyone equal or superior to she idolizes. Morgan can very well fit the requirements for the idolization. Extraordinary Genius, and if Prior Knowledge isn't just limited to their Abilities, Makima would also know the crazy achievements Morgan Yu has accomplished. Even though Standard Battle Assumptions say that Makima will still fight, her tactics and focus in the fight might wane because like in her fight against Pochita where she openly expressed her doubt in winning, she may do something along similar lines.
probably not, the reason makima admires pochita is due to his ability to erase concepts and because she witnessed all his achievements in hell(and she only tried to fight physically against him after he was weakened)
Partially Absorbed with his Psionics or attack reflected with Backlash (If that cannot be absorbed [I don't know why it has strikethrough it won't let me erase it XD])
makima's bio manip was able to make a man bleed from all his orifices with a simple stare and by pointing at the Darkness Devil she was able to wound it despite its invulnerability in the dark

morgan's profile says it has the chance to return the damage so i wouldn't count on it to protect him
It doesn't state how Clairvoyance works in the profile, so I will assume it only works up to being able to read minds and connect her senses to people in an entirely different dimension. Her precognition is only seconds into the future. How much can this be spammed?
it can also be automatic, so even if she isn't trying to activate it the future devil will show her a vision of the future
Morgan Yu could still hit her with a Speed of Light attack with Q-Beam in the moments between each activation.
would't it be transferred by makima's contract?
Makima doesn't have Speed of Light speed so I'd say she wouldn't be able to create a portal to dodge the beam in time.
like i said before, she could make her minions take the damage for her
Makima's Portal Creation looks to only work through Prinz teleporting Makima to her, so she couldn't dodge by using Prinz's zipper on herself (Meaning she can't put a zipper on herself and teleport) Morgan Yu would either kill Prinz offhandedly
she can also create portals using parts of her body(even if prinz is killed makima has undead body puppetry so she'd just control her body)
or Power Nullification Prinz through Nullwave Transmitter.
morgan's power null seems to be limited to psionic abilities
Makima can't stay back and snipe Morgan Yu because he has two different Attack Reflections and one Damage Transferal.
she can do her death ritual, can morgan transfer this lever of damage? if he can she should be able to send him to hell which has devils like darkness and falling
The Attack reflections are from Backlash and a Limited one from PSI Reflect, and Damage Transferal from Backlash Reactor. If Makima can either find a way around and/or Morgan Yu either doesn't/can't use his Attack Reflections and Damage Transferal, he is shown to be able to react to attacks/people superior in speed to himself by standing still and using his Limited Self-Perception Manipulation. I know Makima's attacks are invisible (Are they layered too?) but half of the power is absorbed and if it's damaging he could heal using any one of his consumables.
what is the level of his healing?
Morgan Yu has a bunch of answers to any attack Makima throws at him. The location will also play a good amount into the fight (Because the location, which is an Abandoned Japanese School, will have long narrow pathways that can help Morgan Yu cluster up Devil Hunters and Zombies to blow up all at once, as well as reduce the amount of directions Makima can attack from)
due to her minions destructive capabilities i'd say that the abandoned school would be destroyed right at the beginning of the fight(like reze's attacks)
up until Makima decides to leave the location. Not sure how rules will apply then (Do they have access to the entirety of Rooms 151-199? Do environmental factors, such as the shadow figures come into play? Can Makima even move to use her hundreds of kilometers range in this location?)
i'd say no but it's up to the OP if they want it to be added as a factor to this match up

makima should be able to re-summon some of them even after they're killed since even though they were one shotted by pochita a lot of times they can still come bac.
Morgan Yu will Mindjack around the second time he sees them or seal them. (Also the link doesn't work for me)
is his mind manip layered? otherwise it would just become a battle for control since makima is already using her mind control on all of them
Morgan Yu would win the battle for control, as Morgan Yu previously contented with Mind Control with Telepaths in his universe before. (On his Profile, the Mindjack ability is stated as such: "Morgan's proficiency with this psionic ability is extremely high, being able to nullify the mind control of Telepaths who've taken control of the minds of other humans")

"Telepaths are sentient life forms and can overpower the minds of anyone [humans] unfortunate enough to be in their presence...The Psychoscope protects against this overpowering ability, which explains why a Telepath does not just simply take control of Morgan Yu..." (Prey 2017 Wiki) The wiki further confirms that Morgan Yu has fight multiple opponents and won. This comes from both Morgan's and Peter's notes, which respectively are "Powers not just limited to mind control. Watch out for the homing spheres. Can emit a powerful wave that nullifies other psychic abilities around it. Getting too close will get you mangled by another powerful blast. GLOO doesn't seem to work well. Should keep away from it. Stick to long-range weapons or a nullwave device." and "Prefers to let others do the fighting. Will hide behind a shield until you pop all its little minions, after which it'll join the fun. Try not to eat too many of its homing psi blasts or it'll trash your weapons. Getting close isn't an option either - it'll blast you back." Makima nearly fits the bill neatly.
probably not, the reason makima admires pochita is due to his ability to erase concepts and because she witnessed all his achievements in hell(and she only tried to fight physically against him after he was weakened)
Then, I concede on that point.
makima's bio manip was able to make a man bleed from all his orifices with a simple stare and by pointing at the Darkness Devil she was able to wound it despite its invulnerability in the dark

morgan's profile says it has the chance to return the damage so i wouldn't count on it to protect him
I concede on the Damage Transferal point. Morgan Yu can heal Biological Manipulation with Medkits and Coagulating Gel.
it can also be automatic, so even if she isn't trying to activate it the future devil will show her a vision of the future
I don't think the Future Devil would make it automatic in this scenario. In the Scans, it shows the Future Devil clearly amused at Aki. I would say it was more of manually activating it rather than it being automatic. (I'm horrible at reading and interpreting manga so take this with a grain of salt)
would't it be transferred by makima's contract?
It would, my point is that the process of regeneration/resurrection would allow Morgan Yu enough time to throw out a Power Nullification bomb or any one of his win conditions. The profile states that her resurrection/regeneration is "almost instantaneously" but I don't know how fast that magnitude is compared to Speed of Light attacks. I'm not saying that Morgan Yu would be able to kill her through her contract, but I am saying that he could keep her in a death loop long enough with his Q-Beam to pull out any one of his other win conditions.
like i said before, she could make her minions take the damage for her
Makima's minions would either be waning or all dead from Morgan's Mindjack or Sealing. In the event that she still does have minions, the panel's context says that the minion physically got in between Makima and the attack. None of the Devil Hunters have Speed of Light reactions or speed to get to Makima in time to block the attack. But if you are saying she summons them to her, then they get blown up as per the Q-Beam's effects and Makima still gets hit by the explosion. If you mean Damage Transferal, they explode and Morgan just shoots his weapon again.
she can also create portals using parts of her body(even if prinz is killed makima has undead body puppetry so she'd just control her body)
Can Makima's portal creation go back Morgan Yu's sealing?
she can do her death ritual, can morgan transfer this lever of damage? if he can she should be able to send him to hell which has devils like darkness and falling
I don't know if Morgan can transfer that level of damage, so I'll concede on that point. I'll argue on the point of what would happen if Morgan Yu gets BFR'd later. What are the parameters of the death ritual?
what is the level of his healing?
Deep wounds, internal hemorrhaging, concussions, burn wounds and synthetic skin, increasing his psychic potential and psionic reserves, and repairing broken bones "on the fly" and fracture trauma.
due to her minions destructive capabilities i'd say that the abandoned school would be destroyed right at the beginning of the fight(like reze's attacks)
Depends on how durable Room 165 is. It takes place in Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion, and from what I've heard of it, Rooms are impossible to change or destroy. Original Poster didn't specify that it was indestructible so I concede on this point too.

Morgan Yu can apparently just...turn into Makima herself because of his possible Shapeshifting, Power Mimicry and Matter Manipulation or Dimensional Travel/Portal Creation (Morgan can transform his physical appearance to anything around him) It's either because "Morgan is manipulating his entire body on an Atomic level to transform his physical appearance[1] or Morgan generates a portal to another parallel reality and "swaps" himself with that object, causing him to have a conscious link to said object while his physical body is inside that parallel reality[1])" (Makima vs Makima LOL) Morgan Yu seems to completely copy the object's/thing's powers. So...how reasonable does it sound for Morgan Yu to turn himself into Makima with all his psychic abilities? (Just humor me, okay?)

Morgan Yu can also use Information Analysis, Power Mimicry and Power Bestowal with his Psychoscope. Completing the scanning process gives Morgan Yu information about the name, abilities, weakness, what the entity is, and the entity's name. From this scan, he can use their neural activities and patterns to copy everything from it. Which will allow Morgan to mimic abilities which are dependent on the neural activities. The only thing I am focusing on is the Information Analysis, as the Power Mimicry would not work on Makima. Morgan Yu would literally be given Makima's weakness and he'd just do what it says.

Back