• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Make a Pokemon Evolve

Just an idea me and some friends of mine had in English class one day. You take a Pokemon that you think should evolve and evolve it.

Rules - kinda. I mean, its for fun, feel free to exclude some of these or be vague.

• Include some lore for the Pokemon, whether it be some folk tale or a Pokedex entry.
  • Include a base stat spread for your evolved Pokemon.
  • Include abilities. If you want, you can even make up your own abilities. Anything goes.
  • A general idea what moves it would learn that it pre-evolution can't, or moves that synergize with the abilities it gained.
  • 3rd stages can't evolve and most Pokemon that can mega can't evolve, so you probably shouldn't do that. Legendaries fit under this too, kinda. This is all theoretical, so you don't necessarily have to follow this one.
  • Have fun or something.

As for me, I chose to evolve Dunsparce. I love the thing ever since I tried (and failed) a Nuzlocke of pokemon X. I had a full team of six and we were going strong, nothing was able to stop us... Until a double battle with two furfrou. I had horribly underestimated the guy before then, and putting him out into the fight was the last thing I considered until he was the only Pokemon still alive. He managed to pull through thanks to the help of leech seed and could take about 3 hits before he was down, but I was able to heal him before then. My team was shattered, though, and I gave up the challenge due to having essentially no one left to continue to run unless I cheated.

Something that experience taught me was that, at the time you get him, Dunsparce is powerful. Its stat spread is actually pretty good for a Pokemon you can get at level 7, with a 415 stat total that allows it to out muscle even your starter, whose likely around Charmander's 309 stat total. Doesn't help the poor lizard that it learns Rollout really early. However, I decided that he should have evolved. He had no late-game potential, and to someone who never saw him before, he'd seem like he'd evolve. So I made Dunserpent, a predatory Quetzalcoatl-looking thing. I didn't realize that only Ultra-Beasts had a 570 stat total when I made him, but eh. Its just an idea.

Dunserpent

Stats

Evolves from Dunsparce at level 40

• Type - Ground/Flying
  • Abilities - Serene Grace / Quick Tunneler, moves that normally take two turns, such as Dig or Fly, take only one turn to use.
  • Hidden - Rattled
  • HP - 140
  • ATK - 105
  • DEF - 105
  • SP.A - 80
  • SP.D - 80
  • SPD - 60
  • Total - 570
Dunserpent would learn all moves that Dunsparce learns, but would learn general ground type and flying type moves like Earthquake or Aerial Ace, but would learn moves like Air Slash or Bite to take advantage of Serene Grace, or could learn moves like Dig, Sky Drop, Dive, etc. in order to take advantage of Quick Tunneler.

General Info

When spotted, Dunserpent burrows into the ground backwards with its tail. When the hole is approached, Dunserpent launches itself out of the ground and grabs its prey in its jaws before flying off with its powerful wings to its real nest.

• Height (In this case, Length) - 17'3"
  • Weight - 208 lbs.
  • M/F Ratio - 50/50

Back